Hotel Brunelleschi
Hotel Benivieni(Florence)
Hotel Medici(Florence)
Hotel Bigallo(Florence)
3,013 results
All reviewssanta elisabettabeautiful hoteltower suiteperfect locationbottle of proseccoour honeymoonturn down servicean upgradehotel restauranthistoric buildingthe heart of the citytravel agentbreakfast was excellenthighly recommend this hotelaround the cornerthree nightsbeautiful room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Loved this hotel. The staff was professional and courteous, the room was very nice and the location is unbeatable. Very cool and modern looking, while still preserving many of the authentic touches.

Other positives: housekeeping let us sleep, the shower was gigantic and a great view (though be careful if you get a view of the Duomo, the bells will wake you up).

My one complaint, however, is with their breakfast service. We were told that a standard continental breakfast was included during our stay, whether we ordered it to the room or went for breakfast in the dining room. On our final day, we took advantage of the former, ordering two continental breakfasts and a few additional items to the room. I assumed that the cost of the standard breakfast ($20/pp) would be waived and we'd pay for the remainder of the items not typically included (eggs, soda, etc). Alas, because we went above the normal order, we were told that we no longer got anything free (even the breakfast that was supposed to be free) and we'd have to pay the $20pp out of our own pocket. Such a weird rule/policy. Even the front desk lady had trouble explaining it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JustinBrandonLA
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We returned on Friday 10th May after spending five nights at the Brunelleschi Hotel, tucked away in a little courtyard just steps away from Duomo. Very comfortable and very modern. The meals were excellent although expensive. We were on a bed and breakfast basis and so eat out at different places. One of which was the restaurant at the end of the road outside the hotel which has pale blue neon signs called the Republica. Very friendly family run restaurant and always busy with locals so you know it is good. The first room we were shown to had three steps down into the bedroom and two down to the bathroom which I thought not very good for me and so they changed our room to one on the level but, unfortunately the second room faced a wall and there were shutters outside the window and so day and night we had to have the lights on and didn't know if it was sunny or raining. Two other minor points were there were no drawers in the room to put undies etc. and no shelf in the bathroomj for toiletries so had to put things on the floor. The hotel is a rabbit warren of corridors and our room was along a corridor which went uphill! Honestly! Because of the age of the building there are no lifts which go from top to bottom and you need to change at first floor. Wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone with the slightest disability. These were all little things though and we found everything else was excellent including the staff who were extremely helpful and polite, especially Alan who looked after us from day one and was always cheerful and full of fun. We highly recommend this fabulous hotel in a tower - it is on the tourist trail too. Couldm't have been more central - just what you need. Florence is very busy and there is an awful lot to see. We would particularly recommend the churches of Santa Maria Novella and Santa Croce and across the River Arno the area around Santa Spirito. The Cathedral (Duomo) is more impressive on the outside than the inside but it is free. Do book your tickets for the Uffizzi Gallery before you leave home. You will still have to queue to collect your tickets and then queue again to get in but if you don't book at home you will probably change your mind when you see the queues and it would be a shame to miss such wonderful paintings. The website for the Uffizzi also lists other sites for which you can prebook. Suggest to avoid queues you decide where you want to go and prebook them all. Over 65's go free apart from the booking fee. Spring is the best time to visit Florence - it would be unbearable in the height of summer.
Enjoy!

Room Tip: Best rooms overlook Piazza Elizabetta
Reviewed 12 May 2013

In the middle of Florence and walking distance to all the major places of interest, very busy on their bank holiday (liberation day). This is a really good hotel on 3 levels some of it very old and beautifully restored, clean and the fragrances around the hotel were brilliant. Our room was overlooking the main street so a lot of people noise during the day ( also a lot of noisy youths around nearly all night), Breakfast is very good and eat here as the restaurant is also very good.
The staff are helpful and humorous, concierge will book you entrance to the galleried etc.
For convenience we flew Air France from London City to Florence. which I recommend and got a limo at both ends which I also recommend. Don't try and drive in Florence, the streets are very narrow and it's a maze, taxi/limo in and walk.

Room Tip: get a room at the back overlooking the piazza at the hotel entrance or budget permitting a top floor luxury room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
GMHotelBrunelleschi, Direttore generale at Hotel Brunelleschi, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Dear Guest,

I have had the opportunity to read your comment about your recent stay with us at the Hotel Brunelleschi in Florence.
I am pleased to learn how great you found our rooms, our hotel and our staff.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon in Florence and I invite You to visit the Hotel Brunelleschi’s page on Facebook or the magazine in our web site to be kept up dated on latest news.

Kind regards

Reviewed 11 May 2013

My wife and I stayed here in May 2013 to celebrate our birthdays - herself turning 50 :-)

We got a complimentary upgrade, and a bottle of Prosecco on each of the birthdays. Nice touch, unexpected and unasked for.

The rooms were furnished and plumbed extremely contemporarily and were very comfortable. We certainly did not find the staff or atmosphere "pretentious" at all (sorry Bigbaglady49). They were simply very helpful, very polite and semmed very happy in their work. One thing we were really grateful for was them getting Accademia tickets pre-booked - after I found it sold out a day or two before we arrived.

Puzzled that Tom23692 says the location could be better. A discrete courtyard just tucked away behind the main pedestrianised thoroughfare linking Il Duomo and The Uffizi. Perhaps two minutes walk from the former and four from the latter. Tom23692 am tempted to misquote Basil Fawlty...."What do you expect from a central Florence hotel? Herds of roaming Wildebeest?". Matey, your comment is just wrong and unfair....perhaps you missed a "not" out given the heading of your piece?

All in all, a great stay at a great little hotel - would love to go back someday!

Dear Guest,

I have had the opportunity to read your comment about your recent stay with us at the Hotel Brunelleschi in Florence and I really appreciate what you think.
I am pleased to learn how great you found our rooms, our staff and our location.
I hope to welcome you back again in your “Home in Florence”, and in the meantime, I assure you of our best attention at all times and I remain, dear Guest,

With my Best regards.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Beautiful hotel in a great central location close to the Duomo. Rooms very stylish and clean and the hotel has a boutique feel. Great choice at breakfast. Staff very friendly and helpful. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary so lovely to find a bottle of prosecco in our room on arrival. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Dear Guest,

I have had the opportunity to read Your comments about the stay You recently spent at our Hotel Brunelleschi and I would like to thank you for your positive opinion about our hotel and our staff.

Kind regards