“Beautiful Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 412 Hotels in Florence
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Hotel”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Simply the best hotel we've stayed in. We stayed here for two nights at the beginning of our honeymoon. The staff were amazing and so helpful with their tips for utilising your time in Florence. The room was stunning and the view from our balcony was outstanding. There's a reason this is number 1 in Florence..... !!! We will be back !!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
HDavid, Direttore generale at Hotel David, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I thank you for choosing Hotel David for a so special occasion and I'm even happier you carry with you good memories!
Gabriele Cecioni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I do not normally write reviews but really felt compelled to after staying at hotel david recently. I have stayed in many hotels and many of them luxury 5 star and the service at hotel David is up there with the best. The hotel itself is not located in the centre of town but I was glad to be away from the hustle and bustle and it was a lovely 15 min walk along the river to get the centre. The ambiance of the hotel is lovely. The free happy hour at 6pm is the perfect way to start your evening and the breakfast is wonderful too. Fast reliable wifi, free drinks in the room and really helpful staff that cannot do enough for you make this hotel one of the best. Don't change what you are doing hotel david because its awesome! I will be back with my family again soon. Karen Beck

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Karen B
Dear Madam,

Thank you for your words of appreciation we are not changing anything we will add some other free service and some additional tips we are planning for next year.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Everything that needs to be said about this hotel is in the thousands of reviews already on here so I won't repeat things too much. The staff can't do enough for you and that makes a big difference to your stay. Location, happy hour, the bar, bedrooms and breakfast are all perfect. Don't even think about booking anywhere else. Thank you for making our first ever trip to Italy a memorable one.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I'm so happy you carry good memories about your trip to Florence we really do our best because nowadays it is so important not to waist time and we want you to be happy here!
Waterloo, Belgium
Reviewed 1 July 2014

From the warm welcome to the mini bar, the cake brought to our room on the first night..this place is worth the walk! It is not located in the center of Florence, but it is about a 20-25 min walk (with two 7 year olds). The walk to and from is beautiful! Upon arrival the staff offered us 2 adjoining rooms (one for the adults and one for the kids) instead of the room with 4 beds. What a great surprise to have our own private space! We enjoyed the drinks in the minibar when we arrived back at the hotel at night and took the water with us on our excursions during the day. Great service, clean room and free mini bar!
cons..a little out of the way and could hear street noise in the a.m. when the garbage trucks came by.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I thank you for coming to stay with us! I'm so happy you enjoyed even the small things like the welcome little cake in the room and all our services that make your stay more enjoyable.
Coventry, Rhode Island
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This place was beautiful. It was very modern, especially the shower, with its rainforest showerhead. We got 2 double rooms. Both were very nice, but one was especially nice, with its balconies and lemon trees. I loved the 1-free minibar. The breakfast room was fantastic. The assortment of food was excellent and the sun coming in was very welcome. The staff was really nice and helpful. There’s a very refreshing outside happy hour with snacks that even our kids liked. You’ll get some exercise walking to the main attractions, but it’s not that hard of walk. Even closer is the Plaza Michelangelo where you can get great views of the city. There’s a bus stop very close to the hotel, which we took advantage of. We’d definitely stay here again if we go back to Florence.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I'm so happy you carry good memories of our hotel even after long time and now in 2014 the minibar is refill every day!
Cheshire
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Relax away from the crowds, this hotel continues to deliver what it promises. Frequent buses (tickets can be bought at the hotel) will take you over the Arno to all the sites. Well planned rooms, excellent choice at breakfast, free mini bar and excellent happy hour. Friendly, helpful staff and good local restaurants. Free secure parking what else can one ask for?

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I thank you for coming to stay with us at the David I'm so glad you liked our location our from the crowd of downtown area and I'm sure I will have the honor to welcome you next time you decide to come to Florence.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Another exceptional review of the hotel David. This place, honestly, was the best place we stayed on our entire trip and we stayed at some pretty cool places. Everybody was so nice and helpful. Don't need to worry about the snob factor either; didn't exist. We aren't fancy, but they still made us feel welcome. Our only mistake was only staying here one night as we didn't want to leave.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Guest,

I thank you for coming to stay with us and I'm nice that you hate to leave means that you had good time here with us!