Hotel David
US$396
US$321
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
NH Firenze Anglo American(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$171
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Golden Tower Hotel & Spa(Florence)
US$638
Hotel Davanzati(Florence)
US$357
Travelocity
3,397 results
All reviewshappy hourfree mini barfree phoneminute phone callminute walkponte vecchioother guestsevery eveningwalk along the riverbus stoprecommend hotelbottle of champagnewonderful hotelhome away from homefavorite hotelour honeymoonloved this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is a wonderful hotel. Charming. Lots of Ambiance. Clean, quaint rooms. Excellent service. We arrived at this hotel after a long flight from Orlando. The staff at check-in were really friendly and helpful. There was a small problem in our bathroom which we mentioned to the staff when we left for dinner. By the time we got back (only about an hour later), the problem had already been fixed. We slept comfortably. Although the breakfast was simple, it was really enjoyable. We sat outside on a covered patio. It was very nice. Upon checkout, they gave us a departure gift. What a great surprise. They also have a small parking area which if available is free-of-charge. The only reason I am not giving this hotel 5-stars is because of the location. It is a little off of the beaten track. It was about 8:00 pm and most everything in the area was closed. We had trouble finding something within walking distance to eat. I would highly recommend this hotel. It is a great base for Florence sightseeing. I hope I get to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank molly7707
HDavid, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I'm happy you had good time even if you felt to be a bit far and my only regret is that we could have given you some directions to the many restos in the area!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Wonderful hotel stay in Florence and what great service for the $. The rooms are beautiful and the staff and service impeccable. We were sorry to have to leave and almost cancelled our next stop to stay another night as we were sad to go. Between the 5 star service at extremely reasonable prices and a great location, this was one of the best values in Italy. Complementary happy hour, mini bar, breakfast and a going away package of body lotion and wash. Great garden area, lovely sitting room, free wifi, and a printer too! Absolutely can't wait to visit again, a great exploring point for all of Florence and free parking WOW!

Room Tip: I am sure every room is wonderful!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JuneNYCNY
HDavid, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your post I'm really happy you had good time with us and next time you decide to come we will be here for you.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

As the title states, I'd love to do my best to keep this place as much a secret as possible but can't hold back. During a 3 week trip seeing Rome, Sardinia, Venice, Cinque Terre, Florence and Tuscany (the last 3 being a combo), our home base was Hotel David in Florence. Close enough that you can leisurely walk it from Ponte Vecchio, Hotel David was our favorite place to stay. After telling our Cinque Terre tour guide about HD, he said, "Okay, I'm telling all of my friends and family to stay there when they visit, because it sounds like they're doing it right. They are. From the hand painted animals on the walls (find all of them!), the old school room key (you hand that to the front desk when you leave for the day), to the welcome cakes and hand written note in the room, to the comfortable bed, to the free mini bar, re-stocked every day, to the amazing antipasti spread and wine in the early evening, to the excellent breakfast each morning. It's ALL included! No extra charge! We will stay at Hotel David again and know that you will fall in love with this place.

Room Tip: We had a second floor room, with a balcony facing trees and looking down on the front courtyard. Amazing electric powered wood shutters for sleeping.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

I understand that when you find a place that it is special the first thing is to keep it secret.....so I double appreciate your gesture to share on tripadvisor!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

This is a great place to stay that is fairly close to city center. It is quiet and well maintained. The staff was extremely helpful, friendly and eager to assist in any questions we had about the area. Breakfast was good and the afternoon snacks were delicious, too.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Wendy L
HDavid, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Nice to hear you had good time here at the David and you took advantage of our services and I'm sure you will be back in the future!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

The hotel was lovely, great facilities including computer & printers down in main area. Rooms were spacious and comfortable, our balcony was a great extra. Breakfast had a wide range including eggs & bacon. Staff were so helpful & very friendly. Bonus to have free wine, beer & snacks in the evening. The only downside was the 20 mins walk to main attractions.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest,

I than you for coming to stay with us I'm glad you took advantage of our services here at he Hotel and anytime you decide to come back we will be here.