“Just perfect”

Ranked #1 of 422 Hotels in Florence
London
“Just perfect”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

From the wonderful welcome from the reception staff, to the beautifully decorated hallways and rooms, to the huge showers. Everything was perfect.

Every member of staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are spotlessly clean and a good size, The breakfast choice is vast and then you can either eat in the dinning room or walk down the stairs to the covered patio area.

The happy hour every evening is just that free wine and nibbles, laid out buffet style in the hotel garden, where there is a chance to socialize with your fellow guest, if you wish.

It is the perfect place to have a relaxing holiday.

I wish there was a Hotel David in every city I wanted to visit. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
HDavid, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your words of appreciation I'm glad you had good time with us and that you enjoyed our free services!
Gabriele Cecioni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Surrey
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We have just spent our third holiday at Hotel David and, as usual, we had a wonderful time. Gabriele and his team made us incredibly welcome and they were so helpful with assistance and advice when we needed it. Our room with private balcony was lovely and the charming garden is an ideal place to meet fellow guests at happy hour each evening. We would highly recommend this hotel for personal service above and beyond the norm.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are recommended
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
HDavid, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I thank you for trusting us so may times and I'm glad we were able to be consistent.....
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We had read the reviews about Hotel David so were looking forward to our stay and can only add our endorsement! Being able to park our rental car securely, then leave it for 4 days during our stay was great. Yes, the location is not in the heart of Florence but after a day of walking through the crowds, it was so wonderful to come over the bridge and ... relax. A nibble from the restocked mini bar, great shower, downstairs for Happy Hour, then out for dinner - what a finish to any day!
I needed to see a doctor when we arrived and the person on reception could not have been more helpful. I asked where was the closest doctor and he offered to call for me. After a brief discussion on the phone, he advised me that an English speaking doctor would be here within 20 mins to see me in our room. And he was!
All of the staff, from housekeeping to the owner, Gabriele, were friendly, helpful and would not walk past you without a smile and a hello.
We found some wonderful restaurants about 15 mins walk towards Ponte Vecchio, one street back from the river. The walk is along the river and quite safe. At reception, there is copies of a map of the area, with a variety of restaurants marked on it. We found the bus stop right outside very convenient, and my husband loved the large variety of books in the communal lounge room.
We would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting service and facilities that we thought were gone today. No, they are alive and well at Hotel David! Well done, and keep it up. It is refreshing and you deserve to be No 1.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RMMMOZ
Dear Guest,

Nice to see that you are well and you can enjoy your holiday and I'm happy that my receptionist Michele found for you the solution to your problems.
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Lovely little home away from home. Hotel David is a welcoming, charming little hotel. Our room (Number 6) was on the ground floor and was very large - a welcome surprise for our family of four. The bathroom was also large with a good shower - something you appreciate when you've been traveling for a while! The free amenities show how they just go that one step further, free wifi, free mini bar refill every day, free happy hour, free call home every day and of course breakfast! My one issue was the lack of curtains which I found very odd, it meant I didn't sleep well, and woke early with the sun each morning. Unfortunately on the last morning we found a button that said "shutters" for electric shutters!! I should have asked!! Every staff member we dealt with was welcoming and helpful, and I would definitely recommend Hotel David. Only 15-20 min walk from the centre of Florence, along the river so very pleasant.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your opportunity to remind to all our Guests that all rooms have electric shutters for having dark in the morning sun!
Coastal South Carolina, South Carolina
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a 3 wk trip to Italy, Greece & Turkey. Hotel David was our first stop in Florence and what a way to begin our trip. Highly exceeded our expectations in every way. Loved the setting in a beautiful neighborhood but with a bus stop right at the front door. It was like staying with family only better! Receives our highest recommendation of all the various places we stayed including Venice and Rome!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us I'm very happy you considered the David like home and I'm sure you will be back.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is a wonderful hotel. Charming. Lots of Ambiance. Clean, quaint rooms. Excellent service. We arrived at this hotel after a long flight from Orlando. The staff at check-in were really friendly and helpful. There was a small problem in our bathroom which we mentioned to the staff when we left for dinner. By the time we got back (only about an hour later), the problem had already been fixed. We slept comfortably. Although the breakfast was simple, it was really enjoyable. We sat outside on a covered patio. It was very nice. Upon checkout, they gave us a departure gift. What a great surprise. They also have a small parking area which if available is free-of-charge. The only reason I am not giving this hotel 5-stars is because of the location. It is a little off of the beaten track. It was about 8:00 pm and most everything in the area was closed. We had trouble finding something within walking distance to eat. I would highly recommend this hotel. It is a great base for Florence sightseeing. I hope I get to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank molly7707
Dear Guest,

I'm happy you had good time even if you felt to be a bit far and my only regret is that we could have given you some directions to the many restos in the area!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Wonderful hotel stay in Florence and what great service for the $. The rooms are beautiful and the staff and service impeccable. We were sorry to have to leave and almost cancelled our next stop to stay another night as we were sad to go. Between the 5 star service at extremely reasonable prices and a great location, this was one of the best values in Italy. Complementary happy hour, mini bar, breakfast and a going away package of body lotion and wash. Great garden area, lovely sitting room, free wifi, and a printer too! Absolutely can't wait to visit again, a great exploring point for all of Florence and free parking WOW!

Room Tip: I am sure every room is wonderful!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JuneNYCNY
HDavid, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your post I'm really happy you had good time with us and next time you decide to come we will be here for you.