“Florence - my love!”

Ranked #80 of 421 Hotels in Florence
Barcelona, Spain
“Florence - my love!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

Very good hotel with nice location. very clean and staff is ok. I liked it very much. In this hotel u really can imagine that u are in 18 century hanks to unusual design in barocco style! My father, aunt, me and my niece liked it

Room Tip: ask baldachinos
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

Stay here twice a year during trade shows, and it is always great staying here. Super nice clean quite rooms. Where previous stays at different hotels in Florence always have been a bit of a disappointment, Cellai has never. Also a bit addicted to Shauna's lovely service. She always looks after us perfectly and arranges everything we need, thank you so much Shauna!

Room Tip: Any room really. Stayed in 8 different rooms now, all lovely
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Chrissouren
Holt, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

This hotel is quite lovely .The Hotel Celiai is a short walk from the Duomo Cathedral,and a few minutes away from the Academia Gallery (with Michelangelo's David). The rooms are spacious and clean. Your day begins with a lovely and fresh breakfast. I cannot speak highly enough about the staff, the service was impeccable. They were genuinely warm and made you feel at home in this charming hotel. One person in particular that was truly exceptional and a true asset, is Shonna who works at the front desk. She is an angel who we will always be grateful to for all she did to help us on our family vacation in Florence . She went beyond the call of duty in helping us, and sent us to some of the best restaurants (we ate at during our entire stay in Italy)and sites in Florence. I am grateful that we stayed at this charming hotel and were fortunate to be so well taken care of . I look forward to returning.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank MichiganMaven417
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

We just stayed at the Cellai for Pitti and needless to say that the experience was excellent.
My stay was simply superb, this is a very good hotel and the location just could not be better, just few minutes from the fashion fair and very close to the Duomo Cathedral.
The room was clean and very nicely decoreted like the whole hotel.
Amzaing breakfast, with lovely products. Great atmosphere in the lobby during the evening. Superb! I loved hearing the music coming from the piano, it was amazing, this atmosphere was enchanted... Our stay was perfect and we can't wait to come back and stay at this hotel again!!
Staying in this hotel made our whole working Florence experience the best we had so far.
Thanks

Room Tip: The room was clean, calm and very well decorated, full of charme
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Adriana L
Beijing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

We booked this hotel by accident, but it surprised us a lot! This hotel has been built since 1881 but still very delicate and artistic. The room is very comfy and clean. The staff is helpful and friendly. wifi works well. Breakfast is nice and plenty. What we really love is the feeling the hotel provides which makes us comfortable. The lobby has several rooms for reading, chatting, and drinking with historical and artistic furnitures. Even you get stuck inside because of weather, you still can have a pleasant enjoyment in the hotel. The hotel also provides free afternoon tea for customers. It only takes 15 minutes walking to Duomo. Any buses passing by can reach train station, only 2 stops. The value if the stay is beyond the price. Love it very much!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

This really is an awful hotel in an awful location on a rather busy road.
The room priced at over 200 euros was really not worth 50!
Devoid of charm and lacking anything a 4 star hotel should have.
Minibar contained water and a can of cola
No guide to the hotel services or lack of
No room service and no restaurant.
Seriously how does Italy award it's star rating?
Cold and in need of redecorating the second room I moved to was no better than the first with curtains hanging off the rail.
Had it not been a show week I would have checked out.
Short walk to the centre is 15 minutes by the way and I am very fit.
All in all I would spend your hard earned cash somewhere in fact anywhere else.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PenguinTuk
BoutiqueHotel_Cellai, Owner at Hotel Cellai, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Sir,

Cellai Hotel offers a charming boutique style atmosphere with a contemporary twist. This means a mix of traditional florentine atmosphere with an unexpected collection of original artworks and a friendly relaxed elegance touch.

We are located in Florence city centre, short walk distance to all sights and most of the best bars and restaurants are 'just around the corner'. The Accademy of Fine Arts with the David of Michelangelo is only 3 minutes walk.

On your review there is no mention about our 6 o' clock live jazz piano concert that we offered to all our guests during your stay or to the library, the roof garden and the fine arts collection.

I am so sorry that you did not like your accommodation. I am on duty the entire day and I would have take care of assisting you in choosing the room with the colours and the shape you would have better liked.

I look forward seeing you at Cellai Hotel again as I am sure that you will enjoy the very special flair of our House.

Best regards

Fiammetta Cellai
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

I stayed in this Hotel for few days, as i got to Florence for some work's conferences.
I really felt a peaceful, charming and cozy atmosphere in this Boutique Hotel. Thank to the atmosphere I could breath in this hotel the trip in Florence didn't seem to be a working one but a lovely and relaxing one. I really felt at home thank to the helpful and kind staff.
The bedroom was silent, clean and like the whole hotel it was really well decorated.
We had a meeting conference in the Hotel's "Spazio Bianco" a magnificient place where to discuss about work in a pleasant and charming environment. I really loved discussing bussiness ideas in such a cozy and well decorated atmosphere.
We also had a light lunch in there and it was lovely!! Thanks for the hospitality!
I highly reccomend this hotel for any kind of holidays!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business