“It was just okay”

B&B Hotel Firenze City Center
Ranked #276 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We stayed at this hotel on May 17th. I'll start with the pros: the hotel is conveniently located (the bus stop is literally right around the corner), it's located on a main road but noise is not an issue, the rooms are nicely decorated and ample (pictures attached), the breakfast is very cheap and nice (I think it was around 6 euros per person and it included scrambled eggs, juice, toast, ham, cheese, yoghurts, etc.), some of the staff is friendly, and it is actually pretty close to the center of the city (this one time we walked from Ponte Vecchio to the hotel in around 15 minutes). And now the cons: there is no door in the shower area so the water spills everywhere, there is no coffee machine, no safe, no peephole, the check-in is not until 2pm, the shower can be quite slippery, the elevators are very small. We also could not get the internet to work on any of our devices and when I called the front desk to ask for help the guy who answered was not friendly at all (he even hung up on me while I was still speaking). Also, on our last day we found that we had some time left over before leaving for Rome so we decided to leave our luggage in their deposit. They didn't even see what we put in there or ask for an ID or anything; they simply gave us a key and told us to just put our luggage in a room by the elevators. We thought this was very unsafe, as someone else could easily take someone else's luggage with them and there would be no way for the hotel to prevent it. Lastly, the room "key" is a password on a sheet of paper that they print for you and that you punch into the keypad on your door. The bad thing about this is that if you misplace this sheet of paper for any reason, your name, hotel, room number, and password are available for anyone to see.
The hotel was okay, conveniently located, and the cheap breakfast was very helpful, but we would probably look for other options if we go back to Florence.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 May 2013

We stayed 3 nights here in May. Location is great, you can easily reach train stations and attractions by walk and by bus. Cafe and supermarket is closed to the hotel. Room are standard, clean and comfortable. Staff is helpful and pleasant, even though we had asked a lot of recommendations and questions.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Not horrible, not great. The rooms are very minimal and kind of on the tiny side. There is no safe in the room. The location is great though! Very close to shopping and also very close to the city center. Everything is within walking distance. Elevators are very small though - and be careful some of our group got stuck in one! And if you want to take the stairs be warned the 1st floor of rooms is really on the 2nd floor and the stairs between floors seems like double the normal amount - so if you want to walk up (which a lot of our group did when we first got there with all their luggage) it is further than you would think.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Conveniently located not far from the city center. Rooms are very clean and comfortable. Easy access to all city sights. Staff members are helpful. A very good place to stay. Good alternative for pricey hotels in downtown Florence.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ksush
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Comfortable, large room with a lovely double bed. One particularly helpful staff member, very pleasant, English speaking and a joy to consult. Other staff members met the requirements but no more. Very close to bus route into town although also a pleasant walk (even for a senior couple). Be careful of dates when booking. One night was bedlam because of a tour of loud 12-13 year old kids. Teachers eventually called at 0330 in the morning. Beware of April in Florence - overrun with kids' school tours.

Room Tip: Avoid any floor housing school tours
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2013

We stayed here for it price at the moment, the hotel its a little far away from the main atractions but from within a walkable distance. The rooms looked really new and clean, we paid for breakfast coupons but they never asked for them so we had a couple of free breakfasts. The staff was a little rude and impolite.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NeoAngelz
Reviewed 21 March 2013

It seems like the review of this hotel has been quite a pleasant one, but not for me.
I am seriously quite disappointed with the stay here. Perhaps I am one unlucky one..

This is my experience.
I stayed here because of a group tour that I have booked. I travelled alone and the group tour pair me with another tour mate.

One day, when we were out of the hotel for our sight seeing tour, the hotel staff came and make-up the room. However, when I am back, my room mate came back earlier than me and told me that her bag was on my bed and her washing detergent has leaked out from her bag and leaked onto my bed. Of course I am unhappy.. I called the hotel recept to have the blanket cover changed, but doesnt seems like he really did understand in the first place what I was trying to say and he came up. I tried explaining to him that, the hotel staff probably has cleaned the room but left my room mates bag on my bed causing the blanket cover to be dirty, so I try asking for a change of the blanket cover. After some translation from my tour mgr, he mentioned that the staff usually does not do that, but well, in fact it was done, so I told him I wanted to change it, but he informed me that there is no house-keeping staff, probably have gone home, so I asked him to change at least the cover, else how on earth an I going to use the blanket (still winter season - end season). He was a little unwilling to change and told me that he will get the blanket cover for me to change. I thought it was probably outside the room and walked out with him barefoot but was told to get it at ground floor where the recept is. I was like.. "OMG"... r you kidding me... I am changing my own blanket sheet and still have to go down to the recept to get it from u... so I went back to get my shoes and came down, but he was not ready yet.

Spoke to another of my tour mate and she also advised that previous day, they did not even make up their room and throw the rubbish away.

Goodness... How bad can this hotel be where I hear some favour feedbacks from so many people. So unprofessional of the Hotel Staffs...

Luckily I did not book this hotel when I returned few days later, it was somewhere nearer to the train station and I was much happier there.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo