“Just keeps getting better”
Review of Hotel David

Hotel David
Ranked #2 of 412 Hotels in Florence
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Just keeps getting better”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Do yourself a favor and book this hotel if you are coming to Florence. This is my second time to stay at the Hotel David. We booked several months in advance, and we asked for room 31 because it has a terrace with a view of the Duomo. The room is incredibly large, with a great shower, and a very comfortable bed. They serve a great breakfast with eggs, bacon, pastries, cereal, and the man that works the breakfast is very nice and makes a great cappuccino. We love how friendly and helpful everyone is that works there. It was nice to make a phone call home even if my daughter didn't answer. I really liked the after dinner drinks. I have never found that at any other hotel. It truly feels like your home away from home. Thanks to the Hotel David for making me love Florence more.

Room Tip: Rooms 30 and 31 are spacious and have views of the Duomo
3 Thank Johnh415
HDavid, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Guest,

You have to improve if you want to feel alive....and we try to do our best to deserve all the nice words of appreciation we read on the reviews!
Gabriele Cecioni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Stamford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We spent 3 nights in the Hotel David in February in room 22. The room had its own balcony and was well appointed, although I would not describe it as luxurious. Nice large fluffy towels in the bathroom with a selection of good quality toiletries.

The edge that this hotel has is in the ambience created by the staff and other guests. The distance from the main sights (although easily walkable and not a problem) is offset by the extras provided to enhance the Hotel David experience.

It was lovely to spend time with the other guests in the evening over a glass of wine, or Italian liqueur and share information on restaurants, places to visit, how to get around etc.

Breakfast, was perfectly adequate, although the cooked items (eggs and bacon) were lukewarm. The free minibar and crisps were much appreciated, as was the welcome cake – a nice touch.

The staff were extremely efficient and very personable, overall a very pleasant stay.

1 Thank The_Wild_Edge
HDavid, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Guest,

I thank you for coming to stay with us I'm very happy you had good time and you are right we are well appointed but not luxurius!
Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Reviewed 27 February 2014

While visiting Rome, we decided to go to Florence, thanks to trip adviser I booked at hotel David. It is everything the reviews say and more. The rooms, even the small, are so comfortable. The bathroom good sized. The hotel is co cozy, the staff incredible nice. Always ready to help. The hotel is SUPER clean, they include several amenities in the room price, such as wifi, mini bar, breakfast. They explained how to take the bus, which is right next to the hotel, and takes you all around Florence ( the D bus ) we even took it when we left with our luggage to take the train back to Rome. Great experience, I will definitely go back if I can find rooms, lol.

HDavid, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I thank you for coming to stay with us, we are very happy you have spent good time with us and I assure you that we will do our best so that all our Guest will do the same!
Brenham, Texas
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My favorite place to stay when I am in Italy. The staff was friendly and the hotel felt like home. Breakfast, though a bit eccentric, was delicious. My only complaint was that it took my family and I a couple hours to find it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I thank you for coming to stay with us I'm so happy you had good time with us our buffet breakfast is a mixture of our traditions so that can please everyone and gives you the possibility to try also something different. PLease follow the indication you find on our official website if you come by car!
Dublin
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

For once a hotel genuinely lives up to all the reviews it receives. Affordable, clean, spacious rooms, friendly staff and really friendly environment. This hotel has it all.
The staff were really friendly and helpful. Micheal found my wallet and returned it with not a penny missing. Christina made me a cup of coffee at 5am while I was awaiting a taxi to the airport. She also booked dinner for me at the osteria delle tre panche (highly recommended) Outstanding staff.
The rooms are large, clean and the bathrooms are very modern with an excellent shower. Good bathroom products many made from local olive oil.
Breakfast was well catered for with cold meats, cheeses, many different breads and cakes. Coffee and teas. The choice of eggs were the only disappointment.
The hotel has a wonderful happy hour when you can have a drink, some light food and meet other guests which was nice.
The hotel is a good 10-15 minute walk from the ponte vecchio/central area but you can get the 23 bus just outside the hotel which brings you very close to centre. Hotel sells bus tickets.
If you are coming from airport the bus will leave you at SMN station and you can get 12 bus directly from the station to the hotel. The hotel is at the bottom of the Viale Michelangelo.
This hotel helped make the trip a wonderful experience. I would gladly stay at his hotel again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I thank you for coming to stay with us Micael and Cristina say hello and remind you clearly!
We are ready to welcome you next time you decide to come to Florence but mind better your wallet this time!
Haywards heath
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Beautiful!!!!! Lovely terrace breakfasts and happy hour lovely room cleanliness you got free wi-fi and free mini bar ( without refills ). Also has a taxi rank outside and a bus stop the best hotel ever me and my family have returned and enjoyed it again .

• Stayed September 2013
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I thank you for posting your review, I'm very happy you had good time with us from November 2013 minibar in the room is free and refilled every day!
Whanganui, New Zealand
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed in this hotel over the New Year break with my grown up son and his fiancé. Having taken ages to find accommodation which would suit us all we were not disappointed.
The rooms were beautiful and tastefully decorated and we were made to feel very welcome, from our hosts and the other guests. We chose a triple room but were given two rooms, on single and one double for the same price. The was a lovely surprise. Our rooms were connected by a delightful lobby with art books and beautiful pictures to suit the tone for Florence.
Everything the other guests rave about was true and I can't help telling all my friends that they must stay in this hotel when they visit this city. We enjoyed the breakfasts and happy hour as well as the New Year's champagne! Our hosts could not have been more helpful and helpful Thank you for such a wonderful stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I thank you for coming to stay with us I'm so happy to see that we were not disappointed and I'm sure next time you decide to come to Florence it will be at Hotel David!
My best