“Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful”

Ranked #19 of 421 Hotels in Florence
Oakdale, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

If you want to feel like a nobleman this is the place. Quiet, beautiful and peaceful!
We enjoyed the gardens, the view of Florence from our room, number 6 , and the ambience more than Florence itself.
An absolute highlight on our 16 day trip through Europe.

Room Tip: Room 6 and whichever room above have fabulous view of Florence!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Belflorence, Owner at Torre Di Bellosguardo, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Guest,
How generous of you to write that Bellosguardo was the highlight of your holiday. We are more than delighted that you were happy here and hope to be able to welcome you once again in the future. Thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Turkish first
Wien
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

This is a unique place in a magic setting. It feels like a timeless place (500 year old building) in a wonderful large garden with the best views of the world capital of art. The service is excellent, personal and very attentive. We enjoyed walking through the gardens into the city center, we felt heavenly watching the scenery from the terrace.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Belflorence, Owner at Torre Di Bellosguardo, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Dear Guest,
How wonderful that your holiday here was a success. Thank you very much for taking tghe time to write such a nice and positive review.
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

This is a totally different experience that was a total pleasure to stay at...I live in an old property too & expected it to be just as it is.......totally charming with 100% people running it.
Please dont alter this.
The different experience of staying outside this fabulous city by looking over it just can't be missed......the short taxi ride isn't a problem in fact it prevents this brilliant place from being thronged by "tourists"
The rooms we had were very,very elegant, the breakfast terrace is a very nice experience, the bar is something you would expect in a movie...very plush
The owners are people who really car about each individuals.....we had an unexpected illness when we were there & they couldn't have been more helpful
The car park is a bit of a tight squeeze for a wide sports car....next time I will guided
in....realistically my car isn't needed in Florence....only a means of getting there.
YES we will go back there.

Room Tip: No I keep this as my data to myself...I know which rooms have the views !
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Belflorence, Owner at Torre Di Bellosguardo, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Dear Guest,
Do not worry! We will always carry out improvements, but never never will we alter the character or atmosphere of Bellosguardo. Thank you so much about your comments concerning how we treat clients. Rather than just in another hotel we really want them to feel at home, drink in the peace and beauty. We hope you will return soon!
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

It was my second time visiting Firenze and no other hotel made me feel so intensly the Renaissance history of such a beautiful city. This place is so discreet, outside and really near the center. I also rediscover beautiful gardens, as the limoneria and chilli collection. The staff went out of their way to be helpfull and I felt totally at home. I spent much time feeding the lovely donkeys and wild shetland poney as well as petting the cats.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Belflorence, Owner at Torre Di Bellosguardo, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear Guest,
It was a delight having you here in Bellosguardo. You made the most of your stay, even feeding the lovely, affectionate donkeys. Thank you very much for all you write. Do return soon and we will welcome you with open arms.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

We had the most wonderful week at Torre di Bellosguardo in early September. It is on a hill above Florence with an amazing view of the historic center and has a really beautiful garden from which to enjoy the view. The hotel is lovely, but we were in the delightful Casa Rosa apartment, with two bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a well stocked kitchen, dining and seating areas and a private terrace with a view of the countryside. We walked down to Florence each morning and most days walked back up. The walk itself is fascinating - for a few minutes you're in the countryside, then you walk through a gate and are in Florence, a couple blocks from Porta Romana. If the walk back up seems too much with groceries, a cab ride is inexpensive - or you can drive to a grocery store to stock up. This is a great place to stay, and I look forward to returning to it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
We too look forward to your return. We loved having you and are so happy that you enjoyed your stay here. Thank you very much for your generous warm review.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

(September 2013). The one London flight a day gets you into Florence at about 7.00pm. I checked into Torre Di Bellosguardo at about 8.30pm. I asked for a table in their restaurant. I was told the restaurant had just closed. I asked if I could get some bar snacks with a glass of wine and was told that the bar was now closed. I explained that I had not eaten all day and was hungry. Were they telling me that there was nothing to eat or drink in their hotel at 8.30 in the evening? They were!!. They apologised and suggested that I could get a taxi into the city. I suggested I was tired and didn't want to. A top hotel without a restaurant or bar is just a top B&B but at 300 Euros it's a very expensive B&B. The gardens were charming though.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank 84Shaun
Belflorence, Owner at Torre Di Bellosguardo, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Dear Guest,
I am so sorry there was a misunderstanding. We have NO restaurant, so it would be impossible to book a table there . Nobody could have told you that it was closed. In order to help out tired travellers like you we submit each day a menu from one of the two excellent restaurants at the bottom of our hill, take their order and fetch their choice and serve it elegantly at our bar. But the restaurants insist that the order has to be placed by 6.30 p.m.
Royal Oak, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

This hotel is absolutely beautiful. My boyfriend and I loved the rich history of it. It is absolutely breathtaking. We had exceptional service from the staff from the minute we checked in. It is a bit far from the main part of Florence but staying here is definitely worth the walk to town or taxi ride back from a long day of walking. The only complaint I had were the amount of mosquitos on the property. They mainly came from the main entrance room and the room where you can get wifi. I was bit 20+ times on my legs and arms during our 3 night stay. It was to the point where I was getting upset about it. My boyfriend got bit as well but not as much me. We would definitely return but with some bug spray!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Belflorence, Owner at Torre Di Bellosguardo, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear Guest, It is a real pleasure for us each time you and your husband come to Bellosguardo and we can immerse ourselves in witty and intelligent conversations. Thank you so much for your kind comments. We look forward to your return.