We requested a 4 star hotel in the centre of Florence and this is where the travel agent sent us. The travel agent (USA American Express) let us down. Rated 3 stars at the door, but really a 2 star at best. We were received by a very rude lady at reception who got very annoyed when we asked if we had a view, and when we requested the times for the trains to Lucca ("I am busy, go to the internet and find it yourself). The room was horrible (pictures available). I had a single bed in which I (6 ft) did not fit and the mattress was very uncomfortable. Although we paid in advance for two rooms and two nights, and had no refund, we left the hotel soon after checking in, as it would have ruined our stay in Florence. Reception had even the courage to ask for a 6 Euro tax when we paid 1000 dollars to walk in and out. The price was very steep for such a precarious type of accommodation and terrible service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Florence and built on a Templar church, just a few hundred metres from Santa Maria Novella train station and the Fortezza da Basso, the Hotel Machiavelli Palace is the ideal location from which to explore the city's secrets and reach all the major museums and monuments on foot in only a few minutes.Multilingual staff 24h.Rich buffet breakfast.Air conditioned.Exchang service.Wi-fi service and internet point. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Machiavelli Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Machiavelli Palace Florence
- Machiavelli Palace Hotel Florence