“Lovely touches!”

Ranked #1 of 422 Hotels in Florence
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Lovely touches!”
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Whilst the hotel is around 20 mins walk from the centre and is only 3 star, there are some lovely touches that make your stay very welcome! A free mini bar (soft drinks only) during your stay was a surprise and a great gesture. You can make a 10 min phone call home, every day, (from the reception wireless telephone) free of charge. The 'happy hour' in the evening was a great way to meet the other guests - sitting in the sun, sipping a drink and eating nibbles - was fabulous! The hotel was clean and very welcoming.The staff were very helpful and curteous..

1 Thank Sheran L
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 2 August 2012
Dear Guest,

I'm happy you had good time with us and I even happier that despite your vote is only 3 out of 5 you have good words of appreciation and this is the most important thing!
Gabriele Cecioni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 31 July 2012

If you are traveling to Florence, I really must insist that you stay at Hotel David. This was the most charming, lovely, wonderful, comfortable hotel at which I have ever stayed. The staff are so welcoming. I really felt like they were happy to see me and help me. It is across the river from the main attractions of Florence and we did not find this to be any sort of problem. It is a very easy and quick walk into the heart of Florence, and bus 23 stops just around the corner and took us everywhere we wanted to go. Hotel David is a very quick walk to Piazzale Michelangelo with amazing views of the city. The breakfast was really good and happy hour was a wonderful surprise. And laundry! Hallelujah! Super comfy bed. Super staff. Completely wonderful. Perfetto.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Susan L
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 19 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your note of appreciation, for your tips and for posting additional photos of the Hotel!
Shanghai
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We chose Hotel David because of the high marks given by other families, can't leave without adding our own review: this is simply a wonderful hotel.

Ours is a spacious, sunny & clean room on the first floor; just a short walk from the healthy, buffet-style breakfast (either indoors or on the patio). Great service - no problems navigating us here or checking in when connecting flights meant a 2 AM arrival. The staff we quite helpful in arranging local excursions, sorting outwalking &bus routes, etc.

We won't even consider another hotel next trip.

1 Thank Hamilton G
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your post it's always hard to go over your expectations when you book based on the reviews we have on Tripadvisor!
Knaresborough, N.Yorks
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We chose Hotel David because of the excellent trip advisor reviews and our preference to stay at hotels with 'character'. We stayed for 1 night, 23rd July and our only disappointment was it was just one night. When we arrived we received a very warm welcome and very clear explanation of the facilities provided by the hotel. Our room was lovely with a massive bed and having spent an afternoon exploring Florence, we enjoyed raiding the free mini bar for juice and a lager. The happy hour (1.5) was great and, along with several other guests, we enjoyed a couple of glasses of wine and some snacks in the garden. Breakfast was good, made even better by being able to sit outside on the terrace and bask in th early morning sunshine. Overall the hotel completely lived up to our expectations, facilities were very good, staff excellent and we will certainly be recommending Hotel David to our friends and we will definitely will be back when we next visit Florence - thank you for a delightful stay.

2 Thank PhilMunt
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Dear Guest,

I'm impressed to learn all the time new way to express your satisfaction! Good to know you had good time and see you next time!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 July 2012

My family and I stayed at the Hotel David for 2 nights. We were concluding our week plus tour around Italy (Rome and Venice too), and we all agreed that our stay stay here was the best.

Our visit started with our encounter of the friendly staff at the desk. The check in was easy. Our rooms were very nice, spacious and well decorated. Some of the trim could have used a refreshing painting, but a very minor point.

The first thing we noted was that the initial stock in the mini-bar was complimentary. Also, the cost of addtional items was very reasonable and lower than what it would cost for the same items from any vendors in the tourist areas of the city. These people were not trying to take advantage of their guests, but were creating a welcoming atmosphere.

The next thing that we noted was the complimentary happy hour offered each day. The timing was right after a day of sight seeing in the heat of July. These were very well attended by guests, and the staff kept the snacks and wine refreshed throughout.

Other guest conveniences we appreciated - 2 internet computers available 24 hours, inroom wifi that actually worked and didn't require a new password periodically, a varied and satisfying breakfast.

I can give the Hotel David a top rating without reservation.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you for this review and I'm so happy you had good time with us and as I see you have used all out serivces with satisfaction and this is an important feedback.
We will be here if in the future you will decide to come back to Firenze!
Ramona, California
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Although it was a bit hard to find, Hotel David was worth hunting for. First class all the way. Very friendly and helpful staff. We had an excellent room on the third floor with a huge balcony, plenty of space, and a modern bathroom. Loved the happy hour in the late afternoon. All in all, a great experience.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 29 July 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you for trusting us in every way.....I'm happy you enjoyed our new rooms on the top floor and I'm sure you will be back next time you decide to come to Florence!
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 25 July 2012 via mobile

We stayed at hotel David for 3 nights in July. From the moment we arrived the staff bent over backwards to make sure our ever need was met. From helping us plan our day to a relaxing drink in the afternoon.

Rooms were very well appointed, clean and most importantly everything in the roomed worked as it should.

The breakfeast was great, we highly recommend the stuffed pies, outstanding best in Italy.

Just keep in mind the hotel is about 20 min walk from the center of town

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your time to write this review I'm very glad you had good time here at the David with your family and I hope next time you decide to come back to Florence you will remember our Hotel!