“Beautiful Contrast of Old & New”
Review of Hotel Brunelleschi

Hotel Brunelleschi
Ranked #23 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 27 April 2012

The old structure was beautifully updated with glass and sheer fabrics, contemporary lighting and gorgeous interior design overall. We loved our room and the breakfast spread was fantastic. The concierge/front desk was so helpful and friendly. We would stay there again when we return to Florence. We stayed three nights and loved the location, too.

Room Tip: The rooms on the shopping street are a little noisy if you are going in warm weather and want the wi...
1  Thank ChicagoEscapePlanner
Write a ReviewReviews (2,917)

Reviewed 27 April 2012

A truly stunning hotel in a great location just moments away from the main points of interest. Our room had a wonderful view of the Duomo and was spacious and extremely comfortable. The staff were helpful and friendly and the housekeeping staff were exceptionally good. If you want a memorable stay in Florence - this is it!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Recently I returned to explore Florence. Although I loved the Una Vittorio hotel, it was a bit far out this time because of a leg injury. So I decided to try a new hotel, the Hotel Brunelleschi.

While the hotel is attractive and clean, and extremely well located to access everything in Florence, the hotel has some key short comings.

While I was there, the maid was negligent several times. She failed to leave the second towel I requested, Then, she left no replacement for the empty shampoo container; and finally she left a tea cup dirty and did not replace the tea packets or sugar. After I spoke with housekeeping she reappeared with two towels of everything, including two bathrobes not previously left. She also left a wide variety of body creams and lotions. I wonder why I wasn't given this initially?

While these are small things, they are certainly not what anyone would expect of a four star hotel in Florence.

Additionally, when I asked the desk if they could show me some of the other rooms somewhat larger for a future stay, they referred me to the website and said it was not possible to show me any at that time.

Furthermore, I will say that the air conditioning in my room worked extremely well, despite the fact that is was 16 centigrade outside and the heat in the rest of the hotel functioned beautifully.

This was the first time I had used an online service to book a hotel there and it occurred to me that perhaps the reasons for these short comings was because I was staying at a reduced rate.

But, surely no well run hotel would be so short sighted?!

Room Tip: I suppopse the tips I would add if you are considering staying at this hotel would be not to book it...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank LovesTraveling_10
GMHotelBrunelleschi, Direttore at Hotel Brunelleschi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Dear Mrs Marita Marley-Villanueva

I have read the review yiou have emailed to TripAdvisor contents of which had my best attention.

I am glad to learn that you have appreciated the complete renovation of the Hotel and you find it clean and attractive and you may consider it as the destination for a future stay.

I regret that you didn’t get the possibility to see other rooms due to the fact that the Hotel was sold out; nevertheless I will meet with the Front Desk Manager to sensitize the Front Desk Staff to get the best attitude to the Guests expectation.
I apologize for the inconvenience caused by the maid’s negligence; I empathize with your frustration and I will start an internal audit to understand the reason of this inefficiency to prevent it in the future.

Your coments are useful to us to improve the quality of the Hotel standard; I hope that the Hotel Brunelleschi will become your florentine home for your next trips to Italy.

Claudio Catani - General Manager

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Hotel Brunneleschi is an amazing choice in the center of Firenze! The hotel is an important historic place, since its tower are among the most ancients buildings in the city. The rooms are big, stylish and beatifully decorated, the bathroom is AMAZING, as well as toilettes amenities. The staff is not really warm, but is professional and efficient. The breakfast is execptional. I would definetly stay there again!

Reviewed 18 April 2012

Other than a problem with the lift on the last day I can only praise this hotel. I got a very good deal through British Airways so it was excellent value for money. It could not have been more centrally located being just around the corner from the Duomo, easy walking distance from all the major sites and 10 minutes walk from the railway station.
Staff were unfailingly polite and always took the time to greet me. The room had all the facilities I needed and the fittings were extremely high quality. There was no bath and only a shower but this was not a problem for me personally. Water pressure was excellent and there was both an overhead and a hand held shower which was a nice touch.
Another nice touch was the turndown service in the evening including the TV (which had a music facility) being switched to play relaxing classical music. This was a very pleasant surprise after an evening out. The room I was in was probably one of the cheapest in the hotel but even so it was a reasonable size by italian standards. However the price meant that it faced onto the main shopping street so it was necessary to keep the window closed at night due to the noise. Florence was full of American teenagers during my visit and being teenagers they do like to party! There are quieter rooms but these are more expensive I believe.
The breakfast buffet (included in the price) was very high quality and there was a good range including some cooked items.
All in all I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Brunelleschi and would definitely stay there again if in Florence.

Room Tip: Rooms facing onto the Via dei Calzaioli are noisy at night.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank LambethNorth
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We planned a return trip to florence to celebrate a special birthday for my wife.
We choose the Hotel Brunelleschi in Florance for that occasion.
We were not disappointed, great hotel, excellent position and the freindly staff made it a prefect break.
We had dinner in the hotel on the first evening, excellent food but the ice cream was to die for.
They have won many awards for the ice cream and it did not disappoint.
Will return at the earliest opportunity

Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed for 4 nights over Easter, the hotel looks very nice and clean and some of the staff is very nice and helpful while some are not. The room and the bathroom was very small, and the lamp on the makeupmirror in the makeuproom turned itself on in the middle of the night! Very disturbing. And the cost of Wifi! 10€ for an hour and 18€ for 24 hours!!! Don't buy it, you can go down the street and get it for free in an internet cafe. How come an expensive hotel like this don't give you Wifi for free! Some of us has to work even when travelling and then Wifi is a must.

Room Tip: Ask for a bigger room and free Wifi.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business