Cannot recommend this hotel/renaissance villa enough.It was the occasion of my wife's 40th birthday and we traveled out with our 7 year old twins. (We last stayed here in 1998 for our honeymoon). Communications were excellent with the hotel. They arranged for flowers (picked from their own grounds) to be put in the room for our arrival. We stayed in room 14 (adjoining rooms with a very large sofa bed for the children) - stunning views over Florence (one of the best views in the world), very clean and with some great bathroom products. I can concur with other reviewers who say they felt like royalty when staying here. In particular Valeria and Luca were most welcoming - especially to our 2 children. The gardens are very special and secluded. The pool has a stunning panorama view over the city below.
The highlight of our stay has to be the cooking lessons (all arranged by email before our stay) we took with Ana - who took us into her exceptionally beautiful kitchen and home in the hotel grounds for the afternoon. The children loved participating with us in cutting up and preparing the Italian homemade pasta, pizza, tomato bruschetta, wood pigeons, ragu sauce and scrumptious apple pie. Ana was so calm, accommodating and knowledgeable and we learnt a great deal that we will look forward to cooking the recipes back at home . Afterwards we all sat down with Ana (with a glass or two of prosecco) - and the children thought it "was the best meal they ever ate".
As other reviewers have stated the hotel is situated in the hills about 10-15 minutes walk from the center of town. However the walk is special in itself going past little lanes and walls with geckos darting about in the sun. When we were on our honeymoon back in May 1998 we recalled seeing fireflies as well. It comes as a nice welcome contrast from the hustle and bustle of the city of Florence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 13th.century historical tower with extraordinary view of Florence, a stone's throw from the city, yet a country haven of peace and silence. Each room, very large, has its own character with antique furniture. Modern bathrooms and facilities. Vast garden with outdoor swimming pool. Extremely friendly staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and HRS so you can book your Torre Di Bellosguardo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torre Di Bellosguardo Hotel Florence
- Torre Di Bellosguardo Florence