“Great Hotel”

Pierre Hotel Florence
Ranked #106 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Pierre four nights, The room was beautiful! We had a corner room with high ceilings and beautiful furnishings. The breakfast buffet was excellent. Very close to shopping and restaurants. If I ever go back to Florence I will definitely stay at Hotel Pierre!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Cathy W

Reviewed 24 July 2014

There have been many favorable reviews written about this hotel. With good reason! It is right in the heart of the city-a close walk to everything! Seriously, I was surprised how easy it was to navigate to any museum etc. It is a small, beautifully appointed hotel. I had a single room in the quiet section. (I do understand that the bigger rooms can be noisy-windows opening onto the street). Yes, the room was very small, but quite adequate for 1 person. A/C worked fine. Wi Fi worked fine. Did not use the mini-bar, but it was fully stocked. Soap, shampoo were a nice, delicate scent. (Americans! Bring your own washcloth!) The window looked across to another window-so kept the drapes closed. No problem, I didn't need a view and the price for this room was more than fair. Good breakfast buffet before you head out. Have the hot Chocolate (self serve machine)-it's delicious. The management and staff were so nice and completely helpful. I hope to return to Florence and will definitely stay at Hotel Pierre!

Room Tip: Check the other reviews. I had a single and it was fine for one person.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank onthegoNagoya
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Pierre four nights in italy and it was excellent. The room was beautifully decorated and had a nice view. It was very convenient to walk to the Duomo and the train station. Restaurants and shopping were very close. The staff was excellent and arranged a tour of Chianti that was also very very good. They also would exchange money there at a very good rate compared to the street money exchange places. The breakfast was served in a white table cloth dining room and was also very good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Penny M
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I am a travel agent in Southern California and I have been selling the Pierre in the beautiful city of Florence for several years now - and have had nothing but great reviews from my clients. I finally had the opportunity to stay here myself for four nights and now I know why! I stayed in a "Deluxe" Room with a view of the Duomo! Very spacious room, with a lovely old world charm. Bathroom very modern and up to date. Breakfast room & food was a great start to the day. Staff & Service impeccable! All in all - an amazing experience with a true taste of the real Florence! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Room Tip: Room "512" Corner room with view of the Duomo!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Catie805
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We only stayed for one night, but I wish it was longer. Our room was on the 5th floor with views of the Duomo. Our room was extremely spacious with a comfy bed and well sized bathroom. The included breakfast was very good and a great start to the day. We found the hotel staff to be very helpful with all of our requests. The location is also a plus for discovering Florence.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We found Hotel Pierre and parked outside. The hotel is centrally located, a short distance from the Duomo square. We unloaded our gear and checked in. The van was then taken away to a parking station by one of the hotel staff. The shower and toilet arrangements here were not ideal. I had to use my “portaloo” over the toilet and the shower was difficult to access with a small flip down seat against the wall. We learned the breakfast room was inaccessible so the staff set up a table for us in the bar on the ground floor. There was one small step which we could manage. We then received the “royal” treatment from the waiter, plying us with so much food it was almost embarrassing. There was so much food that we had to refuse but we had a very satisfying breakfast. My husband had discussed with the concierge what we would do and he booked a walking tour for our first day. We were close to the cathedral and baptistry. We saw all the main attractions, the art galleries, Ponte Vecchio. We went for long walks and on the last day we got a taxi to the Piazzale Michelangelo to watch the sun set over Florence. Everywhere we went we were very well treated.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014

In Florence on business, this hotel was booked for me. The rooms were not as small as in many European hotels; they were clean and quiet. And, besides, what ever the reason is to be in Florence, time spent in a hotel room should be minimal! The location of the Pierre Hotel is excellent. The staff were all friendly and polite. The breakfast was quite average. It does have character if not great charm.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business