“Wow what Service”

Ranked #1 of 422 Hotels in Florence
Rochester, New York
“Wow what Service”
Reviewed 25 July 2012 via mobile

We stayed at hotel David for 3 nights in July. From the moment we arrived the staff bent over backwards to make sure our ever need was met. From helping us plan our day to a relaxing drink in the afternoon.

Rooms were very well appointed, clean and most importantly everything in the roomed worked as it should.

The breakfeast was great, we highly recommend the stuffed pies, outstanding best in Italy.

Just keep in mind the hotel is about 20 min walk from the center of town

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your time to write this review I'm very glad you had good time here at the David with your family and I hope next time you decide to come back to Florence you will remember our Hotel!
Gabriele Cecioni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 24 July 2012

My mother and I just had one night in Florence on our way to Cortona. We had read about the Hotel David on trip advisor and booked a night there. So pleased we did, from the minute we walked through the door we felt at home. The staff are exceptional, we didnt want to leave.

Free mini bar, phone and wi-fi was such a treat. We had a problem with one of the beds and 2mins after our call to reception, the manager was in our room replacing the bed, unbelievable service!

The rooms are big and very comfortable as well as the bathroom. The location is fantastic, a lovely stroll into florence along the river and very close to some of the best restaurants in Florence.

Thanks to everyone at the hotel David so making our stay so special.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Dear Guest,
I remember you and I personally apologize for what had happened and this is a good example that we are not perfect and we know that and we try to be very efficient when something happens to convert a critical situation into a good sign of efficency!
Thank you!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Very clean hotel with wonderful service. We greatly appreciated the mini bar and happy hour!! The staff always went out of their way to ensure we were happy and was always there to answer any questions.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank runksm
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your post on this traveler comunity I'm very happy you had good time with us here at the David and thank you for your time to write your words of appreciation!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I was a little worried about visiting Florence because we would have a car. After hearing all of the horror stories, I knew that I wanted to stay on the opposite side of the river to be safe. We really scored big with the Hotel David. Not only was it easy to find with free parking, it had so many other excellent features. The internet was the best we had in Italy. The room was large and comfortable. The bathroom huge and modern. The AC worked great. The minibar was free and the happy hour was awesome. I really cannot reccomend this hotel enough. Now, it is a little far from the tourist area. I had a 7 year old with me and it was a far walk for him. However, when you consider that it was 100 euros a night less than the hotels in the center, and a taxi to the center cost 10 euros, I could go back and forth all day and still save money. By the way, the taxis que up right outside of the hotel, so it was very easy. I loved this hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank cathy h
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 22 July 2012
Dear Guest,
I'm happy you had good time with us and also that you found an advantage in choosing our place beacause of our car parking free service. i can understand that with a young child 20 minutes walk can be a long way but don't forget you can use the bus or the taxi as you discovered!
seattle
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Hotel David goes out of its way to try to make its guests happy! It is obvious the moment you come in that they want you to feel welcome and have added just a few little touches to make you smile. They stock your minibar- just once- but its "free". Sometimes when you get somewhere you are so hot and thirsty- a nice touch! Then there's a ftee happy hour every day. A nice bteakfast- everyday the food was a little different- I'm a pastry/ croissant lover and boy! were they good! They fresh espressos, too, yum. You can also -each guest-call home for 10 minutes for free each day. Wifi is free and they have 2 computers you can use if you'd like. The staff are so cheetful! We had gotten used to tiny beds in Europe but our bed here was said to be a double- looks like a king. Room 34. No balcony, tho. I think some rooms may have them but I booked late. You will like this place. You can sit outside in the little patio and have a glass of wine in the evening. It's near the river.Close to downtown Florence- rigjht on busline.Ciao!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank poppy23Seattle
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Dear Guest,
I thank you for your nice words of appreciation I'm so happy you had good time and you liked our top floor room!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2012

This hotel is superb. Rooms are perfect, staff very helpfully and close to Florence centre. Walking time is only 15 mins and two bus routes are on its doorstep. Initially booked for three nights but so good we cancelled a stay in Sienna to remain an additional night. Highly recommended

Room Tip: Rooms with a balcony is excellent for a relaxing seat before heading out for an evening.