“Perfect location !” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #44 of 421 Hotels in Florence
Surrey
“Perfect location !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

The rooftop bar is the perfect setting for an early evening drink with unspoilt views towards all the iconic buildings in this lovely city. The rooms are clean and very chic and with Salvatore Ferragamo finishes throughout this hotel is THE place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

Is very well located, service and staff very good. Is on the Ponte Vecchio.
Excellent decoration and good taste. Reception staff very helpful.
Wonderful breakfast. Very good bathrooms.
I will go there again with no doubt.

Room Tip: Everything was perfect
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

Very hip hotel. Its very convenient. Walking distance to Il Duomo and the high end shopping street. Breakfast is across the road at Hotel Gallery. Extremely good spread and immaculate service. The rooms are very spacious and minimalist feel yet very cosy and sufficient. Will definitely recommend this place. And they use Ferragamo toiletries. :) Only drawback the lift is abit small and claustrophobic.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Twice a year for 5 years is the amount of time of I've spent in this hotel. The staff in past knew me and I felt that quite welcomed "A home away from home". However in the past year I understand that the management has changed. In Oct I stayed and basically had an argument with the new staff (a male) over a €200.00 taxi ride to Santa Croce a ride that cost €80.00. When I question the amount he dropped the price to €150.00. This made know sense to me since he was behind the front desk and not the driver! Then instead that I pay cash to him. That again seemed suspicious! There was also the issue with my queen room. I was put into a smaller single bed. This gets small if your staying for a week, for over €2000.00.
This past trip I stayed with them in April and I thought this would be my last time given my stay in Oct. However things seemed to turn around. I was welcomed like in the past. I received a bottle of wine from the manage over a mix up with room service. Overall I feel in love with the same hotel 5 years ago.
The location is great. Right on the Arno and Pointe Vecchio. Your a 10min walk from the train station. 20 mins from the airport. You also have access to their sister hotels. One which in has the best spot on the Arno. Perfect for an afternoon drink.
Florence is a easy city to walk and explore. Stay at the Hotel Continentale if you want a touch of modern in a not so modern city.

• Stayed April 2013
Bracknell, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

I'll start off with the positives:
You can't knock the location of this hotel - you step out of the hotel and you find yourself facing the Pointe Vecchio...perfect! Our room was spotlessly clean and the bed was incredibly comfortable. I know a lot of other reviewers have commented on how small the rooms are, but I was more than happy with the clean and comfortable bed and large walk in shower. There was a problem with the floor of our shower which we reported on day 1 and this was handled with efficiently and sorted out the next day.

Now the negatives:
There was a strong smell of damp / drains the lobby and on every floor - fortunately it wasn't in our room. My partner booked this hotel on the strength of the rooftop bar which had views over the river - we never got to see the views as the bar was closed for maintenance. Why were we not advised of this at the time of booking? There are no tea/coffee facilities in the room (this is pretty standard in Europe) but then I would expect for there to have been somewhere to get a coffee within the hotel. The hotel just lacked any kind of atmosphere and I left there feeling as though we hadn't received any kind of service.

I know that a few reviewers have commented on the street noise - but this is a hotel in the centre of a city, if you want peace and quiet then book a hotel in the countryside!

Average at best.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Enza2903
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

I traveled through Italy for 2 weeks. This was by far my favorite hotel we stayed for 4 nights and loved it! Great location, accommodating staff, beautiful room very modern. Everything seemed to be less than a 10 minute walk away. I always felt safe coming and going from the hotel even late into the night.

I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
West harrison
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

I stayed at the Continentale for only three nights. It was not enough. The hotel was very clean, beautifully decorated and the service was great. The room was very modern and the beds were very comfy. We had a deck that we could see the Arno river from. We were 100 feet from the Ponte Vecchio. Breakfast was not included and was just across the courtyard at their sister hotel. It was pricey but delicious! The front desk was extremely helpful when we needed something or had a question. The hotel is for all sorts of travelers. I happened to have been with my 20 year old daughter but will bring my husband and younger boys back someday soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator and stairs
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family