“Wonderful stay”
Review of Hotel David

Hotel David
Ranked #1 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We took the train from Rome to Florence. It was a lovely ride. When we arrived in Florence, we took a bus to the hotel. However, the bus driver did not advise us when to get off as we asked, so we passed it. When we finally arrived, tired and hungry, the staff graciously greeted us. Two came out and took our luggage to the room for us. We were meet in our room by a bottle of champagne and a small cake to celebrate our anniversary! The staff at the front desk were extremely helpful in answering our question and giving us directions to where we wanted to go, They would tell us what bus to take and where to catch it. They made wonderful suggestions for restaurants and shopping, even providing a detail map of the area. The breakfast was very nice and varied. We will definitely stay here again. Thank you David and staff

Room Tip: They have some room with balconies, but you have to ask for one soon, since they book up fast.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear Guest,

I thank you for coming to stay with us for a so special occasion... can you believe this passed year we had over 120 anniversaries and 89 wedding trips!
I wish you a wonderful beginning of 2014!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I'm always a bit apprehensive about staying in hotels with consistently good reviews, do they have a lot of friends or encourage people to write up after they leave. Not the Hotel David, they deserve everything that is said about them, the quality of the hotel, attentive staff and the personal touches. Thanks particularly to Cristina on reception and Maria who dealt with th catering so effortless to make everyone's stay so special.

Room Tip: A room at the back may be quieter in the hot weather, when windows are open
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Foodiemum3_12
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Guest,
I thank you first to trust Hotel David and its followers Guest who before you left a review of the hotel on this traveler site! We try to offer to our Guests the best compromise price quality and services but remember we are not a luxury hotel and we are not downtown but 20 minutes walking to downtown!
I wish you all the best for 2014.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Booked 3 rooms before and during Christmas as we stayed with our kids. We are Starwood members so often pick Westin or Sheratons, but this hotel has charm, comfort and an exceptionally attentive and hospitable staff. I would return here anytime.. The distance from the core downtown is not that far and very manageable.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PadanMontreal
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Dear Guest,
I thank you for coming to stay with us I'm very happy you appreciate of efforts to make this place special for the travelers and it will be a pleasure for me to welcome you next time you decide to come to visit Firenze.
My wishes for a good beginning of this 2014!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

This hotel is situated outside the town center so it is convenient if you are using a car. It is very clean and well-kept. The staff is very friendly and attentive. The hotel organises two 'happy hours' every evening, before and after dinner time. This gives the chance to clients to meet each other and socialize and to have interesting discussions. We met people from all over the world. The bedrooms are old-style, comfortable with brand new bathroom/WC. There is no sound isolation so do expect to be woken up from other guests or the cleaners, but that's ok as you do need to go out and visit amazing Florence. To do so you can jump on the tourist bus that passes right in front of the hotel. To walk to the center you will need about 15 minutes.

I have to give a special word of thanks to the hotel staff for being very attentive and accommodating when I felll ill and needed to be rushed to hospital. We were even allowed to stay in the bedroom a little bit longer when we were leaving, as I had just been discharged.

Overall, a hotel to return to if you are a traveler not in search of luxury but just need a homely, comfortable, clean place to stay, with friendly service.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your post, I'm very happy you had good time with us and as you said we are not a luxury hotel and we are living an old building with some defects for sure but with a lot of character!
My sincere wishes for a happy new year!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed here two nights with two adults and one college student. Rooms were very large and spacious and the extra bed for our college student was larger and longer than a twin which was nice. Our stay was more like staying in someone's home rather than a hotel. There was some street noise at night but not terrible with ear plugs. There are also automatic shades (small switch near window) that some people may not be aware of or notice. It would be nice if they would inform guests about the shades. Breakfast was very good. Wi-Fi was also good. The only downside was the distance of the location. It is in a nice neighborhood and we didn't mind the walk into town the first morning but after walking all day it would have been quite a hike. We took a bus back in the evening but had to wait at least 20 minutes in the cold before the bus arrived and we were lucky to get on because it was packed. The next day we also used the but and again waited at least 20 minutes. They do not come by as regularly as they are scheduled. There was also a bus strike on Sunday but that was the day we were leaving. The buses also stop running around 8 p.m. so if you want to go back into town for dinner you will either have to walk or take a taxi back to the hotel. The taxis ran about 15 euro into town or from town. So just be aware of the distance and potential walking/bus/taxi issues when booking this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Guest,

I thank you for coming to stay with us and I'm glad you had good time with us, I thank you for the useful notice about the shades that here are electric....
I'm sorry you were here during a week bus strike so you had a bit of a trouble with public transportation we confirm that we are 20 minutes off from Ponte Vecchio and I suggest all our potential Guests to consider this before making a reservation at Hotel David!
I sincere wishes of a happy ending and best beginning of new year!

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Beautiful family run hotel with friendly staff. Free snacks and drinks during happy hour. Honesty bar in place rest of the time. Our room was tastefully decorated with all modern conveniences. The personal service that you receive as a guest does not go unnoticed.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Guest,

I thank you for coming to stay with us, I'm so happy you had good time here and glad you noticed our different way to welcome our Guests.
I wish you all the best for the new year coming!

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Hotel David for 5 nights in early December and this hotel is exactly what the reviews have made it to be and more! The staff from reception to breakfast service - Cristina, Vittoria, Maria, Michael, Joel were warm and had a great service attitude. I liked the homely feel of Hotel David. Rooms were big and clean and the bathroom looked recently refurbished with dual sinks and a great shower space with Grohe shower heads. Wifi was available in rooms and at a good speed. I will not repeat the rest of what other guests have mentioned. Prior to booking the hotel, I had called the hotel to ask a few questions and Mr Cecioni had highlighted that the hotel is not in the town centre itself but is a 15-20 walk and a 5 min bus journey away which is no hassle for me. This is a propert that is excellently managed and I congratulate Mr Cecioni for raising the bar for all fellow hoteliers to emulate!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Audrey P

Dear Guest,

I thank you very much for your words of appreciation and be sure that we will raise the bar next year too to make this place even better for all of you coming in 2014!
I wish you all the best for the new year coming!