“Very nice hotel, good choice for Florence” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel David

Hotel David
Ranked #1 of 421 Hotels in Florence
Irvine
“Very nice hotel, good choice for Florence”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

Location: The hotel is not far from the train station. If you take a taxi, it will cost between 10-12 euro. You can also take a bus and it's quite convenience. The hotel website has a detail description of transportation to hotel. It's not at the center of the attractions, it's always a 10-20 minutes commute before you get to any attractions. I didn't mind because it means a quieter neighborhood for sleeping, but I know some people might find that annoying.

The room: The room is very spacious. Only shower is available, no bath. Room condition is excellent. They put two full size bed together and make it a king size bed. I can feel the gap between the two beds. I don't know if this is the case for other rooms as well.

Food: I didn't like the breakfast selections. I like how they offer free happy hours. There are two happy hours: one before dinner time and one late happy hour. There's a mini bar in the room and drink/food is free. As water is charged everywhere in Italy, I find the free water very valuable.

Staff: friendly staff and very helpful

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank icewine1127
Dear Guest,

I thank you for coming to stay with us I'm happy to read that you had good time with us and you appriciated our effort to do our best to provide a good mix of services and efficent reception.
Gabriele Cecioni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Vacaville, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

I was here a couple of years ago and enjoyed my stay so when I came back to Florence for the weekend, of course I came back to Hotel David! They've recently remodeled so they are accessible, which is kind of unusual in Italy. The rooms are large and have nice modern amenities - like a free mini bar and good wifi (free!). The staff is amazing. The free amenities are wonderful - free printing, free wifi, breakfast, happy hour, free after dinner cocktails, and I could go on and on. It's not downtown but it's walking distance to Ponte Vecchio and there is a bus stop literally in front of the hotel. Try to get one of the rooms on the third floor for a view of the Duomo - and tons of electrical outlets as they are recently redone.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank jardee
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your nice words of appreciation I'm very happy that our standard rooms can match Us standard and I'm happy to be your N.1 in town!
Lynnwood
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

I tried to book one of the larger rooms for my husband's first trip to Italy. It is my experience that a "small" room in Europe is teeny tiny to American standards. There was only a small room available so I booked it hoping to upgrade when we arrived. After arrival, I was told we had 2 "small" rooms to choose from. The first one was much larger than I expected and was fantastic. But, the second one was a floor higher and had a balcony! The room was ample. The bathroom was large with a nice walk-in shower. The balcony was lovely to sit out on in the evening. The bed was comfortable. Front desk and breakfast staff wonderful. We took advantage of the patio happy hour a couple evenings and met nice folks. I noticed that many of the guests were English speaking from Australia and Great Britain. It was nice being on the "other" side of the river and having that beautiful walk into downtown Florence. So far, this is the BEST lodging I have had in all Europe for the price. I hope to return to Florence and will definitely stay at Hotel David.

Room Tip: The small rooms aren't small at all!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank scrockett57
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your post I'm so happy you had good time with us and we were able to go over your expectations!
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

Very welcoming small hotel with some great features - free drinks and nibbles, great sitting area to chat with fellow guests over a glass of wine, and learn how to get the best from your trip. The walk into the centre is an attractive one along the river. There are plenty of family run restaurants within 10 minutes walk, or an up-market Italian just over the road. When you arrive just ask and information on getting into and out of Florence, and about its attractions is to hand. deserving of its No 1 spot!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rick A
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your post and I'm so happy you had good time with us and you enjoyed our hospitality and I'm sure you will be back.
Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

....and that, in a city like Florence!
The trick is easy....take a good location (just outside city centre), excellent transport opportunities (bus D to ponte Vecchio, bus 23 to almost everywhere else), free parking (!!!), lovely rooms, fantastic shower, excellent breakfast (thank you Maria!!), free happy hour drinks and snacks and free night-cap amaretto, enthusiastic, smiling, helpful staff (special thanks to Cristina), free mini-bar refills, excellent wifi coverage (free of course...), macbooks and printer in the lounge - then ensure that it's all sparkling clean and super comfortable......see, it's easy!! Probably the best value for money we've had in a hotel in a long time. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Our room was on the top floor, very quiet even with the windows open.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WanderingFungi
Dear Guest,

You are right we are a 3 star hotel and we apologize for our Guests who wish we are a luxury hotel but we are not! All we can do is to do our best to provide the best compromise quality price with with a smiling efficient Staff!
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

this hotel is one of the best i've ever stayed in, the people where happy and funny as well as helpful. it is only a 5 min walk along the river into florence, free mini bar and even free drinks later on in the evening i couldn't believe it was only a 3 star hotel i totaly loved the place. 10 out of 10 for everything. thanks hotel david me and my girlfriend love you!

Room Tip: ask for a balcony room if you are a smoker
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We love you Guests, you always support our effort to make this place special and we are so happy you had good time with us!
Millstone, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

2 star hotel-American standard; European-3star. lack of restaurants nearby. good deli across the street. long walk to ponti veccio. bus stops @8;00 pm requiring costly taxi back. charming surroundings. very helpful staff. appreciate freebees especially internet. breakfast not great .ridiculously small tv. helpful, enthusiastic staff. recommend hotel for avid walkers only. stayed for 4 nights . preferred Sorrento/amalfi coast to Florence.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank meboo2
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Every country has different standard and ones it's not a secret for anyone that we are 20 minutes from Ponte Vecchio I remind you that the only thing we cannot modify is our location but you can choose between many others downtown!