“Best 3-star hotel ever!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel David

Hotel David
Ranked #1 of 421 Hotels in Florence
Singapore, Singapore
“Best 3-star hotel ever!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Hotel David for 5 nights in early December and this hotel is exactly what the reviews have made it to be and more! The staff from reception to breakfast service - Cristina, Vittoria, Maria, Michael, Joel were warm and had a great service attitude. I liked the homely feel of Hotel David. Rooms were big and clean and the bathroom looked recently refurbished with dual sinks and a great shower space with Grohe shower heads. Wifi was available in rooms and at a good speed. I will not repeat the rest of what other guests have mentioned. Prior to booking the hotel, I had called the hotel to ask a few questions and Mr Cecioni had highlighted that the hotel is not in the town centre itself but is a 15-20 walk and a 5 min bus journey away which is no hassle for me. This is a propert that is excellently managed and I congratulate Mr Cecioni for raising the bar for all fellow hoteliers to emulate!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Audrey P
Dear Guest,

I thank you very much for your words of appreciation and be sure that we will raise the bar next year too to make this place even better for all of you coming in 2014!
I wish you all the best for the new year coming!
Gabriele Cecioni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Lees Summit, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

My husband, 2 daughters, ages 16 & 19 spent three nights at Hotel David from December 21-December 24 during our Christmas trip to Italy. We cancelled our original reservation after reading so many positive reviews about Hotel David and booked 2 rooms for our family---the best decision of our trip thus far! The rooms were pristine, the gathering areas were warm and inviting and the interaction between hotel guests during the nightly happy hour was unforgettable. The morning breakfast is not to be missed!! We are now in Rome until December 27th and our daughters keep saying, "We miss Hotel David!" Our expectations were high and this hotel did not disappoint!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Jodey S
Dear Guest,

We are very happy you spent with us your Xmas holidays and I'm so glad you where not disappointed ! I wish you all the best for the new year coming!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

We stayed at the hotel David for 3 nights for my husbands 50th birthday, it was just lovely. All the staff were so friendly, nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable, it was November but the hotel was lovely and warm. The first mini bar is free, At 6pm every evening the hotel puts on a lovely little buffet of canapes nice wine and fresh juice, you just help yourself. I have stayed in a lot of hotels and this is definitely at the top of the list, excellent little hotel

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your post there is always a bit of exitement when you book an hotel for a so important happening and expectation goes high and when things go right.....
I wish you a good ending and top beginning!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

I was wondering what was so special about this hotel as I was looking through the pictures. I just checked in and I can already tell you the room totally blew out expectations! And what was even more fantastic was that upon check in we were given a page to highlight what additional things we would be getting during our stay for FREE. I can see why this hotel got the number one spot in Florence on TripAdvisor. Well done.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

You make us very proud of our way of welcoming our Guests and I'm sure you understood the secret of our hotel which is the feeling of.....
My best wishes for happy ending and the best beginning of 2014!
New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

After reading such wonderful reviews, we booked here. It was the second most expensive of our entire trip to Europe but it was worth it. We had a large suite right on the top floor of the hotel with a terrace that looked out towards the city skyline. We spent almost every evening sitting out on our terrace just enjoying the cool air and the view.
From the moment we arrived we were treated like old friends instead of guests and it made all the difference. We cant thank the staff enough for their friendliness and hospitality- it was a highlight of all our accommodation. The rooms were very clean and well furnished and did I mention the space - we had so much room! There was even a small alcove where we had our very own massage chair and it was definitely put to use after all the walking we did during the day.

The breakfasts were amazing, a great selection of delicious food and we ate there every day. The hotel is a little distance from the city on the other side of the river but we caught buses and it was never really an issue (other than trying to figure out which bus!).

The hotel is on a busy road so it was noisy with the door open but that didn't distract at all. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Pay extra and get the room with a terrace
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank TheRocksKiwi1
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your kindness I'm so happy you felt like at home and I'm sure you will be back some day in the future and we will be here!
My best,
US
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

I was a little sceptical about the rave reviews but the Hotel David lived up to them. Staff is wonderful, room was quiet, and the exercise to get to the historic area did us good. I've been telling everyone about the Hotel David.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor. We could see the Duomo from the balcony and it was quiet at night, import...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We all thank you for your post I'm happy to read that despite your doubts you had good time with us...see you next time then!
My best,
Downers grove, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

What a great setting for an anniversary trip to Italy!! Talk about getting you into the European feel. This boutique hotel is essentially a B&B. The rooms are adorable, there's wine and cheese in the afternoon, an honor bar for drinks, and it's walking distance to downtown Florence along the river. Doesn't get any better. The staff are very helpful too.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I'm very happy you were not disappointed as you came for a so special event! Already planning your next anniversary trip?
My best wishes for a happy new 2014!