Hotel Brunelleschi
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Lungarno(Florence)
US$396
US$321
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
NH Firenze Anglo American(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$171
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Golden Tower Hotel & Spa(Florence)
US$638
Orbitz.com
Hotel Davanzati(Florence)
US$357
3,015 results
All reviewssanta elisabettabeautiful hoteltower suiteperfect locationbottle of proseccoour honeymoonturn down servicean upgradehotel restauranthistoric buildingthe heart of the citytravel agentbreakfast was excellenthighly recommend this hotelaround the cornerthree nightsbeautiful room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I had some reservations about staying at the Hotel Brunelleschi due to the bad reviews while the renovations were going on but the location was so good I decided to book a stay. My three days there were just perfect and a great way to end my vacation. Except for the quirky route to get to one's room( elevator to the 1st floor and then another elevator to the third floor), the hotel was beautiful, my room and bed so comfortable, and though my room face a main street, there was no noise. Breakfast there was a great way to start the day and had lots of fresh fruit and great service. The location was in walking distance to all major sights especially the Duomo. Overall, the Hotel is a great place to stay in the center of the city!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank trailrider45
Reviewed 7 June 2011

Truly an unforgettable experience! Beautiful hotel with lovely staff and rooms very nice. Bed was SO comfortable! Great location in middle of main city area, walking distance to everything. Highly recommend!!

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 7 June 2011

Excellent stay with the food provided in the restraunt bordering on Michelin Star. The staff were brilliant, particularly "enjoy your moment" Alesandro.

One complaint is that our room was on the small side and the windows did not open due to scaffolding outside,

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2011

I booked a room in this hotel 3 months in advance. Yet, upon getting there after a train trip from Rome, was given a nonsense story about something "terrible" and "unexpected" that happened last night because of "renovations" and that our room was unavailable. Really??? How were all other rooms available for larger groups checking in at the same time? Because it's obviously much easier to get rid of a couple than relocate a group after overbooking the place.I think it's the worst that can happen in hospitality business. I mean, be serious and admit it, no need for a "story". They offered to take us to Hotel Berchielli for 1 night. I actually knew about that hotel that is much, much nicer and a bit more expensive. We liked it there so much that did not want to go back to Hotel Brunelleschi and even decided to pay a little extra for the next few nights there. The view of Arno and Ponte Vecchio, quiet location, super service, outstanding breakfast, oversized room, first class bedding, soundproofed windows and walls, pinpoint climate control and brand new bathrooms with double sinks made that decision very easy.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank zenith
GMHotelBrunelleschi, Direttore generale at Hotel Brunelleschi, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2011

Dear Sirs,
I had the chance to learn about Your comment regarding the status of overbooking we have suffered. I am also happy that You are very smart to understand that overbooking should not happen in the hospitality but, when it does believe it or not due to technical problems for our large refurbishment, we have provided, as you have mentioned,….” a hotel much nicer and a bit more expensive and that you liked there so much that did not want to go back to Hotel Brunelleschi and even decided to pay a little extra for the next few nights there. …….” Hospitality is not only a business, as you mentioned in Your comment, is a commitment and we are glad to have many Clients who spent their holidays here that are very happy with our services.
For the above mentioned I thank You very much for Your comment on tripadvisor.com and kindly invite You to contact me for further details regarding the technical problem which caused the unexpected overbooking and I will be glad to assist You in person.
Best regards,

Claudio Catani

Reviewed 3 June 2011

This newly renovated hotel is a gem, right in the city centre of Florence! We got lovely rooms with a view of via Calzaiuoli, and the rooms were with hardwood floors, tastefully decorated in a modern style. The General Manager came down to greet us personally upon arrival, and that was highly appreciated! The Santa Elisabetta restaurant (situated in the old tower) opened after the renovation on the day we arrived, and we had the chance to have dinner there one night. Marvellous experience! Food was lovely, and the service was first class! The guys working at the reasturant was also working at the American bar, aswell as during the breakfast service, so we got to know them well during our stay..all of them very friendly, and always up for a chat and a joke!
Both my friend and I have been to Florence a lot, and we know the city well, but this was our first time at the Hotel Brunelleschi. It will definitely not be the last visit, as this has now made the top of our list of favorite hotels in Florence. Thank you much to Mr. Catani and all his staff for making our stay so great!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends