“I know why it is number 1 :)”
Review of Hotel David

Hotel David
Ranked #1 of 421 Hotels in Florence
Clearwater, Florida
“I know why it is number 1 :)”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Are they nicer looking hotels? Of course
Are there hotels with nicer looking facilities? Of course
That's not the point here.
It's an older 3 star family run hotel.
The staff at this hotel are among the best hotel employees I have ever dealt with.
The breakfast is amazing, especially the orange cake :)
The coffee was delicious. The meats, were tasty. I have never had such wonderful tomatoes before either.
I don't quite understand the complaints made in some reviews. The hotel location is clearly located on the website. It is indeed a 15 minute walk to the Ponte Vecchio bridge for easy access to Uffizzi museum. D bus directly to/from SMN train station, and 23 bus will take you to Piazza San Marco by Accademia. The minibar was pre-stocked with free beverages. The hotel sells bus tickets at the standard 1.20 Euro price (they are 2 Euro if you buy them on the bus)
Love the rain shower head. Bathroom also had a bidet. Love the orange cake... Oh yeah, did I mention the orange cake?
Breakfast and evening happy hour are included in the price, as well as the original stocking of the minibar. The minibar one bag of potato chips,2 small bottles of juice (peach, pear) , pepsi, water (gas/no gas), orange soda, lemon soda, and pepsi free, They did offer to exchange what we didn't want. There are 2 apple computers and a printer for guest use. They also have free WIFI... I will recommend this place to anyone I know who is planning a visit. If I go back to Florence, and cannot book their apartment by the PV Bridge, I will stay at Hotel David.

Room Tip: I doubt they have any bad ones :)
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Guest,

A big thank you from all the Staff of the David that every day, every year gives its best to make you feel at home knowing that we can always make it better!
Gabriele Cecioni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Richardson
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Of the 2 weeks we spent in Italy this hotel had the largest rooms by far. The staff was so friendly and helpful as well. The breakfast was great and in a very comfortable area. Happy hour drinks and food were served in the sitting area. We returned from dinner one evening to find a tray of after- dinner liquors so we could try any of them ( there were about 8-10 different things). We would highly recommend this hotel while staying in Florence. Y

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Elaine_M12Richardson
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Guest,
I thank you for your review I'm very happy you had good time with us and I see you already discovered one of our new services we are testing for 2014!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed 4 nights in November. I had a smaller room on the first floor facing the back with a balcony. Lovely and quiet. Bathroom was immaculate. Great bed too. The reception staff were all lovely, and as another reviewer mentioned, when I wanted the bus, she walked outside to show me. While the walk into town is easy and pretty, the bus is pretty genius. The hotel sells tickets. You hop on one of two main routes steps from the front door and you're off. I especially appreciated the honor bar, it was lovely to come home from a day of walking to fix a cup of tea and some cake. The breakfast was also exceptional. Can't say enough. Will be back and will recommend!

Room Tip: Opt for the back for extra quiet
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for trusting us....I'm very happy you found what you were looking for and I'm sure I will have the pleasure to welcome you this time as a repeater Guest!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

My mom, aunt and I decided to take a trip to Rome, Siena, Florence and Barcelona ... This was by far the best hotel that we stayed at! The free accommodations are outstanding, from a free 10 min international phone call, to laundry, mini bar, a spacious room, continental breakfast and more! It's a short walk (20 min) from all the attractions and frankly it's nice getting away from all the hustle and bustle that you deal with throughout the day. The staff is GREAT! I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Wmoore568
Dear Guest,

I thank you for coming to stay with us, I'm very happy you took advantage of all the services and if you are coming back next time you will find some new services like the Amaretto time in the evening....
Lancashire, England
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Recently stayed 2 nights at the David and was very impressed. I won't go over all the other good things other reviewers have posted but will add a small example of how this place has things just right.

We were leaving Florence by train the following day and my wife was a bit anxious about getting to the station on time. She had read that the bus ran past the hotel and directly to it but was still unsure we would do that right. We asked the receptionist who assured us it wouldn't be any problem and actually walked out of the hotel and crossed the road with us to show us exactly where we needed to be to catch the bus the next day. Of course, it all turned out fine.

I could go on with more good things to say but I would just end by recommending the David without hesitation.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for coming to stay with us here at the David and I'm so happy you had good time and you were impressed of our way to welcome you all! We will always do our best to go over your expectations and next time you will be coming we will be here for you...
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Stayed for four nights in october.All the good reviews we had read prior to our visit were exactly true.The staff were welcoming and friendly - especially Christina who helped with restaurant bookings and other queries we had.The hotel was spotless. We had room no 1 which had a four poster bed and a bathroom with a double shower.There is a varied delicious breakfast and a charming young lady on hand to give any assistance.The hotel is in a good location - an easy fifteen minute walk by the side of the Arno to the Ponte Vecchio.Our holiday in beautiful Florence was made more special by staying at the Hotel David. Could recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Our room was at the front of the hotel.The road is rather busy but we heard no noise at all because...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I thank you for coming to stay with us I'm very happy you had good time with us and you enjoyed our hospitality and I'm sure you will be back one day!
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It's obvious that a lot of thought has been put in to cater to whatever need the traveller might have, and to make the guests feel welcome.

First, we were greeted by a handwritten note welcoming us to the hotel and inviting us to partake of the pastries they'd left in the room to welcome us.

Next, and that's a first I've encountered, you get a certain number of minutes of free calls home- how thoughtful! Then there's a brand new (or were there 2?) Apple computer(s) in the lobby for the free use of guests, and even a printer for you to print out your boarding passes etc.

Then there's happy hour where you can go down and have free snacks and drinks (except for certain items which are chargeable) and mingle with other guests.

The room we had was comfortable and homey. We certainly slept very well.

The hotel is also a short walk from the Ponte Vecchio.

Finally, there's free parking onsite which is a big plus if you're driving.

I can see why it's no. 1 on Trip Advisor. Highly recommended!

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mrsfootloose
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your post I'm happy you had a good time with us and I'm sure you will be back so you can make a photo of the new version of our services!