“a "Roman-holidays-flavoured" hotel well managed and friendly”
Review of Hotel Monna Lisa

Hotel Monna Lisa
Ranked #87 of 420 Hotels in Florence
Milan, Italy
“a "Roman-holidays-flavoured" hotel well managed and friendly”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

this small hotel is almost family run in style.The palazzo where the hoyel is located is well preserved and rooms are in the old palazzo or in 2 newer buildings in the garden (very pleasant and full of flowers),The rooms are definetly large for Florence standards and very clean .Furniture is traditional Italian well cared for. Staff is very helpful and the atmosphere at the hotel is true Italian..as true as your imagination can dream of. You feel like you are in the set of "Roman holidays"..but if course you are in Florence. Breakfast is good and common areas are exqusitely decorated .The garden is a beauty!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Chipping Sodbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

A large bed, but no information in room. Generally clean and well kept, very close to Duomo (about 2 minute walk). Breakfast very plentiful and service was good most mornings. We stayed because we got a deal, wouldn't have wanted to pay full price!

• Stayed April 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

This hotel is very charming, very old traditional style with great history, we spent our wedding anniversary here.
Our room was wonderful, with a large balcony overlooking a beautiful garden, something you would not expect to find. The bar man was hilairious, all the staff were very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was good, with delicious croissants. It was not to far from all the attractions have to offer but till in a quiet and peaceful location. A definite winner for us, so charming. Would reccomend to anyone, who likes character and warmth.

Room Tip: try and ask for a room with balcolny, the view of the gardens is stunning
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I am still pinching myself that I have just stayed in what was once a medieval palace. From the moment we stepped out of the taxi and into the entrance we were enchanted with this beautiful hotel. All the staff without exception could not have been more welcoming and friendly. Nothing seems any trouble to accommodate your requests. Special mention must be made of Vincente the barman who is a fabulous character and so warm and friendly. Our room was spotlessly clean and beautifully furnished although I do understand what some others have said about it being slightly airless. I think nobody wants to risk the dreaded mosquito bite! Breakfast is delightful, plenty of choice, a setting to die for, and amusing extremely efficient service. The hotel is so lovely that you would choose to come back after a day of sightseeing just to sit in its comfortable spaces with one of Vincente's special cocktails!

Florence itself is to die for. I would thoroughly recommend purchasing a Firenze Card which enabled us to skip ALL queues and give us great value for money. I am aware that we went at a quieter time so I am not sure how good this would be in the height of the season queue-jumping wise.

The hotel is in a PERFECT location. Turn right out of the hotel, right again, and you are looking at The Duomo.....10 minutes walk.

If I am lucky enough to return to Florence I would not want to stay in any other hotel but the Monna Lisa.

Room Tip: We stayed in Rooms 58 and 59 at the back of the hotel. Lovely and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sue T
Melbourne
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Excellently located. Walking distance to attractions, but quiet. The room was a bit too warm even at this time of year without air conditioning. The setting and gardens are great. Plenty of common space also and the hotel is spacious in general.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I booked the Monna Lisa sometime in December due to the great reviews and the wonderful look of the place. I had booked it as part of a weekend where I proposed to my girlfriend. After looking at the site again I asked to be upgraded as I thought it is a special weekend and maybe a bit of space will be a good thing. I contacted the reception and a wonderful guy called Gabriel dealt with me swiftly and mentioned they were heavily booked and he would see what he can do. Well he surpassed all expectations. After greeting us at reception and taking us immediately upstairs to a beautiful room that was nearly as big as my apartment. To say my now future wife was impressed it was an understatement. Together with the first rate service and the stunning hotel. I can only say great things about Monna lisa Florence. To the team there from Monika and myself, Grazie Mille.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lee H
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Pros: Location, friendly staff especially the night receptionist and the barman and breakfast staff, old city atmosphere
Cons: Not air conditioned, some mosquitos. We drove here Assisi and driving through Florence was a nightmare! Hotel is on a one way street with a dead end...took us over an hour to get from the lobby to the back of the hotel to park! Overall this was a great hotel, but don't drive if you can help it!

Stayed March 2014