Hotel Machiavelli Palace
Hotels.com
US$367
US$283
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Florence Metropole(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$245
US$216
Hotels.com
1,304 results
All reviewstrain stationvia faenzawithin walking distancemain stationaround the cornerexcellent locationconvenient locationthird floorsan lorenzocroissantscentral marketminute walk to the duomoroof terracebreakfast was includednice breakfastthe air conditioningsmall hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I booked a room at the Hotel Machiavelli Palace well in advance of my trip. We found the hotel price listed on the expedia site with no special requirements but as we normally do we checked the hotels direct website to see what price they were offering. The hotel website had the same nightly rate as expedia but they had a better cancellation policy and since it was well in advance of our trip we thought the better cancellation policy may be a good idea just in case something needed to be changed. When I went to book the room at the price given right at the final page where you check out there was a note stating special UK flight pricing. I didn't understand why this message would be coming up now when there was no mention of this earlier in the order process. I decided to call the hotel and confirm the price before I finished the transaction. I called and spoke to the hotel manager and told him that I was about to make the purchase but I noticed the note about special UK flight pricing. I mentioned that I am from the US and I am not taking any UK flight and is this a requirement for this pricing? He stated no this is just a note they forgot to remove from the web page and that I would receive the price stated. I asked him to confirm again that I would get the price stated informing him that the same price was listed on Expedia with no UK flight requirement. Once again he confirmed I would receive the price stated. When I arrived at the hotel I presented the paper work from the transaction and there were no comments. When I went to check out after our 2 night stay the person at the desk told me I had to pay over 60 Euros more if I didn't have a UK flight ticket for the discount. When I mentioned the conversation with the manager she got very rude and aggitated with me and refused to even contact anyone to verify my story. I then produced a copy of the Expedia quote I had copied just in case this became an issue to proove that the room was available for the price I was quoted anyway without any UK flight requirement, She would not even look at the paper and proceeded to yell at me saying that I needed to pay then eventually just telling me and my wife to just leave. I had never once raised my voice during this event and just stood there amazed at this persons rude attitude toward a customer. Based on the fact that she made no attempt to verify my story with anyone and that she showed no interest ion even investigating my story or looking at the Expedia quoted rate my guess is this is an ongoing scam they run and she was well aware of it and just figured if she became loud and berating the stupid American would just pay up. Others in the lobby jsut looked at this woman and their expressions alone showed their opinoins of her actions and how she treated us. Hopefully this reveiw will help others avoid this place. Besides that, the room was extremely small, loud due to thin walls, and the decor very old and outdated.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
APM-GUESTSRELATION, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Machiavelli Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2012

We are pride ourselves on our property upkeep and attention to detail, but clearly we were not up to standards on your stay and for that I am truly sorry. I have shared your comments with my management team for review and will take your cue from your complaints to improve service. We hope to see you again so soon, and to regain a positive comment, as most of the customers has given us.

Reviewed 7 June 2011

This hotel is very clean, friendly people, great location. The only thing we didn't like was how incredibly hard the beds are! We didn't have a great nights sleep and it was hard to get comfortable on the hard beds and flat pillows. Other than that it had a great breakfast and we were very happy with the large rooms and bathrooms!

Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelGurl25
ATLPALAC, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Machiavelli Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Thanks on behalf of the entire staff for your kind review. These comments lead us every day to improve and work better in order to satisfy the wishes of our customers. We hope to see you soon and thanks again

Reviewed 6 June 2011

This hotel had received great reviews online, so I was feeling very comfortable about staying at this hotel. The hotel was very centrally located to everything in Florence and was right next to the train station. Those were the only things going for this hotel.

The service was absolutely awful. The staff treated us like we were bothering them most of the time, when they actually acknowledge us. The bed was the worst I have every slept on. My husband and I both woke up with awful back aches the two nights we were there.

1  Thank peril92
APM-GUESTSRELATION, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Machiavelli Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2012

Reviewed 6 June 2011

Our experience staying at this hotel was terrible. We were supposed to stay 3 nights and after the first night we changed hotels. The room was overlooking the street and so loud we could not sleep. The room itself looked like something in a slum. The furniture was broken, the walls were all marked up, plaster on the walls was chipped, the room was dirty, and bathroom had paint peeling off the walls, was unclean, and outdated. The staff moved us to another room which was marginally better. Ultimately we just switched hotels rather than stay another night.

The excuse we heard was that this was a building from the middle ages and only a 3 star hotel. This does not excuse the dirt, noise, and terrible condition of the rooms.

Definately avoid this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 June 2011

It was perfectly adequate for a 3 star hotel. Location is unbeatable and our room had an amzing view of duomo from the balcony. I wasn't expecting a gret deal more than a clean bathroom and a reasonable room, and that's what we got. I'd advise people to take their own hairdryer though, the hairdryer wasn't very good.

Florence in general is quite expensive, and the hotel is reasonably priced considering what is around. Restaurants are generally quite disappointing for the money. Museums also cost quite a bit and expect to see more Americans than Italians in the town centre. The food market near the hotel sells some nice things to eat and I think self-catering might be the way to go for more than 2 people.

1  Thank Soo1