Hotel David
Grand Hotel Minerva(Florence)
US$390
US$373
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Florence Metropole(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$194
US$445
US$418
Travelocity
3,427 results
All reviewshappy hourfree mini barfree phoneminute phone callminute walkponte vecchioother guestsevery eveningwalk along the riverbus stoprecommend hotelbottle of champagnewonderful hotelhome away from homefavorite hotelour honeymoonloved this hotel
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Our room had two balconies, one shared with neighbouring room and one private, but both with great views over the Tuscan hills. The room was lovely, clean and welcoming. The staff helped us when we had questions about the local area and recommended places to go and see. The mini bar in the room was free as was the happy hour food and drink served every day outside, a great time to meet some of the other guests.

Room Tip: We had a room on the third floor at the back of the hotel with views out over the hills.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
HDavid, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I thank you for staying with us that room has no windows but 2 balconies...........

Reviewed 8 July 2014

From the moment my wife and I stepped into the reception area we immediately felt welcomed and relaxed. As it was our honeymoon, they put an extra little something waiting for us in the room, something which we were hugely grateful for. So much on offer at this place though! Great little breakfast, refilling (FREE) mini-bar, well placed to see the sights of Florence, free private parking and lovely rooms! The staff were always friendly and happy to help in any situation, even when our Italian wasn't the best. Have to say a massive thank you to them for helping us feel so relaxed and comfortable throughout our time!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I thank you very much for your kindness and the next time you decide to come we are here for you!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have been reading and using advice from trip advisor for years .. And I feel compelled to finally write a review .. My fiancé and I stayed at Hotel David for a few days.. While we we attending a friends wedding in Florence.. And we couldn't have been happier .. Great location to the city .. Room was fine .. Staff was pleasant .. Parking was a breeze .. And we loved the " happy hour " at the patio ... Highly recommend :)

Room Tip: Room with a balcony .. Fresh strawberries growing :)
Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ms_0hi0

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us and for your words of appreciation all the Staff is working hard to give you the best service possible!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We recently spent a week in Florence and Gabriele and his staff were the best.
The hotel is in a great location, and everyone at the hotel was so nice to us.
Their recommendations for restaurants were superb and the free parking
is non-existent in the city. The breakfasts were delicious and happy hour delights were
wonderful after a day walking the beautiful city. We would highly recommend
it to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Thomas E

Dear Guest,

I'm happy you had good time here at the David and I see you enjoyed our way to welcome you and all our services too!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Having arrived just yesterday from a 5 day trip to Florence, I had to come and write this review wile this experience is still printed on my memory. My wife, daughter and I stayed in Hotel David 4 nights in a triple room (number 2).

First of all let me tell you about the freebies, when I read them in the hotel site I though it was almost impossible, but it was true, a 10 minute call for free for a lot of countries, every day a minibar filled with some pepsi's, water bottles and beer. And from 6:30 pm till 8pm some drinks and aperitives that where awesome after a day walking around every inch of the city. In the end they also offered us some body and hair products the same they have in the rooms for you to use. The best part of the breakfast was without a dough the capuccino.

Second the staff, some of them were quiet until you had something to say, then it was always an open smile and they tried the most to help you with every request you have. For example on the first day we had a very specific request for the dinner and Sylvia ( hope I'm writing the name well) did not rest until she found us a restaurant that had what we wanted, she called at least 4 places and booked us a table.

For the hotel, it's amazingly beautiful, the room had a kingggg size bed and it was big enough for all of us. The only thing about the number 2 room is that it's near to a toilet but we were never bothered by it's use, the water pipes are a bit noisier but you can understand that because of the age of the city, but you only ear the one on your room, I've stayed in places where you ear the baths beside.

Overall we had an excellent stay in Hotel David, we even liked the fact that the Hotel was not near any of the major visits because when you needed to rest you could.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Paulo L

Dear Guest,

I'm very happy you had good time here at the David I'm sure you will be back in the future and we will be here for you!