Lowest prices for your stay
US$72
US$67
Hotels.com
US$72
PricelineUS$75
Orbitz.comUS$72
TravelocityUS$72
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 October 2016

Hotel Romagna was run by several but Armando and Elton were the absolute standouts. They gave us the best advice where to eat and shop. They were spot on for all our needs. Myself and my 11 year old son had a feast everyday on recommendations made by these boys and the shopping was just delightful. Location was absolutely perfect but the only fault I can truly say is that maybe in the past we have always been spoilt with a bar fridge. A fridge is always handy for your cold waters and fruits in summer. Hopefully one day we will go back!!!! Thanks again Elton and Armando you made a first time in Firenze a memorable one!!!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with statravel.com
1  Thank nicole_mercuri
Reviewed 6 October 2016

Although close to the train station and the major attractions in Florence, this hotel left us less than happy. Our room was at the top of 4 flights of very narrow stairs -- no elevator -- and the room itself was very small. None of this caused our unhappiness, however. The major problem is that the hotel faces out onto a very, very busy commercial street. The large window that faces out onto the street is double paned (smart), but has only the sheerest of drapes across it. At night, the neon sign across the street changes, blinks, rotates through ads, and every change on the sign was reflected in our room. It was as bright as day -- I could have read from the light. When I complained at the desk the next morning, I was asked if I hadn't brought eye covering. Well, no, I hadn't. I HAD slept (eventually) with a towel over my head. If you can live with that, then this might be the hotel for you. The breakfast was decent and the location is excellent.

Room tip: Request a room on the back of the hotel. The room prices vary by location, so these are probably more expensive rooms.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank T7126CRlisam
Reviewed 25 September 2016

This is a budget hotel located in a fantastic area in Florence, very close to some of the main attractions most of us will visit - the dome and train station are just a few minutes away on foot! For what one is paying, this is actually a very good deal, and the old movie posters spread throughout all corridors and rooms give a very charming feel.

Although the stairways are narrow and vertigo-inducing, the staff if extremely friendly and willing to help carry luggage upstairs - those staying on the first floor are certainly better off than those at the fourth floor! There is no elevator, so those with mobility issues should certainly check availability on lower floors, if considering a stay there.

The bathroom in the triple room was very narrow, but everything in there worked well. After a night, once one of our friends left, we changed to a double room, with a larger bathroom. Bed is comfortable and A/C worked well - on the first night on the triple room, we had issues, but staff came and helped sort it out.

Breakfast is included - while not too fresh, one is certainly able to find something!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Dindiosk
Reviewed 17 September 2016

I am a budget traveller. I don't care if there is a flat screen TV or if there is no room service. Truly. But when a hotel says something is part of the room I expect it to be functioning.

The hotel is in a charming old building with fantastic old movie posters on the walls. The gentleman at reception was really friendly and helpful, and I was feeling quite positive. Even the narrow staircase with all my family's luggage didn't worry me.

BUT. The A/C although producing a cool puff of air just adjacent the outlet was not cooling the room. We called reception who said that there was a problem because the heat had meant that all the units on the same floor were using the same compressor, and that it would sort itself out after a short while. We had already been in the room half an hour and it had not sorted itself out. I asked if a fan was available as the room was small and there was no circulation of air: it felt really stifling. Because I was charmed by the rest of the hotel we decided to give it the benefit of the doubt and dragged two tired kids out to see some sights. At this time the thermostat said the temperature in the room was 26*C: we had the a/c set to 21.

Returning two HOURS later the room had cooled to a sultry 25*C and there was still no more than a tiny puff of air at the outlet. We decided that we couldn't stay: I have a medical condition that does not tolerate heat and especially humidity well (this is why my search criteria always includes AC).

Upon checking out the guys at reception started arguing with us! The air con is working, (no, one degree less in a closed room with no occupants at full power is NOT 'working'), it's not too bad, give it some time (two hours is not enough?) and the most infuriating comment :"But 25* is a nice temperature to sleep!". Err- NO. Just NO. Maybe 25 would be ok in the open air with a fan circulating some breeze but not in a tiny hotel room with four people (opening the window was not an option as the street noise was very loud). I didn't expect a total refund but I did expect maybe some sympathy, perhaps a solution- but to argue the point-! That was just plain rude.

As I said, I don't mind budget accommodation. But I do expect it to be comfortable. And I *really* don't expect to have the point argued with me.

I liked the hotel, I really did. But I can't give it a positive score.

Room tip: Check your air con is working before lugging your crap up four flights of stairs! We were booked into 44.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

First the location is perfect, especially coming from the train station it is literally a 5 min walk following one road. The hotel is also very close to the centre of Florence without being too close to be busy and noisy of a night.

The rooms are of a good quality and comfort and the staff where great with any questions and happily provided us with extra pillows.

The breakfast was nice and had plenty to choose from.

If going to Florence on a budget this is a perfect hotel.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple