All reviews minute walk every morning railway station croissants attractions di square
Reviewed 16 July 2018

We stayed in a double and triple room in July in this hotel . It is an average 3 star . rooms are basic but neat and clean. However not luxurious.The staff is efficient.

But the worst part is that it is mentioned on their website that hotel is 900 m which I dont believe is true We were misled by this information. It is quite far around 1.5 km and not possible to walk. The bus or taxi is the only option.

Thirdly the location is not good because it does not even have good restaurants nearby for any dinner. The area is quite isolated.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2018

Friendly staff, clean rooms and good breakfast. Turn left out of hotel and another left takes you to via di San Jacopino (opposite II Pane Del Mattino) there is Bar San Jacopino where we had a great welcome. Does lunchtime food, and snacks with bread from Del Mattino.Nice beer as well. Highly recommended.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 5 June 2018

An excellent, quaintly decorated hotel just 20 minutes walk from the Piazzas, Cathedrals, restaurants & bars. The breakfast is the usual continental fare, with rolls, croissants, cereals, etc. Our room was clean and tidy, well maintained, with space enough for three adults. Some rooms have balconies, but ours didn't.

The staff were excellent. Their English was perfect, and one in particular took enormous time out, to help me with an IT problem. (I had major issues in accessing flight boarding passes). He was simply superb; knowledgeable, patient, funny and thorough.

Locally, there's a great little bar in Piazza Di San Jacopina, just a 10 minute walk away. Here you can catch buses into the centre, the bus station, or railway station for just 2 Euros. If preferred, one could walk to the bus & train stations in approx 20 minutes.

If you want to stay local, there's a good Restaurant 10 / 15 minutes walk away (Restaurant Templari) where the locals eat. There are other restaurants & pizzerias nearby that we didn't visit.

It may not be in the centre of town, but Florence's Shops, squares, domes, and attractions are all accessible.

It's worth mentioning too, that the buses run from the bus station to the airport every 30 minutes and cost just 6 Euros. They take approx. 20 minutes.

In conclusion; a great little hotel, with great staff, not 'too' far from most attractions.

Grazie Molto

Room Tip: Some rooms have a small balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed here with a group of friends, and I forgot my jacket on the coat hook. I realized that I forgot it about an hour after we checked out, and went straight back. They told me that the lost and found was locked and to leave my information and they’ll mail it to me. Well, I emailed and called them, and they said they found it and that they would mail it to me if I paid them for the mailing fee. Then I called the next day, and they told me they never found it, and that they don’t know what I’m talking about. It was a very expensive jacket, and I’m sure one of them is wearing it right now. It’s also extremely far away from the centre, like an hour walk.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

We called very late at night and they had a room for us. They were super friendly and helpful. We stayed another night and wanted to stay a third. We accidentally double booked ourselves, and they actually gave us our money back for one night! The breakfast was very good. Big bathroom and comfy beds. We really enjoyed our stay and the hospitality!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple