“A good experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Munich, Bayern, Germany
“A good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

Hello everyone,

I first booked a hotel in city centre, and then chose this one as it was slightly cheaper than the former one. I stayed here for 5 nights, and did not experience any bad thing. I totally accept the 4* rating for this hotel is over-rated; it can be rated as 3* for Europe. Very friendly front-office people (all the three people, Enrico specially).

The lobby is clean and the room I was offered was in first floor (112) was extremely clean too. The air-condition in the room was perfectly working and there was no problem to beat the Tuscan heat. Very close proximity to airport and a bus-stop to go to city centre just a couple blocks away are added bonus.

Breakfast was ok. Fresh fruits could have been included instead of canned fruits. All the 5 days I had my breakfast had the same menu; no cycling of menus for the breakfast. I could not ask for more when the breakfast price was included in the cost of the hotel room.

Wifi was pretty good for me in lobby and in my room as well, probably because of the room being in first floor. I never had interruptions and even saw a few videos in youtube without any buffering problem.

The water in the shower had less pressure, but as far as I know, this is a known problem throughout Florence.

The room was not well sound-proofed. Well, I don't expect a studio quality noiseless room, but when someone drops on the floor above me, or neighbours using the toilets, the sound is loudly audible. On my first day, I left my bathroom door partially open, and half way thru sleep I woke up from sleep thinking a ghost was using my flush, later to know that it was coming from neighbours, this was resolved when the bathroom door was closed.

They sell one way tickets (€1.20) at the reception and will take back the excess if you have any and return you the money, which is a nice sign. They even offered a printout of my flight boarding ticket at no extra cost.

I would have been much happier if they had an electric water kettle in the room, but its ok. Definitely will return here in my next trip to Florence and will recommend to my friends too.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DrVinay P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

Stayed here for one night whilst travelling around Italy. Good location, only 10minutes drive from Florence centre and private parking available. Breakfast was okay. Staff were polite and spoke good English. The only problem I found with this hotel is it had no character and was very impersonal. It is easily forgotten, nothing stands out about it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Hoeje-Taastrup Municipality, Denmark
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

This so called 4 star hotel is not worth more than 2 stars. The receptionist was kind enough, but the room was filthy. Dirt on the walls,curtains, floor and strange spots on the bedcover. Drain in the sink didn't Work and they send a guy to fix the toilet instead???? And I am sure that people will eat better in a russian prison - the breakfast was horrible! I can not in good conscience recommed this place to anyone - use a few euro more and find a better hotel to stay in.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Martin K

Travellers are raving about these Florence hotels

Malmo, Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

It is located 10 minutes from center with bus. Room was dirty and there was ANTs in the bath room on the sixt floor. Terrible. The Windows were dirty. The breakfast was a big joke. You could only eat dinner if you were at least 10 persons. The service was very bad. They wrote that they had High speed wifi. Think about the old modems by telephone and that was faster. I Waited 10 minutes for every article i read.

• Stayed July 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

Dear Friends,
as a standard practice I normally do not write reviews UNLESS what I encountered was exceptional or very dismal. Unfortunately, this hotel is in the latter. Along with my family I drove from Germany and picked this hotel in Florence in advance as a stopping point on our way to Rome. MISTAKE.
We arrived about 7 PM, exhausted and ready to eat and then sleep. The parking areas are un-kept, over crowded, and very tight quarters. It seems that along side the lower level - apartments are being leased out to the locals...??? The lobby is very dated and smells. This is interesting as an interior decorating company has leased or purchased the left side entrance of the hotel and looks GREAT. Man they could use a lot of that! Now, proceeding to the room. Very musky smelling, although roomy for a European hotel. Dated furniture, small TV, and windows that couldn't be opened and were very dirty. The bathroom - yes the bathroom, other than mold around every protruding fixture it was OK. The wife and boy wanted to scram on the spot, but the option was to sleep in the car. I wish I would have done that as the wife would not even allow ME to shower in this hotel. After eating some pizza at the Pizza Man down the street went to sleep, sort of. Other reviewers were right, there is a much nicer hotel just down the street, same side.

Woke up the next day, and got out of there as quickly as possible. Didn't even stay for the breakfast that we paid for in advance. 2 weeks after this stay my family is still talking about this hotel. I have NO IDEA how the hotel has a four star rating in amenities or otherwise - it makes no sense. Likewise I cannot understand how ANYONE can give this hotel a favorable rating.

Good luck if you ignore this review!!!!

Room Tip: Nicer hotel just down the street.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Schwabeguy
Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

We stayed there for just one night and we had to say that this Hotel was perfect for what you already knew what you can expect.
Of course it's no luxury design-hotel or something like that, but it's tidy, the stuff is friendly, it's close to the center, the rooms are kind of large, at the breakfast buffe you will get filled up and everything is fine.
So all in all the price for this accommodation is PERFECT!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Cape Town Central, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

We were 3 couples that travelled around Italy and stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. We found it very reasonably priced as we used www.hotwire.com - so it was discounted. Our rooms were nice and comfortable. Breakfast was nothing out of the ordinary, but we did not expect it! Yes, the bus stops are conveniently close but be warned as we ended up walking home from SMN one evening as we missed the last bus. We however felt safe walking all the way back. Our rooms were tidy and we were on the 6th floor and our room had a HUGE balcony. We bought some lovely food at the supermarket next door to the hotel and ended up having a "private party" on our balcony. Overall it was a pleasant stay. We enjoyed Florence and did not spend much time in the hotel after all.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LollyWag
HOTELNORDFLORENCE, Direttore at Nord Florence Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Dear guest,
thank you for your kind comment. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as we try to improve our service every day.

Kind regards,