“Wonderful stay”
Review of Hotel David

Hotel David
Ranked #1 of 409 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I was a little sceptical about the rave reviews but the Hotel David lived up to them. Staff is wonderful, room was quiet, and the exercise to get to the historic area did us good. I've been telling everyone about the Hotel David.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor. We could see the Duomo from the balcony and it was quiet at night, import...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Guest,

We all thank you for your post I'm happy to read that despite your doubts you had good time with us...see you next time then!

Reviewed 21 December 2013

What a great setting for an anniversary trip to Italy!! Talk about getting you into the European feel. This boutique hotel is essentially a B&B. The rooms are adorable, there's wine and cheese in the afternoon, an honor bar for drinks, and it's walking distance to downtown Florence along the river. Doesn't get any better. The staff are very helpful too.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I'm very happy you were not disappointed as you came for a so special event! Already planning your next anniversary trip?
My best wishes for a happy new 2014!

Reviewed 20 December 2013

We picked this hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews, and completely agree with all the wonderful feedback. Hotel David is the type of hotel that puts you in a good mood. It is OUTSTANDING. Fantastic, friendly, attentive staff. Comfortable rooms. Delicious - and hearty - breakfast. Free in-room mini bar. Lovely happy hour, followed by an honor system for late evening drinks (2 Euro bottles of Prosecco!) Strong Wifi signal allowed for uninterrupted FaceTime calls home. This hotel is a good 15 minute walk to Ponte Vecchio, but we enjoyed the stroll along the Arno River. We could not have asked for anything more in a hotel. Thank you Hotel David!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank lsr1011

Dear Guest,

Nice to see you had good time here with us, your positive notes make us very happy and proud to be doing a good job!

Reviewed 18 December 2013

In early December, my friend & I traveled miles away from Thailand to visit Florence the first time. We chose Hotel David because we went through previous reviews and found this place a perfect match. In return, I would like to pass on this review as a token of gratitude to those who make our trip a memorable one.

Not to our disappointment, this hotel had given us more than we could imagine. Upon our check-in, we made a special request for an extra bed to be placed in the living room for my friend has an allergy that she wouldn't want me to share the same bed. When we return from a day trip, everything was well handled without any extra charge. The room (#31) is very spacious, new, clean with a balcony where you can sit back, relax and enjoy the view overlooking the dome. Moreover, the room is well equipped with necessary facilities, amenities, wifi and free minibar. I am trying very hard to find any misses but everything is just well placed to perfection. Yet, I have more to say about this warm and cozy place. Thanks Gabriele who carries on the family tradition and runs this place with great passion. You have made this place fantastic, not because of its physical architecture but spiritual human pleasure. Thanks to Cristina who had been the informative city guide, showing us nice city spots and good local restaurants. Last but not least, special thanks to Maria who went extra miles to make sure the best meal had been served. My friend has a special dietary condition, allergic to gluten, milk, cheese, anything with high histamine, Maria simply did her best to serve her.

Special note to new comer, this hotel also provides complimentary home call, happy hours (free bar from 6:30-8:00 pm). How could you miss that, the opportunity to mingle with other travelers. All in all, I would call this place "the hotel-like home stay" with superb generosity. Hope to come back here in the near future

Room Tip: Room no. 30 & 31 are simply our favorites
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear Guests,

A special thank to both of you who understood exactly our way to welcome our Guests here at he David.....it a matter of feelings not architecture!
My best wishes for this coming Christmas and all the best for the new year coming!

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Hotel David was one of our favorite places to stay while we travelled through Italy and Croatia throughout September. The staff where so pleasant and helpful, as our son got sick and we had to go the Mayer Children's Hospital. Their help and concern for him showed great understanding and compassion that we will always have found memories of our stay. The rooms are clean. And the evening drinks and snacks create a sense of belonging, where you sit and chat to other guests regarding their daily adventures in this wonderful city. Also as we had a car it was very easy to get in and out of the city to do some daily trips from where Hotel David is situated. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 1jking

Dear Guest,

I'm so happy to hear that your son is well and still carry a good memory of your trip to Italy! I hope to be able to welcome you in the future even with our the need to visit the hospitality again!
My best wishes for a merry Christmas and a good beginning new year!

Reviewed 16 December 2013

This is a hidden jewel in Firenze. My wife and I were looking for a place to stay for two nights and we feel extremely lucky to have come across this hotel. I'm a consultant so I've stayed at numerous hotels in many different countries but this one is by far the most pleasant cute little hotel.

Here are some highlights:
1) free parking in firenze, which is just rare. you would have to pay about eur25 per night for parking in firenze.
2) free mini bar - they'll refill your minibar each day. you get everything in the minibar for free
3) free breakfast - breakfast is also very delicious here. it has a good variety and tasty food
4) happy hour - from 630pm to 800pm, you can enjoy the happy hour for free. you get free wine, beer, juice, cookies, chips, and other finger foods
5) from 9 pm to 12am, you have hard liquor for free.
6) the hotel staff are extremely friendly. probably the friediest staffs I've encountered thus far
7) the room is very neat and cute. i've been to different rooms in europe but this one has its own charm. the room uses space very well and is very neat. the comforter also isn't a cheap two layer one that you'd see at other hotels. nice comforter and bed in a very cozy and cutely decorated room.
8) the ONLY downside of this hotel is its location. it is located about 1.5 miles away from the center of firenze. BUT it is located right off the water/bridge so you'll have a nice walk from this hotel to downtown firenze in 15-20 minutes. all the pros more than make up for the location. we highly recommend hotel david.

Ciao!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jane D
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Guest,

I thank you for coming to stay with us I'm happy you had good time and you took advantage of out freebies that our Guests love so much....see you soon and in the meantime I wish you all the best for this Xmas and for the new year coming!

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

No doubt, the best in our florence trip.
No need to alibirate. The hotel is perfect. The staff is great. Happy hour right on.
Special thanks to maria and gabriel.
Had the time of our life.
Lovely location, close enough to the main attractions.

HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Nice to hear from you and I'm glad you had good time with us and I'm so happy to be your N1 in your listing! It will be a pleasure to welcome you next time you decide to come to Florence...
I wish you all the best for the new year coming.