“Great hotel to stay in Florence”
Review of Hotel Cellai

Hotel Cellai
Ranked #86 of 412 Hotels in Florence
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Great hotel to stay in Florence”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I am a repeater guest of the hotel Cellai, and every time i go to Florence I stay in this beautifully decorated and centrally located hotel.
The staff and management are both incredibly helpful and full of ideas if you ask any of them what to do in Florence.
The room I had was a large family room with 2 king size beds. The bathroom quite large and nicely decorated.
The cleanliness, although expected, was impeccable.
bedsheets and towels were all of high quality and I really enjoyed the room set up.
I was there in business and as the hotel is very central I have had the opportunity to walk in all the appointments I had.
I will book again when I have to visit this wonderful city again

Room Tip: I always ask in my reservation what do i like and what type of room i have. This has always help me...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We traveled to Firenze for 12 days, and stayed the entire time at Hotel Cellai. The staff was friendly and accommodating! The many rooms to hang out in downstairs were a big plus, and breakfast was great. I especially loved the decor!! The rooftop patio is magnificent! The location was great--only a ten minute walk to The Duomo and the middle of town. I expected a few quirky things since it was an older building, so our shower was tiny and the water pressure was not good, but our daughters' room next door had a great shower. And the internet was not available in our rooms most of the time. There was a noisy dance group of teenagers staying so night was kind of loud--we had to ask them to keep it down. That was our only real complaint, but aside from that everything was perfect! We will definitely be back next year!

Room Tip: Not all rooms have safes or refrigerators, and we had to request a non-smoking room.
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I recently stayed in this hotel and was very pleased with it. Ideally situated, tons of museums and restaurants within walking distance. Nice continental breakfast with lots of variety. The room was percfectly fine as well, even though the second time we were there we did not have a bath in the room, only a standing shower. The main downside was that the service was kinda cold. Polite and respectful, but nothing out of the ordinary. Overall I would still reccoment this hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms with view on the street are a lot nosier, to avoid for calm and quiet!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I stayed at Hotel Cellai with my girlfriend for 3 nights last February. Our room was really nice and well decorated as was the whole hotel. Only 10 minutes walk from Ponte Vecchio and Uffizi Museum. 5 minutes walk from the Duomo and only 2 minutes walk from the Central Train Station. Their impeccable staff will make your stay comfortable and special. Breakfast were delicious.
I really enjoyed our staying at Hotel Cellai and I would recommend this hotel for anyone staying in Florence for business or traveling as a couple.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This lovely old hotel is a short walk from everything. If you want a big fancy new hotel, this is not it! We had a beautiful room with a velvet sofa and chair, nice bathroom and huge closet. The breakfast is delicious with homemade cakes, croissants, etc. and they have tea available in the afternoons. There are several charming rooms on the first floor for sitting, reading or having a drink and the staff were very accomodating.You feel as if you stepped into a someone's gracious home. If you like old world charm, then this is the hotel for you.

Room Tip: Try room 401. In Italy generally any room at the back of a hotel will be quieter!
London
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Have just returned from a 3 day stay at this 4 star boutique hotel, now I'm not quite sure how this hotel got a 4 star rating or whether boutique means arty but below par.
There were 7 in our party and my wife and I were allocated room 129 which on 1st impression is a charming room with a 4 poster bed and a view over the main street outside. Now note I say 1st impression the room has very little storage the bed obscures the TV (although yes I did not go to Florence to watch TV) The chair in the room has a lovely boutique style chair cover which is filthy along with the boutique selection of drinks in the mini bar the one can of beer looked as if it had been pushed into a muddy bit of dirt. The bathroom is tiny and I mean tiny the shower was half the size of a small telephone booth with a shower which gently trickles the water on you in a boutique style. and keeping with that style has none of those nasty soap dishes or anywhere to store your shampoo at standing height.The room has no door spyhole and you can hear everything going on in corridor and there are no slow closers on them so the door invariably slams.
Now the honesty bar I have read how other guests find this charming and that's their opinion with which I have no quarrel. However, if you like warm beer ,warm white &, sparkling wine, soda or mixers chilled or watered down spirits then you will enjoy it (nothing refrigerated or on ice). A better way would be to have a fridge or utilise an area behind reception so you can order and room charge your drinks from there. Please not a Gin & Tonic is 12 euros and a warm beer is 4 euros.
The hotel has a charming roof terrace which on the 1st night was dark we asked the Japanese receptionist if the lights could be put on and she said she would get the porter to do it, which didn't happen, so after I had slid in the mud from the plant pots we asked on the 2nd night and again sat in darkness, albeit with lovely views. On the 3rd night we discovered the roof terrace full of other guests and it was lit, as it should be and was even better.
The breakfast bar I will leave you to form your own opinions of, the food was nice when kept stocked, and each morning you get to play bumper cars with the other guests.
The location of the Hotel Cellai is perfect there is a charming indoor market nearby 5 mins away and a tip here is don't settle on the traders on the periphery of the market as they charge more, go inside and try the other stalls who are much cheaper. The other main parts such as the Duomo and Pointe Vecchio are within an easy walk. If you want to pay 99c for your beer and soda then go right out of the hotel go 1st left and after about a 5 to 10 minute walk there is a 99c store on the right. If you go a bit further on until you get to McDonalds and the train station then you will find the City Tour open top bus tour (opposite McDonalds to the south)
The only reason this hotel has not got a worse score is because of the Scottish Lady on reception who is very knowledgeable and helpful.

2 Thank Sjc462
Nottingham
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed a two day stay at this lovely hotel in the wonderfully city of Florence.
As other reviews advise this hotel is 10 minutes from everything.
The hotel is smart, clean and very politely staffed.
Breakfast was delicious too.
A great hotel!