“We loved it”

Ranked #173 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Frankfurt, Germany
“We loved it”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed three nights in august as part of our honeymoon, the hotel staff made us very welcome, helped with booking tickets for sights and even gave us a bottle of wine to help us celebrate. The room was clean and very comfortable. Breakfast was of a good standard and the location, 500 yards from the station and the Duomo was really handy. The roof terrace also gave fantastic views. We would definitely go back.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We chose this hotel after a trip around Europe, and was meant to be a higher end, more luxurious hotel to finish our trip. First impressions were very good as the reception area was very inviting. Staff seemed fairly helpful.
However, when we got to our room, we started to feel a bit disappointed. For a four star hotel, they were lacking in lots of areas:
1) the rooms weren't very clean, the film of dust on the bedside tables were not wiped away during the entire time of our trip (4 nights - plenty of time), there were clumps of dust on the floor, and the bathroom had hair in the sink and shower when we first arrived. Begs the question, what are the cleaning staff doing? Just making the beds?
2) it was very hot during the night. When I asked at reception at midnight if I was working the controls in the bedroom they said that it is centrally controlled by reception and they would cool it down for me. This did not make a difference and when I said again in the morning, someone was going to fix it or change the room for us (although they were full that night), still nothing was done. We just put up with it for the rest of the trip. BTW, we couldn't leave the windows open for the midgeys. This wasn't followed up at any point during the rest of our stay.
3) the breakfast wasn't very good, poor quality, not very varied
4) fixtures in the room not very good - the towel rail kept falling off the wall etc.

Overall, this hotel is in a fantastic location, but what you are paying for are the views in the rooftop terrace (worth a visit) and the pool. The bar staff in particular were very friendly. Would I stay here again? I don't think so.

Room Tip: We asked for a room overlooking the pool - although this wasn't really the case, it was better t...
2 Thank MelanieUttley

Travellers are raving about these Florence hotels

Glasgow
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Smell,damp,crunchy carpet,fleas,did I say smell ! Banging doors,door to terrace rotting away,walls look like an old nicotine stained pub, and have I mentioned the smell !!!!! Would I stay here again No.
Friendly staff
I think they should refund me in full to compensate my wife and I for each bug bite we got while at this hotel.
If you still want to stay here its up to you.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Loved it! Staff are very helpful with any questions you may have, location is great, food is wonderful and overall everything is great. The hotel is a 5-10 minute walk from the train station with trains to Pisa and Florence.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Jason C
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed three nights here during our Florence vacation. The location was wonderful - right near the station and a few minute walk from the Duomo. The staff is very helpful and speaks English if you need it. They have a pool but we were too busy checking out art to use it. The restaurant is decent but we thought the breakfast exceeded our expectations. The hotel was a bit dated by US standards but was exceptionally clean. The bathrooms had all amenities we'd expect in the US including a hair dryer and enclosed shower.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side (courtyard side) are nice and quiet - no street noise. If you can swing it...
2 Thank Tiffany P
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Nice hotel but some need for refurbishing. A little wear and tear overall.
In the middle of all the attractions.
Balcony in room was super. Roof balcony very nice but disturbing noise from ventilation/high pitch note.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Cottonwood, Arizona
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I stayed 4 nights in mid-April, 2013, travelling solo. I felt comfortable and secure right away, & they have a luggage holding area by the front desk which was helpful upon arrival & again on departure. The staff were friendly, welcoming, & accomodating. I learned it's a former monastery from the 13th century, and my quiet, clean, comfortable room had that "feel" to it. The bed linens reminded me of cloths used on church altars! The view was of the pool area and red tile roofs including a church, and their bells ringing certain times every day was heaven for me! The negative was that my toilet was tempermental to flush, but otherwise, I say "Stay here". I liked having a nice restaurant on site, & food was quite good.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo