“Wonderful Place”
Review of Hotel David

Hotel David
Ranked #1 of 409 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We recently spent a week in Florence and Gabriele and his staff were the best.
The hotel is in a great location, and everyone at the hotel was so nice to us.
Their recommendations for restaurants were superb and the free parking
is non-existent in the city. The breakfasts were delicious and happy hour delights were
wonderful after a day walking the beautiful city. We would highly recommend
it to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Thomas E
HDavid, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I'm happy you had good time here at the David and I see you enjoyed our way to welcome you and all our services too!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Having arrived just yesterday from a 5 day trip to Florence, I had to come and write this review wile this experience is still printed on my memory. My wife, daughter and I stayed in Hotel David 4 nights in a triple room (number 2).

First of all let me tell you about the freebies, when I read them in the hotel site I though it was almost impossible, but it was true, a 10 minute call for free for a lot of countries, every day a minibar filled with some pepsi's, water bottles and beer. And from 6:30 pm till 8pm some drinks and aperitives that where awesome after a day walking around every inch of the city. In the end they also offered us some body and hair products the same they have in the rooms for you to use. The best part of the breakfast was without a dough the capuccino.

Second the staff, some of them were quiet until you had something to say, then it was always an open smile and they tried the most to help you with every request you have. For example on the first day we had a very specific request for the dinner and Sylvia ( hope I'm writing the name well) did not rest until she found us a restaurant that had what we wanted, she called at least 4 places and booked us a table.

For the hotel, it's amazingly beautiful, the room had a kingggg size bed and it was big enough for all of us. The only thing about the number 2 room is that it's near to a toilet but we were never bothered by it's use, the water pipes are a bit noisier but you can understand that because of the age of the city, but you only ear the one on your room, I've stayed in places where you ear the baths beside.

Overall we had an excellent stay in Hotel David, we even liked the fact that the Hotel was not near any of the major visits because when you needed to rest you could.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Paulo L

Dear Guest,

I'm very happy you had good time here at the David I'm sure you will be back in the future and we will be here for you!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Fantastic place. Very attentive and friendly staff. Nice area, close to everything. Rooms are immaculate and large. Outdoor patio and afternoon / evening appetizers and wine add a very nice touch. If you so inclined you can walk here from the train station, perhaps 35-45 minutes. Otherwise just take the bus. We backpack and find it more convenient to walk and enjoy the sites.

Room Tip: Room number 1 is beside a public bathroom and the sound can be loud if people are slamming the door...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CJ_Bronte

Dear Guest,

I thank you for staying with us and that you for the positive feedback about our location!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Hotel David, this privately owned hotel in Florence is a must stay. Located just outside of the hustle of downtown Florence,the service here rivals any major 5 star hotel, David is a small intimate hotel with a lovely garden patio offering happy hour each evening. Rooms are large and very well appointed, clean and comfortable. Excellent breakfast, warm inviting lobby with internet access and a free phone call home daily to certain countries. Wheelchair accessible , which is rare in Florence. Well done Hotel David, and will will return again. Thanks for the honeymoon bottle of champagne.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies, but the garden patio is lovely ,spacious and very fragrant from all of th...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank traveltheworld61

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your words of appreciation and we all wish you good luck for your new life together!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Simply the best hotel we've stayed in. We stayed here for two nights at the beginning of our honeymoon. The staff were amazing and so helpful with their tips for utilising your time in Florence. The room was stunning and the view from our balcony was outstanding. There's a reason this is number 1 in Florence..... !!! We will be back !!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
HDavid, Direttore generale at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I thank you for choosing Hotel David for a so special occasion and I'm even happier you carry with you good memories!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I do not normally write reviews but really felt compelled to after staying at hotel david recently. I have stayed in many hotels and many of them luxury 5 star and the service at hotel David is up there with the best. The hotel itself is not located in the centre of town but I was glad to be away from the hustle and bustle and it was a lovely 15 min walk along the river to get the centre. The ambiance of the hotel is lovely. The free happy hour at 6pm is the perfect way to start your evening and the breakfast is wonderful too. Fast reliable wifi, free drinks in the room and really helpful staff that cannot do enough for you make this hotel one of the best. Don't change what you are doing hotel david because its awesome! I will be back with my family again soon. Karen Beck

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Karen B
HDavid, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your words of appreciation we are not changing anything we will add some other free service and some additional tips we are planning for next year.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Everything that needs to be said about this hotel is in the thousands of reviews already on here so I won't repeat things too much. The staff can't do enough for you and that makes a big difference to your stay. Location, happy hour, the bar, bedrooms and breakfast are all perfect. Don't even think about booking anywhere else. Thank you for making our first ever trip to Italy a memorable one.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I'm so happy you carry good memories about your trip to Florence we really do our best because nowadays it is so important not to waist time and we want you to be happy here!