“Deserves the rating it's got!”
Review of Hotel David

Hotel David
Ranked #1 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed one night at this hotel and chose it based on the rating and other visitors comments. We were not disappointed, the hotel is clean everything works and is perfectly situated for the centre. The staff are so helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
HDavid, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for coming to stay with us I'm very happy you enjoyed your sojourn in Florence and you have good memory about.
Gabriele Cecioni

Write a ReviewReviews (3,325)

Reviewed 21 June 2014

If you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of Florence, this is the hotel for you. A brisk 20-30 minute walk from town. Comfortable rooms with a free mini bar. A happy hour with wine and snacks and a chance to mingle with others.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
HDavid, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your post I'm glad you had good time here and I'm pleased you took advantage of our free services like happy our and free minibar....

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Just finished our stay at this wonderful hotel. Situated in a brilliant position for all tourist interests and bus stops right outside of the hotel to take you into the chaotic city centre, this hotel offered everything we wished for and provided the most superb customer service.
Not swanky in any way just a very comfortable typically Italian hotel . Staff who go the extra 5 miles to help and look after every need of their guests.
Happy hour free drinks every evening, free 10 minute phone call to most worldwide destinations and lovely departing gift of toiletries.
Comfortable rooms and quiet air-con!
Continental breakfast that is perfectly adequate and well presented.
The most unpretentious of hotels that offers five star customer service.
Can't recommend highly enough!
A quick comment on Florence it throngs with cars in all pedestrian areas so you need eyes in the back of your head and as road surfaces are very old and uneven the ultimate comfort in shoes!

Room Tip: Room 30 is very spacious and comfortable with fabulous terrace that offers great views of Florence...
1  Thank Linda C
HDavid, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I'm very happy you had good time here at the David we are trying every day to provide the best service possible for us....

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This hotel is the sweetest hotel ever. The staff is always happy and they are always accommodating. Location couldn't be better and breakfast is fun too!! Highly recommend this place and it's great for families too!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I thank you for coming to stay with us and I'm happy you liked our location too!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I would echo the previous comments, very friendly, helpful staff, nothing was too much trouble. The extras were fantastic, free wi fi, free 10 minute international call each day, and of course, free drinks and snacks each evening. Great breakfast and pleasant, leisurely walk into the city centre.
Large bedroom, with spacious bathroom, very clean, and quiet, even facing the road.
Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone, thanks to all the staff for making our stay so wonderful.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for coming to stay with us we are glad you liked our place and you appreciated our effort to make your stay as more enjoyable as possible.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The hotel lived up to all the above & beyond service that is given in many reviews. Truly first class with their warmth & recommendations. However, avoid room 14. Very disappointed in the room and the bathroom window on the same sight level as the neighbor's balcony. We could see and hear the folks on the balcony clearly while using the toilet. No shade on window...just fogged glass. Very very weird layout.

We reserved our room 6 months prior and appear to have gotten the worst room. Heard some others got tremendous rooms only booking a few weeks earlier at same price point.

Other than this issue, strongly recommend Hotel David.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank IKE48
HDavid, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I have spoken with you personally and despite I agree that it is a strange setting but as I told you in person sometimes when you convert an old villa into an hotel this things might happen but to be honest there is a fogged glass and a roller shutter.....and regarding other Guests who booked closer to date than you and had a better room depends how long you and the other people were staying and also how the bookings where matching with the others.
I apologize not to have been able to change the position of the bathroom window but is was the only solution possible.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I seriously regret not staying at Hotel David longer. Immediately you feel how that extra mile in service can make the difference. It was more than just being efficient and polite. There is a warmth that can be immediately felt in this family run business. The rooms are simple but practical and clean. I agree with previous comments about the bathroom being wonderful and bed comfy.
The location is ok. A 10 minutes or so walk (or shorter bus ride) to the main part of town, but its a nice stroll along the river. It will be my first choice if I have to chance to return to Florence.

1  Thank Drc80

Dear Guest,

I'm glad you had good time with us and despite this is a family run place we try to do our best to make you feel at home trying to provide the best service possible.