“Best restaurant for our Italy Trip so far”

La Buchetta Food & Wine restaurant
Ranked #20 of 2,872 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Santa Croce
Description: Visit the first Brunelleschi Palazzo, in the hearth of Florence, and experience a Gourmet's lounge with a flavour of contemporary art. Open from 12.00 To 15.00 and from 19.00 to 23.00 , lunch and dinner. You can teste our traditional and creative cousine. is better to reserve a table thank you soo much.
Reviewed 18 August 2014

After recommendations from Tripadvisor we decided to give it a try and God was it worth it. The mixed appetizer offered the best Burrata cheeze we have ever eaten, mind blowing ham and sausages and fantastic old dry cheeze with honey, pure heaven. Wine was delicious. Our kids got the handmade spaghetti bolognese and the gnocci, both dish were great. We then order a 2KG T bone steak for 90 Euros, its was tender, and delicious. This was a great experience, worth of every penny, plus we got 10% off the bill coming from tripadvisor.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,374)

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We went here after a disappointing time in another restaurant, feeling a bit forlorn. Needless to say this place brightened our spirits as the food here was just sinfully good. We had the "digustation" of mozzarella where the cheese was presented to us in 4 ways. It melted on my tongue. I also had the antipasti Buchetta to share and this was incredible. The older pecorino with honey made me close my eyes to take it all on. I finished off with ravioli with spinach and ricotta- these were a little spicey and so gentle on the tongue. The cheese was delicate and the pasta just right. The aubergine sauce with capers added zing. Shame I didn't have room for dessert. You must come here to eat- it is absolutely fantastic.

I will come back with my fiancée because you can't just go to this place once- it will bewitch you.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I studied abroad in Florence this summer and the first week me and my friends went to La Buchetta and went again every single week for the next 8 weeks. They have homemade fresh pasta and it is a great place for family's and friends to gather around and have a great meal. If you are visiting Florence this restaurant is a must! One of the guys Angelo who works there is always so funny and kind to all of his customers and will truly make you feel like you are truly at home in an Italian style kitchen! I LOVE LA BUCHETTA!!!!

3  Thank Monica V
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Yesterday evening following Trip Advisor recommendations we had a dinner at La Buchetta. We started with pasta; my wife had gnocchi with gorgonzola & rucola and I selected carbonara in mushroom sauce. For the main we both selected scalloping con porcini. Everything was perfectly done, but my carbonara was the best I ever had, and living in Melbourne I had many in Carlton and was able to compare. Maurizio is a very friendly host and an excellent chef. Today we are heading there again for lunch, and looking forward to taste again Maurizio's culinary masterpieces.
Jack & Krystyna

1  Thank Jack C
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I lived in Florence for 2 years and go back every summer and I can finally say that I found the best of the best. The combination of great food, fantastic ambiance and amazing service made for a couple unforgettable nights. I went with a group of friends and we returned 2 more times during our stay.

The first night, we ordered the Antipasto della Buchetta, which brought a variety of local specialties....very well presented! Then we ordered the Bistecca which was prepared to perfection. (i've had many bistecca's in Florence, I can say this was simply the best). Next, I ordered the Raviolis, they were my favorite meal. I had never seen them prepared in that way...Beautiful presentation! One of my friends ordered the Gnocchi's and they were very tasty as well. Two options for dessert that were delicious (Panna Cotta & Chocolate cake)...loved both!

We were recommended different wines by our waitor that paired perfectly with our food. After the meal, we were offered 3 different digestive liquors and were asked to have as much as we liked.

The service was unbelieveable. Our waiter (Angelo) is especially talented with languages.... The menu was only in Italian and he managed to explain it in 3 or 4 different languages to some of the clients when needed.

The staff and owner were very welcoming...So much so that we couldn't resist coming back to visit our "new friends". I would 150% reccommend this place to anyone planning to go to Florence.

Maurizio, Susi e Angelo grazie per TUTTO!

2  Thank AndiO22