The Torre is just about as perfect as it gets for Florence hotels. You can read the other descriptions to learn about the history of the place but the bottom line is that you’re staying in a palace above the city with stunning views, an amazing past, beautiful gardens, a luxurious pool, spacious rooms and a property that makes you feel as though you might run in to Dante or a member of the Medici family in its ancient hallways.
It’s good for all American travelers to recognize that places like this have much less in the way of staff and amenities than a comparably priced hotel in the US. When we arrived there was one person at the front and she showed us to our room, meaning that the front desk was unattended for a few minutes. This is not uncommon and if you’re a very high efficiency American on a business trip, this might be irritating. If you’re moving on the pace of most Italians and able to wait a few minutes for a drink or someone to come to your assistance, you’ll be well rewarded by this palace of a hotel. I mention this because I heard some grumbling from another guest about the lack of staff and that’s really a misunderstanding of what this place is all about.
There seem to be a very few rooms, perhaps ten (?) and you really want a room with a view of Florence rather than the valley side although I’m not sure if there is more than one of those. The views from the rooms as well as the pool are enough to make you just sit there and stare…literally for hours. The first time I came to Florence, I hiked up to Piazza Michelangelo to have a good view of the city. This time, with a bit more research (and money), I found a hotel that gives you a room with the view that everyone else clamors into taxis for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 13th.century historical tower with extraordinary view of Florence, a stone's throw from the city, yet a country haven of peace and silence. Each room, very large, has its own character with antique furniture. Modern bathrooms and facilities. Vast garden with outdoor swimming pool. Extremely friendly staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Torre Di Bellosguardo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torre Di Bellosguardo Hotel Florence
- Torre Di Bellosguardo Florence