“Great location & service”
Review of Hotel Romagna

Hotel Romagna
Ranked #221 of 421 Hotels in Florence
New York City, New York
“Great location & service”
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Hotel Romagna is very easy to get to from the central train station and is also extremely close to the Duomo. It was a short walk to everywhere I wanted to go. The room was clean and the staff was very helpful. They gave me recommendations on places to visit in Florence and also helped me with any questions I had. I recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 31 December 2012 via mobile

My partner, father and I stayed in Hotel Romagna for 2 nights in December 2012. We booked a double and a single room. As others have mentioned, there is no elevator in this hotel, so the hike up the 90 stairs to the 5th floor might be difficult for some travellers. My trip was made a little easier, as the staff carried my luggage upstairs for me! From memory, it was about 18 steps to the first floor (where they also serve breakfast). The hike up the stairs to the fifth floor was worth it, as the double bedroom was at the back of the hotel and had a beautiful view of a domed church. It was also a very spacious room and bathroom. Our bed was good, with the room a comfortable temperature thoughout our stay with one radiator in the bedroom, and one in the bathroom. Our shower was our only real complaint, as we had very little water pressure (though at least it was hot). Also, the hotel must have updated their wi-fi system, as we had perfect wifi capability in our room (58). My father stayed on the first floor (12), beside the breakfast area. It got noisy around 9am and did have some street noise, but nothing too bad. He also had a newer heating system (not a radiator but more like an airconditioner) and TV. The breakfast was good, considering it was included in the price (which was also fantastic - so cheap given what we felt we got out of the hotel as a whole!) I would recommend this hotel and would like to thank the friendly staff for our stay.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Hotel Romagna is perfectly located, staff very helpful, good and various breakfast. There is no elevator but staff will carry up bags, without ask and smiling, this is being really professional !! highly recommended !!

Room Tip: ask for rooms on higher floor, tehre is no elevator but the quality of the sleep is better
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Tehran
Reviewed 11 November 2012

The location of this hotel is some 150 meters from central station ,I was traveling with some friends ,distances from local attractions were perfect for a walker like me ,staff were very helpful ,hotel has not any elevator or lift then you have to carry everything ,ask for lower floors if you have heavy luggage , stairs are narrow ,rooms are small but clean and functional ,for the price I paid it was OK ,breakfast was same I mean good for the price and what can I say more, I will come back here again .

Room Tip: do not choose higher floors and if you are elderly it cannot be for you .
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank GaijinTehran
Staten Island, New York, United States
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Just returned from our 5 nights stay in Florence hotel Romagna
Location, location, location could not be better, you could walk everywhere 2 min to Santa Maria Novella train station. Special thanks to staff, especially Desare, he is so nice helpful and really fantastic I would highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: rooms should be facing Panzani street
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yelena O
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 October 2012

The hotel was within walking distance to the train station and tourist attractions. We had a pleasant stay due to the very courteous and helpful reception staff. I cannot thank them enough. I forgot to get their names but we were there from 30/9/12 to 3/10/12. The room was basic, but most importantly, it was clean and comfortable. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tania_K218
Berlin
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I stay at this hotel at the end of september & it was really so nice. My room it was not one of the best but it was clean and quite. The staff was/are so gentile & gave at me all the information possible how to move throught the city. I recommend everyone to stay at this hotel...

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo