“Friendly staff”

Ranked #2 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Dallas, Texas
“Friendly staff”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The hotel is located about 20-30 minutes walking distance from Florence historical sites. The hotel is located very close to bus stops. So, I used a bus to go to tourist sites for my 7-day stay at the hotel.
The staff are very friendly. The hotel provide excellent breakfast. However, the Happy Hour provides minimal amount of food, which is the same every day during my 7-day stay. I think it would have been much better if the hotel changes the food at Happy Hour.
The hotel is located at a quiet neighbor. There are a minimal number of restaurants around the hotel.
I stayed at the hotel during World Cup Soccer events. The room that I stayed has a very small TV, which is not good to watch soccer games which were televised around midnight. I think the size of the TV is laptop-sized TV, which is too small.
The hotel should have to provided a larger TV int he guest room. Lobby area has a TV. But, it is not convenient to watch TV at the lobby around midnight.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Chul A
Dear Guest,
I thank you for coming to stay with us and I'm happy you had good time with us I just remind you that our location is well described everywhere on line, our evening complementary happy hour is not a dinner but simply a way of socialize with other travellers drinking a glass of wine with some nibbles...and we are all sorry that the first part of the soccer world cup was televised so late but if you wish to see that real time like many other Guest did you could have joined us in the lobby area!
Gabriele Cecioni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Cornwall, New York
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We recently spent two weeks in Italy, and we fortunate to have chosen Hotel David for our three nights in Florence. What a jewel of a hotel! Sfilvia and the other staff could not be more accommodating, the room was excellent, the breakfast was comprehensive and delicious, the wifi worked well (not many of our hotels this trip could boast that), and even the parking was hassle-free. The night we arrived after a long drive, we settled right into their unexpected but really nice, complementary happy hour with snacks, and that was just a preview of the service and hospitality of Hotel David! This is a true full-service hotel dedicated to making their guests feel at home; we felt that we were treated like royalty. One last example,j ust to give you an idea of how it was, our departure date arrived and we had been unable to scale the duomo cupola due to long lines the previous afternoon. They allowed us to check out, leave our car in their lot, and accomplish the "duomo climb" while our belongings were cared for. When we went in to say goodbye, they greeted us with parting gifts and the offer of water or other refreshment (we probably looked hot after the 460 step climb up the duomo!) to help send us on our way. This customer service ethos permeates the whole hotel, and I would not hesitate to recommend it to any travelers looking for a wonderful place to stay in Florence.

1 Thank Louchuck
Dear Guest,
I thank for your words of appreciation I very happy you had good time with us here at the David and I even happier because you decided to share your experience with this community of tralellers!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We recently visited Florence and found Hotel David on Trip Advisors. Given all the positive reviews, we went ahead and booked rooms for our party. We are so glad we did. The staff was super friendly, courteous and always helpful (and all spoke english too). It's located on a beautiful shaded street a little distance away from the center of town. The hotel is full of old world charm with all the modern conveniences. A/C, private bath, well appointed rooms. Breakfast was served in typical buffet style and was very good, everything you might want. The happy hour each evening in the garden had beer, wine and snacks too! We did walk to the museums in the center of Florence, but it's a good 20 minute walk at a quick pace. Even the walk was reasonable, we used taxi's the next trips in and out of the city center. The taxi stand is right next to the hotel and fares are quite reasonable. Overall, we highly recommend Hotel David and will stay there again on our next trip to Florence.

1 Thank doug c
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your comment and I'm so happy you carry good memories about your trip to Florence and Hotel David too!
toronto
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is how all hotels should be. Everything was included, there were no extras or surprises. Breakfast was surprisingly wonderful. They had a beautiful patio for dining on and a good assortment of eggs, cereals, pastries, fruit, yogurt and cheeses. The room was great, amazing rain shower and good quality paraben free shampoos in environmentally friendly packaging. I especially loved the terrace and the hotel was nice enough to extend our check out by an hour so we could enjoy our coffees and books on our private balcony. This hotel is about a 20 minute walk from the city centre, but it is a beautiful walk and I would much rather stay here than in the middle of the crowds. They have a free daily happy hour at 630 pm which includes wine and appetizers and a beautiful courtyard to enjoy it in. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone.

1 Thank H2Obaby
Dear Guest,

I thank you for coming to stay with us I'm so happy you had good time with us and I consider myself very lucky to have so many happy Guests at the Hotel!
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Everything was perfect. Breakfast was great and even had sunny side up eggs. Room was quiet and balcony view beautiful. Happy hour is very relaxing. Bus stops are very close to the hotel. It is a short bus ride to IL David and the city.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jonny S
HDavid, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I thank you for coming to stay with us and I like your title!
London
Reviewed 20 July 2014

From the wonderful welcome from the reception staff, to the beautifully decorated hallways and rooms, to the huge showers. Everything was perfect.

Every member of staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are spotlessly clean and a good size, The breakfast choice is vast and then you can either eat in the dinning room or walk down the stairs to the covered patio area.

The happy hour every evening is just that free wine and nibbles, laid out buffet style in the hotel garden, where there is a chance to socialize with your fellow guest, if you wish.

It is the perfect place to have a relaxing holiday.

I wish there was a Hotel David in every city I wanted to visit. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.

HDavid, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your words of appreciation I'm glad you had good time with us and that you enjoyed our free services!
Surrey
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We have just spent our third holiday at Hotel David and, as usual, we had a wonderful time. Gabriele and his team made us incredibly welcome and they were so helpful with assistance and advice when we needed it. Our room with private balcony was lovely and the charming garden is an ideal place to meet fellow guests at happy hour each evening. We would highly recommend this hotel for personal service above and beyond the norm.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are recommended