Hotel David
US$324
US$305
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Florence Metropole(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$717
Villa Cora(Florence)
US$1,085
3,439 results
All reviewshappy hourfree mini barfree phoneminute phone callfree minuteminute walkponte vecchioother guestsevery eveningwalk along the riverbus stoprecommend hotelbottle of champagnewonderful hotelfavorite hotelhome away from homeour honeymoon
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Recently stayed 2 nights at the David and was very impressed. I won't go over all the other good things other reviewers have posted but will add a small example of how this place has things just right.

We were leaving Florence by train the following day and my wife was a bit anxious about getting to the station on time. She had read that the bus ran past the hotel and directly to it but was still unsure we would do that right. We asked the receptionist who assured us it wouldn't be any problem and actually walked out of the hotel and crossed the road with us to show us exactly where we needed to be to catch the bus the next day. Of course, it all turned out fine.

I could go on with more good things to say but I would just end by recommending the David without hesitation.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Guest,

I thank you for coming to stay with us here at the David and I'm so happy you had good time and you were impressed of our way to welcome you all! We will always do our best to go over your expectations and next time you will be coming we will be here for you...

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Stayed for four nights in october.All the good reviews we had read prior to our visit were exactly true.The staff were welcoming and friendly - especially Christina who helped with restaurant bookings and other queries we had.The hotel was spotless. We had room no 1 which had a four poster bed and a bathroom with a double shower.There is a varied delicious breakfast and a charming young lady on hand to give any assistance.The hotel is in a good location - an easy fifteen minute walk by the side of the Arno to the Ponte Vecchio.Our holiday in beautiful Florence was made more special by staying at the Hotel David. Could recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Our room was at the front of the hotel.The road is rather busy but we heard no noise at all because the windows are all fitted with roller shutters.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Guest,

I thank you for coming to stay with us I'm very happy you had good time with us and you enjoyed our hospitality and I'm sure you will be back one day!

Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It's obvious that a lot of thought has been put in to cater to whatever need the traveller might have, and to make the guests feel welcome.

First, we were greeted by a handwritten note welcoming us to the hotel and inviting us to partake of the pastries they'd left in the room to welcome us.

Next, and that's a first I've encountered, you get a certain number of minutes of free calls home- how thoughtful! Then there's a brand new (or were there 2?) Apple computer(s) in the lobby for the free use of guests, and even a printer for you to print out your boarding passes etc.

Then there's happy hour where you can go down and have free snacks and drinks (except for certain items which are chargeable) and mingle with other guests.

The room we had was comfortable and homey. We certainly slept very well.

The hotel is also a short walk from the Ponte Vecchio.

Finally, there's free parking onsite which is a big plus if you're driving.

I can see why it's no. 1 on Trip Advisor. Highly recommended!

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mrsfootloose
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your post I'm happy you had a good time with us and I'm sure you will be back so you can make a photo of the new version of our services!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed for one night in October. If we had known of the welcome and free extras we would have planned to stay longer. From the offer of a free 10 minute call home each day, to the mini bar that you only get charged for if you request a refill, the happy 2 hours each night to mingle and sup with the other guests, the use of the laundry and the fresh tart in our room on arrival. All this and also one of the friendliest welcomes we received in our 2 weeks in Italy made sure we are recommending "David" to all our travelling friends. Easy 20 minute walk back into town and reasonable range of cafés on their side of the river meant the location was good for us. We were driving and the off street parking was a plus as well. Congratulations to all the staff on making our visit an enjoyable one.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your post, as you were mentioning the free first load of minibar....we have just started to give the refill free too every day to thank you all for your kindness and contribution to make the David every day more special!

Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Was a lovely stay in this hotel.
The service excellent and warm. The check in was fast and efficient. Staff very helpful.
The room service was excellent, they really try to do their best you can tell.
The decor of the room is warm and cozy but with a touch of Italian of course.
I love this hotel, enjoyed every moment of my stay.
Will be back soon as I can!
Thank you David hotel to make our holiday in Italy memorable!

• Stayed: November 2013
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Guest,

I really thank you for coming to stay with us, I have realized that our Guests like to stay in a family run hotel where you can meet the Owner anytime and talk to him like a good friend....