Hotel Brunelleschi
Hotel Benivieni(Florence)
Hotel Medici(Florence)
Hotel Bigallo(Florence)
3,010 results
All reviewssanta elisabettabeautiful hoteltower suiteperfect locationbottle of proseccoour honeymoonturn down servicean upgradehotel restauranthistoric buildingthe heart of the citytravel agentbreakfast was excellenthighly recommend this hotelaround the cornerthree nightsbeautiful room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We stayed here for one night (not enough time!) in June. We had two rooms next to each other. We walked to the hotel from the train station which took about 15 minutes. Next time I would take a taxi because it is difficult to walk down the crowded sidewalks and cobblestone streets while trying to roll your suitcase along. It is also a bit tricky to find since it is on a tiny street.
The location, while a bit tricky to find the first time, is fantastic. It is a few minutes walk to the Duomo. With Florence being so compact and walkable I guess that most hotels are in a good location!
The hotel, being recently remodeled, was beautiful. Our two rooms were located on the first floor. The set up of the hotel is a little unusual. We took the elevator to the first floor, walked down the hallway, up a short flight of stairs, past the small restaurant, down a small flight of stairs to reach our room. It was fine for us (it always felt like an adventure getting to our room) but might not work for someone who cannot do stairs. I am sure they have plenty of rooms where no stairs are required so if that is an issue for you it is something to request when making your reservation. The rooms were extremely quiet which was nice.
The rooms were lovely. Decorated beautifully and were clean and extremely comfortable.
The breakfast (included) was very good and the front desk staff was great. We arrived in the late morning and our rooms were not ready (we did not expect them to be) so they stored our bags for us.
We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We were exhausted after some late snags at the airport. Upon arrival, they could tell we were tired and asked if we were celebrating anything special. We mentioned that it was our second honeymoon and the man told us he was going to upgrade our room. That was an understatement. It was the nicest SUITE in the hotel! Beautiful accommodations and located seconds from the Duomo. The breakfast was great and the bar was nice. The staff was always knowledgeable and helpful. They recommended great restaurants. The hotel is a great choice to make your Florence trip even more memorable... I highly recommend it!
** My only complaint: The wi-fi is not free and does not work in the rooms, you have to go to the bar or lobby to use wi-fi.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Last month, I stayed at the Hotel Brunelleschi for two nights as the tour manager of an American group. Our stay was absolutely superb! I want to especially thank hotel manager, Fabiola Menchetti for her warm welcome and for making sure all the needs of our group was met efficiently and with kind attention. Fabiola and the entire staff at the hotel was friendly and courteous and we could not have asked for better service. Rooms were exquisitely well-appointed - more of a 5-star level - with excellent beds and linens. The breakfast buffet was in a lovely room and had an abundance of delicious offerings. The hotel's location is the best in Florence - right in the heart of the historic city center within a block of the Duomo, with great shops and many great cafes and the best gelateria, GROM just steps away. Our group was delighted to learn we stayed in a building that boasts the oldest tower in all of Florence! With an older building like this, the rooms were on several different levels and guests have to take a couple of different elevators to reach some rooms, though it was not an inconvenience and our group enjoyed the hotel as part of our wonderful adventure in Italy that spanned two weeks. I also had to work during my stay and despite being in an older building, I was able to log onto the hotel's wi fi with no problem after receiving the code from the concierge. I received many, many compliments from my group members for choosing the Hotel Brunelleschi and I will definitely stay here again myself and make reservations for future groups. Thank you again, Hotel Brunelleschi for an amazing stay!

Reviewed 5 August 2011

I traveled to Florence with my mother (53) for a mother-daughter vacation this past july. I'm young and am generally ok staying just about anywhere, but my mother, let's just say she has high standards and is accustomed to 5 star Champs Elisee pads. The long and short of it--Hotel Brunelleshchi was wonderful. The hotel recently underwent renovations and they did a marvelous job. Everything is chic and the modern decor is stunning with the ancent structures. I get the feeling the hotel is striving to be the IT place in Florence. It's a boutique but maintains a fabulous and attentive staff (the Consiegre sent us to PERFECT restaurants) and absolutely stunning premises. We even emailed before we arrived asking for assistance in making muesaum reservations...and when we showed up the tickets were already paid for (charged to the room) and in our box! We just went to the museaums and walked right in, skipping the lines entirely!

Aside from the hotel itself, it couldn't be in a more perfect location. Less than 100yds from the Duamo, it's in the center of town, nestled away in a quiet piazza which is perfect for the post dinner glass of prosecco.

I couldn't recommend this hotel more, you will NOT be dissapointed. Even if their rates skyrocket in the future (which I predict!) I will ONLY be staying here when I visit Florence from now on.

1  Thank Suzanne_j11
Reviewed 4 August 2011

This is a great hotel. We were on girley holiday and our room was great more of a suite then just a room. The staff were very pleasant and helpful and the breakfast was lovely. We were in the centre off everything as the hotel was such a great location. The guy on reception was very helpful printing off time tables for the Pisa train our next stop. Full marks for the Brunelleschi Hotel.

Room Tip: we booked with Otels
1  Thank black1210