We, the whole crew of a danish TV-show, stayed at Torre di Bellosguardo for three nights in November. It was dark and raining when we arrived, but still the first view of the place is impressive. The Lobby is enormous with frescoes painted on the ceiling. Going through a lot of smaller halls and up the stairs, the rooms were none the less impressive. Opened with old heavy iron keys to match the locks - and the feeling of being removed from whatever modernity that is going on outside.
If this place does not bring you back to the days of Dante, nothing will.
The next morning at sunrise, you get to see the other thing, that make Torre di Bellosguardo so special. The view. You look down on Florence, seeing the Duomo, and the tower of The Palazzo Vecchio, while the clouds are still hanging low above the city.
We thoroughly enjoyed our visit, and will recommend it to anyone, who is looking for a historical, interesting and beautiful place to stay while in Florence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 13th.century historical tower with extraordinary view of Florence, a stone's throw from the city, yet a country haven of peace and silence. Each room, very large, has its own character with antique furniture. Modern bathrooms and facilities. Vast garden with outdoor swimming pool. Extremely friendly staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Torre di Bellosguardo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torre Di Bellosguardo Hotel Florence
- Torre Di Bellosguardo Florence