Hotel City
Grand Hotel Minerva(Florence)
US$390
US$373
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Florence Metropole(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$194
US$372
US$343
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstrain stationcentral marketgreat locationpastrieswithin walking distanceamerican coffeesmall hotelsan lorenzoflorence attractionslovely hotelnarrow streetssitting roomside streetmain sightshard boiled eggsmedici chapeltwo blocks
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My husband and I only stayed here for one night on our European vacation. It was incredibly close to the train station, the Duomo and other great spots. The staff were all very friendly and the breakfast was delicious. The room was very clean and had a old charm feel. I would definitely stay there again!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Went to Florence solo in July 2014. This hotel seemed to be a nice place to stay and indeed it was. I should say that everything that I expected and waited for has been delivered or even exceeded.

A lot has been said about the hotel's location - counting out that the street is a narrow and busy, I must say that the location alone is really an asset. See for yourself: you have 5-10 minutes from the train/bus station (i.e., transfer to airport) and then you have 5-10 minutes to Il Duomo and all other landmarks are easily accessed from this cathedral.

I should probably say more about two important features which usually raise many questions: the bathing room outside your living room and safety deposit.

Bathing room which is outside your living room is suited only for you - you can even close it with the key and no one can enter there. So no, it's not a common bathing room for various guests. It is also very neat and tidy, so I can assure that that's definitely isn't a problem if you happen to choose that kind of rooms. And it's rather big, there's literally as much space as in the living room.

Safety deposit can be used only by you - it's opened with two keys, one of which is master key for all safety boxes and the second is the single one which you can have with you all the time. It's not possible to open the box without two keys at a time, so you can be sure that all your posessions are really safe.

Speaking of the downsides, I can probably mention the rather slow lift but I don't think that it's really fatal. Especially if you consider all of the positive aspects of this hotel.

Speaking about the staff - I must note that they have been very polite and nice all the way.

Anyway, I can recommend this hotel to anyone going to Florence and looking for a nice, safe and friendly place to make a base in the city. Definitely will go here if I return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Very good location, foot-distance from all attractions. Near train station (walking distance). Near the central market. Very good staff. Very nice and clean rooms. Good breakfast. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed with two friends at Hotel City end of June this year and we were all absolutely delighted with this hotel.

The staff is lovely and welcoming, the room was spacious enough for three people (highly unusual with an extra bed) and everything, including the bathroom, was immaculately clean.

Breakfast is more than adequate and despite coming down quite late every morning we were in no way rushed.

I would highly recommend this hotel and will certainly stay there again when I return to Florence.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed for 7 nights in June 2014. Parking was very convenient, indoors at the nearby Central Station, with easy access to get out of the city. The lobby is simple, but the rooms are very good. Quiet, good beds, sufficient space, modern bathroom (with stand-up shower and complete toiletries). We had a problem one night with the AC, and called the lobby who fixed it at once. Breakfast consisted of cold cuts, but was high quality and sufficient. The central market and the main cathedral are just a 5 minutes walk away. We loved the hotel and will return. Highly recommended/

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple