Starhotels Michelangelo
  • Restaurant
US$317
US$242
  • Breakfast included
NH Firenze Anglo American(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$182
Travelocity
US$970
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Golden Tower Hotel & Spa(Florence)
US$638
Hotel Davanzati(Florence)
US$357
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstram stationbusiness hotelmodern hotelminute walkfree wifistayed two nightsstar hotelother hotelsfour starfront desk stafftourist attractionsspacious roomarno rivermini barmain attractionslobbysuitcases
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This is my first TripAdvisor review, and I just had to write one for this hotel. My two friends and I stayed here for 2 nights and had the most amazing experience. The room was impeccable and comfortably fitted the 3 of us (3 single beds). The bathroom was nice and modern, and we got free internet in our rooms simply by checking in on Foursquare. The free breakfast was very nice (eggs, oatmeal, delicious nutella croissants, etc.), but what topped it all off was when I called to get a wake up call at 4am for my flight, the front desk took the initiative to ask if I wanted a to-go breakfast. I didn't even know that was possible, and I just really appreciate it when staff really think about your needs - Sure enough I got a to-go bag of fruit, yogurt, and crackers that helped make my early flight back home to the US less painful.

The location is a 15-20 minute stroll away from the heart of Florence, but we actually really enjoyed the walk along the river into the city center every day. HIGHLY recommend!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2013

The hotel is very good, well designed and with a good breakfast. The room was what we need with a great bathroom. Te location is also nice, not in the center (but public transportation works well in Firenze) but close to everywhere.
We really appreciate staying 3 nights there and enjoyinig the many attractions of Firenze.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2013

They say they offer free internet but it is only in the lobby.
They say they offer cribs, but only in certain rooms. My daughter had to sleep between us on the double bed, they could provide us a crib on the second day.
They say there is no need to reserve a parking place but the hotel has only 10 parking lots, so we couldn't get one. They work with an external garage where they can keep the cars with the same rate (23 euro per night) but they charged us extra to bring cars back and forth.

Room Tip: contact them in advance if you need parking lot, crib or anything else.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank zama z
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Slightly on the edge of the central action - and thank goodness for that - Florence in July/August really is wall-to-wall tourists (armies of large tour groups being your biggest inconvenience) so after a full day of exploring the unmissable historical centre and all its attractions whilst enduring the queues all in very hot conditions, your reward comes even as you make your way back to the hotel with quieter, wider streets.
The hotel was modern and our room (a quadruple) was very well laid out. The air conditioning was so effiecent and the beds so clean and comfortable. Robes and slippers and a spotless bathroom just added to the luxurious, efficient feel.
We loved breakfast. Bacon and eggs being the hot staple but there's an enormous range of meats, cheese, cake, fruit, yoghurt and fruits. Good coffee.
We stayed two nights and ate very well each morning. Plenty of agreeable choice for our two young teens to help themselves to as well. They also enjoyed hanging out in the arty lobby area browsing the design books and using the free wi-fi.
Walking into Florence using the path edging The Arno was an absolute delight.
I'd reccommend to others and also stay here again. Staff helped me when I realised I'd forgotten to print out a ticket confirmation and I also heard them helping numerous others with things like dinner reservations, taxi services etc.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank IrisArch
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The hotel is around 20 mins by foot away from Firenze SMN train station. It is quite far from major tourist attractions. The hotel is around 400 metres away from the river. The room interior is in modern style. Room size is adequate. In-room Lighting is very good. Careful about the free wi fi claim upon your reservation . It means you can connect to the internet only in hotel public area such as lounge where you are supposed to pay for at least a drink for seating. Else u can stand at the lobby. The max free wifi you can get ,though is only 30 mins with very limited download MB. If you want more minutes you are required to pay extra. Poor breakfast on choices and non welcoming restaurant staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple