“In a word "Fantastic"”

Ranked #48 of 412 Hotels in Florence
Swansea, United Kingdom
“In a word "Fantastic"”
Reviewed 24 March 2011

This visit was our 6th stay at the Berchielli, booked another 4 night break for October 2011, cant wait, perfect location with a river view, friendly staff nothing to much trouble for them, and the breakfast is of a high standard. good indication of how well this hotel is reguarded is the number of returning clients you meet on your stays, so I think that says it all.

Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank colin394

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Wellesley, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 March 2011

Our family of 6 LOVED this hotel. The location is wonderful, steps from the Ponte Vecchio and the Uffizi Museum. The rooms are spacious and well-appointed. Our triple room offered 2 bathrooms (!) and a private bedroom for our son (in addition to a spacious bedroom for us). Room 422. The breakfast (served from 7-11 AM) is more like brunch offering eggs, bacon, pancakes etc in addition to the delicous breads, cereals, meats, cheeses, fresh fruits. My sons loved the hot chocolate. The staff is not pushy or overbearing. They simply meet any need/ answer any question you may have. The price is great for the experience you will have. Wish I were still there.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank jjmjjj
Crete, Greece
Reviewed 22 March 2011

He had a road trip in Italy and stayed in Berchielly 3 nights.
The hotel is located few steps from Ponte Vecchio and all main attractions. Traveled with a baby, 1 years old, and found it very comfortable.
Definitely this is the best city center hotel room I have ever stayed. The room was huge, clean, nice decorated with Florence atmosphere and a small balcony with perfect river view. Also very quite, don't worried about the traffic. Bathroom was large and spacious clean. Internet access a bit slow but free. Breakfast offers plenty of choice and the staff very kind and helpful. Hotel also offers parking 28 Euro per day but we parked in public area 10 min waking distance. Will stay here again when next visit Florence.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank keora
Tarporley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2011

When I was choosing a hotel for my wife's 40th I really wanted something special. After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor I decided on the Berchielli. The reviews are right. It has a great atmosphere with really professional staff who were really helpful. We really enjoyed the breakfast, the pastries were especially good, as was the hot chocolate my daughter had most mornings.
The hotel itself is in a great central location, right on the river, giving you very easy access to the shops and restaurants on both sides. There were some really good places to eat near by. I'll be putting reviews up for them separately.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank earthlet
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 5 March 2011

This hotel was excellent and a great value we would stay again and chose this over any other hotel in Florence. The front desk service was very good, they helped with directions, maps, food choices and much more. I loved the old style of leaving the key with the front desk so I didn't have to worry about loosing it. The hotel was a few steps from the old bridge, a famous landmark, and a couple of great restaurants. The location was superb. While I reserve 5 star ratings for hotels like the Park Hyatt in Milan it was hard to not give this 5 stars as it checked off every box. The breakfast buffet was great too. The only downside I can say was the sound of traffic at night on the river road below our room. But the view at sunset and in the morning made up for it. We will be back.

4 Thank Bob S
nyc
Reviewed 4 March 2011

My wife and I spent a very pleasant week at the Hotel Berchielli. It's location on the river is wonderful as it's accessibility to all of the major sites in Florence. And, waking up with a view of the Arno was a treat. The staff was consistently helpful and friendly. I required a doctor during my stay and they efficiently put me in touch with one who arrived at my room within a half an hour of their contacting him for me. The price was certainly worth it to be healthy during our stay.

The room was large with suitable amenities for a 4* hotel.

Breakfast was quite good, with eggs, meats, pastry and fruits. Each morning the waiter would "Paint" a different picture in the foam on my wife's cappuccino. Which brings me to the main reason I liked the hotel. The staff always seemed to be in a good mood. And this reflected on directly on how we were treated during our week's stay.

3 Thank thomas l
Hampshire
Reviewed 1 March 2011

We got a last minute deal for 3 nights at the end of February. The hotel is perfectly located near all the main visitor attractions. Although it is an old building it has all modern conveniences and has been kept in near perfect condition. The staff are polite and attentive but not intrusive. The buffet breakfast offers plenty of choice. Our room was located at the side of the hotel and looked over a roof top terrace and on to a bell tower. Our room was very quiet, even though we slept with the window open. We can imagine that some of the rooms which over look the roads maybe noisier.
Our only criticism is that our room was too warm at night - the temperature did not respond to the thermostat setting.
We would recommend this hotel for anyone considering a short city break.

2 Thank robertspet8