All reviewstrain stationdiscover florencevia deirecommend this hotelarriving by traintourist attractionsstay there againhotel is situatedbasic hotelfacing the streetclean bathroomexcellent locationfirst floorcroissantsenjoyed our staypiazza santa maria novellaa great stay
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Hotel Unicorno is just a couple of blocks away from the Florence, SMN, train station and within walking distance of all of the major attractions in Florence. The reception greeted us warmly when we arrived and gave a quick orientation to Florence. We had to carry our bags up half a flight of steps to the small elevator. The room was the average European size, but the bathroom was larger than in most European hotels. Since the hotel is in the heart of Florence, it can be a little noisy; but the hotel has upgraded the windows to double pane to block most of the noise. The breakfast was typical for hotels in this price range. This is a good place to stay if you want to be close to Florence culture.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not overlooking the street.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The location is excellent. The breakfast was good, with a lot of choices. Staff was exceptionally helpful. The room was clean and quiet -- they also were very environmentally friendly. The hotel looks a bit shabby but I believe it is to the fact that it has a lot of bookings and guests.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank H B
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My family stayed at Hotel Unicorno while in Florence for my wedding! The staff are extremely kind and are very happy to help out with anything you should need. They are great help for suggestions around town and truly want you to have a great experience in Florence!

They went out of their way to make sure our stay was comfortable. They even let me host our Bridal Luncheon in the Breakfast area, providing snacks and drinks for all of my bridesmaids and family!

The rooms are great and true to the Italian style. The top floor rooms are more modern and sleek. The towels are fresh, beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean!

Hotel breakfasts usually aren't exceptional but i loved the foods offered here!

The location is great; close walk to all of the main tourist attractions while keeping you close to the train station!

I highly recommend this hotel for an affordable stay with charm in Florence!

Room Tip: For the newer and renovated rooms, go for the top floor rooms. I believe they cost a little bit more.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MerEGwynn
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My aunt and I spent four nights at this hotel this May. I was very satisfied with the experience. The staff was wonderful and very helpful. They have a 24 hour desk, so we didn't need to carry around a room key with us. The hotel was a short walk from the train station through square where the Santa Maria Novella church is. It was not a far walk from the Duomo either. Our room seemed to be newly remodeled and was geared toward conservation. The bathroom had two steps down to get into it. We had a good selection for breakfast as well. I would stay here again when I return to Florence!

Room Tip: The rooms on the third floor are newly remodeled. We had a room on the street side so if you're sensitive to noise try not to get a street side room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 17KJI
Reviewed 18 April 2014

A good hotel in a superb location - less than 10 min walk from rail station. A 2 minute walk to
the square which is brimming with activity and sidewalk cafes and close to everything. A friendly l Irish pub - The Fiddler's Elbow nearby.
The room was reasonably large, well appointed and spotless. The bed was comfortable and the room had a safe (NO - not that kind of safe!) The owner and staff were friendly and efficient.
The breakfast was great - equipped with a coffee machine for espresso, capp, American coffee and hot chocolate. Buffet of eggs, sausage, bacon , sweet rolls.and more- One that would have cost at least 15 E each in a café if not more esp with the bottomless cappuccino available!
We would highly recommend this hotel.
Lois and Ken Phoenix, Arizona