Nice touches were
1. Welcome notice on tv
2. Friendly professional waiters and waitress - bravo!
3. Great food
4. Excellent location
1. Front reception staff both male and female came across as aloof and arrogant. Extremely poor communicationskills
Eg: we could not switch the air conditioner off in our room. I rang reception and he told me it would be off in twenty minutes. Thirty minutes later it was still freezing in ourroom. My wife rang reception and it was switched off immediately.
2. I enquired about wifi at the front desk. The arrogant male staff member grunted something about the password and walked away. When I asked for clarification - he explained it a little better but no smile or warmth etc.
3. I was sitting in the foyer and noticed another male staff member at front reception speak very rudely to a hotel guest about laundry.
I think these front reception desk staff and management need to understand that customers are their lifeline, the cumulative effects of poor frontline service does and will take its toll on the balance sheet.
Despite the strengths of this hotel, when I think of my time at this hotel, the poor front reception desk is the one memory that had the strongest impact.
I stayed at the exedra Rome, Verragio, Capri palace,melia whitehouse in London and currently in traders hotel in kuala lumpur malaysia and not once did I come across the aloofness of the staff like I did in Florence.
Please visit traders hotel at Kuala lumpur and there you will see and experience how hotel guests should be treated. Polished, polite, great communication skills and empathy. The customer is made to feel valued and not an interruption.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 4-star Hotel in Florence overlooking Brunelleschi's Cathedral is firmly established as one of the best and most famous hotels in downtown.The highly sought-after Uffizi Gallery, together with many other Museums and other primary attractions, are all within close distance. The 96 bedrooms and suites are equipped with all amenities and features of a charming property such as direct dial telephone, Internet Access, Satellite TV and in-room minibar. Wireless connectivity is available throughout, including our conference areas and the American Bar. The 4-star Brunelleschi Hotel originates from the recovered invaluable historic structures of the ancient tower named 'Pagliazza' and the medieval church of San Michele in Palchetto. For those who love going back to the past, our very own Private Museum, with exhibits unveiled during the reconstruction project, is a moment not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Agoda, Southall Travel, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Brunelleschi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brunelleschi Hotel Florence