“City Centre Oasis”

Ranked #66 of 421 Hotels in Florence
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“City Centre Oasis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

After searching the internet we picked a gem of a place .We were quickly shown to our room by a very efficient hall porter , Alexander a charming Rumanian always wit a smile ,our room on the first floor overlooked the front street however not a problem it was quiet and we were not disturbed by street noise ,the room was perfect very clean and quite spacious . The facilities at this hotel were perfect ,an added bonus was the courtyards a great place to relax and enjoy a drink after a day sightseeing I would like to thank Francesca on the reception desk for being so helpful and always with a smile also thanks to Sani on the bar for his great attention and conversation . Thank you to the Hotel Rivoli for making our trip to the City of Florence one that I will not forget .
Would I stay here again ? yes yes yes , go on give it a try

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cire44
DirezioneRivoli, Responsabile reception at Rivoli Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
Dear Guest,
thanks for your nice comments on our Rivoli, I passed your compliments to Francesca, Alexander and Sani and I'm really proud that our efforts to make our guest's stay pleasant match your requests.
I hope to welcome you at the Rivoli and thanking you again I just say .... Arrivederci!!
Daniele Torrini
Ass. Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

I have just returned from a 4 day stay at the Rivoli Hotel in Florence. The situation was excellent only 5 minutes walk from the bus and railway station. The staff were superb and although very professional were really nice and friendly. The room was of a very high standard and even had it's own library in the bedroom. The breakfast room was lovely and the food offered was superb.This hotel is worthy of 4 stars or even more and would recommend it to anyone who wants a few days of luxury.The weather was very hot and it was great to have a lovely out door court yard where you could eat or just have a drink all day and evening. my personal thanks to Francesca,front of house for her humour and Sani from the Bar to mention a few. will certainly return sometime in the future

Room Tip: our room was facing the road but did not disturb us at all. There are many rooms over looking the co...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank giffnock1949
Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

This hotel is centrally located near Florence main train station. We were dragging our suitcases and we didn't walk more than 10 minutes to reach the hotel. The hotel reception was very friendly and efficient. We got into our room within 5 minutes.The room was clean, the bathroom was clean and the beds were made nicely. The fabric on the furnishing were dated and needed freshing up. The porter showed us the breakfast room and our room and explained that our room was very quiet as it was facing the quiet back lane. To our horror on our first night at around 3 to 4 am, groups of drunken young men and women were singing, shouting as they walked in the back lane. This event continued every night. (Later I found out that there is a night club nearby). If you are after quality sleep, ask for a room away from back lane. THE BREAKFAST! For a 4 star hotel (which the hotel claimed) the food quality is very poor. The bread, the crosscent, the fruits and even the package yogut were unacceptable. Italian made good coffee but this hotel did not even give us drinkable coffee. When I found the boiled egg on the breakfast table, I was so happy. At least it was a real egg. I hope my experience will help other travellers in choosing the hotel to their need. Location, quality sleep and food.

Room Tip: Choose the room away from back lane.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank SandySydneyAus
boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

When I checked in, the front desk man seemed preoccupied. He didn't explain anything to me, or provide me with any maps. When I came down later to ask a question, he remembered he had forgotten to give me anything and kind of just threw them at me.mour room was clean but the walls are so thing that we could hear every noise in th other rooms, and the courtyard. Breakfast was nice. Wasn't awful, but wasn't great.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Aj5001
DirezioneRivoli, Responsabile reception at Rivoli Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2012
Dear GUest,
first of all thanks for your comments.
I'm deeply sorry for the "rush" during your check-in and for the attitude of my collegue.
This comment has been discussed with all of them and the person on duty by that time has been asked to pay attention on his job. As you can see service is one of our best attitude, unfortunately I agree that you can not say this. I hope I will have the chance in the future to welcome you personally at the Rivoli and give you our best attention.
Best regards and Arrivederci!
Daniele Torrii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012 via mobile

Stayd in two other hotels one in Rome & other in Florence but this one (rivoli) stood out in service . It had a homly feel wad very comfortable and staff spoke excellent english wich is no to common anywhere in Italy. Even room service was full of smiles & cheer. Wouldn't recommend for the wonderful service alone wish I could take the with me to our awaiting Rome hotel .oh & Florence was amazing just go there!

barnsley, england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

We have just returned from a 3 night break in the fabulous city of Florence and stayed at Hotel Rivoli. The hotel is in a great location, only a few minutes walk from the station, and close to lots of major attractions and good restaurants. Knowing the location of the hotel in advance, we requested a quiet room overlooking the courtyard and we were not disappointed. The room was a little on the small side, as was the bathroom, but this did not spoil anything as we had everything we needed. Everywhere was spotlessly clean. We ate in the restaurant each day for breakfast which really was excellent. In addition to the continental fare on offer, staff will cook any additional hot items that you may require for a small additional charge. We did not eat in the restaurant in the evening as there were many pizzerias, trattorias etc close by. The staff at this hotel really make it what it is. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. We had a small safe in our room so left our valuables in there and did not have any issues with possessions going missing. I would definitely stay here again and would have no hesitation to recommend Rivoli to my friends and family.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Florence, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

The location is great, a short walk from the train station. The airport is a 24 Euro trip. We had a pleasant stay at this hotel until… we went out for supper between 8:00 – 9:30 PM one night. Someone with access entered our room and stole our iPad, iPod and some cash. We were the lucky ones. Two others rooms on the same floor where hit at the same time. One couple had their valuables (Passports, Money, Travel Documents) locked in the in room safe and someone with access opened the door to the room and unlocked the safe. We went to file a report to the police (The police will not come to the scene of the crime, you have to go o them). They refuse to help us stating that we must come back the next day and file a report. I guess they were to busy smoking their cigarettes and watching their movie to be bothered by us??? We went back to the hotel and by this time the owner had arrived. He carried us to another police station and with some persuasion; this police station completed an incident report. As of today I have not heard from the hotel’s insurance company or from the hotel after attempts to contact them. Moral of the story, don’t ever leave anything in a hotel room that you cannot afford to loose…

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank C L
DirezioneRivoli, Responsabile reception at Rivoli Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 20 July 2012
Dear Guest,
thak you for your comments on the hotel. Unfortunately it happend on the night of the 11th of july that someone got into the hotel and robbed in some of our guests rooms.
within 52 years the Hotel has always been safe and we never had these kind of problems.
Believe me if I say that we are shocked as you and the other guests are. Someone entered in "our house" and robbed our guests. Anyway, as you have seen, the Manager (and owner of the hotel) and I, tryed to assist all of you in all way possible for us.
Concernig the "insurance" refund, I personally asked the company to close this file as soon as tencnical times will allow them.
Again deeply sorry for what happend but this is was out of our "control". I hope we will have the chance of welcoming you again at the Rivoli and assuring you of our best attention, best regards.
Daniele Torrini