“My "must return" hotel in Firenze”
Review of Hotel Brunelleschi

Hotel Brunelleschi
Ranked #24 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Los Angeles, California
“My "must return" hotel in Firenze”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This was one of the best trip of my life, and this hotel definitely helped make it so.

I booked a regular room with my credit card's points. Upon arrival, I was talked into getting a Duomo view room, it was a splurge that didn't cost too much, and as a bonus they threw in some free wi-fi. Oh the view! the view! Honestly it was actually not the most complete view, or the best angle of Duomo, but still the building was so magnificent I was just in awe. The room was beautiful, clean, and comfortable. And unlike most European hotels, the bathroom was huge, which happens to be one of my preferred points when I pick a hotel. I spent part of the afternoon roaming the city, and when jet lag hit me, the hotel was so easy to get back to as it is in the greatest location. The next morning I woke to the bells of Duomo, it was such a surreal bliss! I went to the breakfast room and was surprised by the amazing spread. There were a lot of choices and everything was tasteful and fresh. I consider myself a breakfast junkie and I know good breakfast! I sat by the 7th century tower and sipped my prosecco (they also make really good cappuccino), and was just taking it all in. I do have to say they need to change the background music though, I don't think 90s American power ballad really spoke "Firenze" to me. =D

Everything about the hotel was right. They gave really "personal" service and treated everyone with grace. To name names: Lawrence and Mario were wonderful!!!

Last thing to add. On my departure, the taxi which was called by the hotel came late, resulting in me missing my train and having to spend an extra 50 euro for a new ticket. I called the hotel from the train station huffing and puffing. Mario handled it so politely and called the taxi company to see what happened. Even though in the end he could not compensate me in anyway (which I understand, because it was the cabbie's fault), but Mario's commitment to help me through the situation and actually dealing with it as I have already left the hotel (and the city) really spoke volume to me.

This hotel has a special place in my heart, and I will absolutely return to it when I am in town again.

Room Tip: splurge for the duomo view! it's worth it!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank lcacds

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wales, UK
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights during August, upon arriving the staff were helpful and upgraded our room and took our bags up for us. We had a staff member show us around the room and found it to be a good size and impeccably clean. The bathroom and bedroom were both modern and well stocked with plenty of toiletries which were always kept topped up every day.

The view from the hotel room was of the busy street below but the windows were so well soundproofed we did not hear a thing all night with them closed. The curtains also keep out all the light, This coupled with a super comfy bed and excellent pillows meant every night we had a fantastic sleep.

The hotel is close to all the local attractions and we did not have to get a taxi anywhere as everything was on our doorstep. The staff were always so polite and never did one not smile or say hello.

Breakfast was also good, plenty of choice and nice coffee, again plenty of staff willing to help should you require anything.

If we go back to Florence we will most definitely stay at this hotel again. We were made to feel most at home.

If anyone is thinking of booking this hotel I would strongly recommend it, it may cost a little bit more than some of the hotels in the city but it is defiantly worth paying that little bit extra for a whole lot more.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank B0wz
London
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed at HB for just a few days but can't wait to go back. Everything was wonderful from sending a person to guide us to the hotel (anybody who has driven in the centre of Florence will understand) to the beautiful bedrooms. Service was superb and our stay could not be faulted in anyway. We dinned in the casual restaurant which was excellent value for money when compared with the rest of expense Florence. It was just perfect coming at the end of two weeks in Italy.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank David L
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We recently stayed at the HB in Florence and had a great time.
The room was very luxurious; and perfectly presented in an immaculate and historic building.

Also, if you do stay get the breakfast as it is very good and breakfast in Florence can be v expensive

Garry

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Collierville, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We had a great time, the service was wonderful - but the location of the property is perfect! Nestled on a small street it's just minutes from every major attraction. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is because the breakfast was ok, but not outstanding. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

Having read such marvellous reviews before our own stay, we arrived with high hopes. These were surpassed in every way from the lovely, warm welcome, attentive and professional staff and absolutely beautiful rooms. Attention to detail in the bedrooms did not go unnoticed, the turn down service where soft music greets your return was a joy. Staff in a 5 star hotel would, I assume, willingly pick up your napkin when it drops onto the floor of the breakfast room. Hotel Brunelleschi breakfast waitress brought to me a replacement napkin before I was even aware of mine being on the floor and would not entertain the idea of my re-using the original one.

The cleanliness everywhere was so evident, every member of staff greeted us on passing, were very tolerant of our attempts at using the Italian language although this really was not required as their English was simply perfect.

The location is second to none and we felt very safe exploring the streets and alleyways leading off from the hotel and we saw many tourists stop and admire the hotel on their wanderings through the delightful alleyways of Florence.

We believe that a well chosen hotel, whatever your needs might be, is integral to making a holiday complete. It is important for a hotel to deliver what it promises. Hotel Brunelleschi goes one step further.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We booked 3 nights of our honeymoon here in a deluxe room with a view but were upgraded to a junior suite in their January sale. Instead we were given the deluxe 360 panorama room which is the most amazing hotel room we've ever seen. It pokes above the rooftops giving a perfect view of Florence in four directions - particularly of the cathedral, a stone's throw away. With a circular bed and complimentary prosecco it was the perfect way to spend the Florence part of our honeymoon.

The staff were very friendly and made a point of saying hello every time we passed the front desk. The complementary meal we had was good, and the breakfast was a perfectly acceptable buffet.

We'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013