I stayed in this hotel last year for few nights. At first we were a bit confused in finding the place since it's tucked in between small streets in Florence. It didn't look that big from the facade but the room was quite big actually.
The staffs were very hospitable and helpful, breakfast was also good. It wasn't something fancy but I was really happy with everything.
I guess the hotel was quite old but well maintained, big bed and roomy bathroom area. the room was surprisingly quite, considering the location is in the city center.
The train station is very close to the hotel, and there are many good restaurants around the hotel.
I would recommend this place since it's within walking distance to major tourist attractions, like the Cathedral, Santa Maria Novella (just across the street) and of course the famous leather shops. oh you have to visit San Lorenzo market, unfortunately during summer many shops would close, but worth the visit. and the beauty of it, you can walk from the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Florence and built on a Templar church, just a few hundred metres from Santa Maria Novella train station and the Fortezza da Basso, the Hotel Machiavelli Palace is the ideal location from which to explore the city's secrets and reach all the major museums and monuments on foot in only a few minutes.Multilingual staff 24h.Rich buffet breakfast.Air conditioned.Exchang service.Wi-fi service and internet point. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Machiavelli Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Machiavelli Palace Florence
- Machiavelli Palace Hotel Florence