“Great place to stay”
Review of Hotel David

Hotel David
Ranked #1 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 10 January 2009

A lovely place to stay with very helpful and friendly staff.
The pre-dinner free drinks was an excellent idea and allowed discussions with other travellers about their adventures.
The rooms were basic compared to Australian standards,but spacious for Italy with reasonably new bathroom and all required facilities. My parents even had a lovely 4 post bed!
Location was good. Bus just around the corner, several restaurants within walking distance, and a 15 / 20 min walk to centre of Florence and main tourist attractions.
Would definitely stay here again if I went back to Florence, good for couples and families.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2009

Dear Guest,

I definitely remenber you ! we had a nice talk next to the fire place one evening about your trip and snow resort in Austria.....I'm glad you liked the house and the 4 post bed yes it's truth it's really unique!
I will be here next time you decide to come back!

Reviewed 10 January 2009

Hotel David is a great place for anyone to stay. I espically liked the free food and drinks at happy hour everynight. I will never forget how great it was sitting round the fire.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2009

Dear Guest,

I thank you for writing on this travel community, I'm pleased that you enjoyed our happy hour in front of the fire place!! We usually lite the fire in wintertime...
My best,

Reviewed 5 January 2009

Great hotel in a great location. Rooms were clean and staff very attentive. Bathroom was nice, especially the shower which was hot and with good water pressure. Happy hour with hors d'ouvres was a huge plus. I'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2008
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2009

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your post on this travel community It is always great to know that you liked our hospitality at the house!
We will be here next time you will decide to come to Florence.......

My best to you and your family.

Reviewed 31 December 2008

We had a very nice stay for Christmas 2008 at the Hotel David in Florence, Italy.

The staff's hospitality, the warmth of the hotel all decorated for Christmas, the happy hour next to the fireplace, the spacious clean rooms and wonderful freshly baked pastries for breakfast and Christmas Eve, all contributed to a very memorable visit to Florence.

I highly recommend the hotel. You will be lucky if, at the height of the season, you manage to book a room in this hotel!
I give it a rating of excellent for our overall experience.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank Frencbird
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2009

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your post on this travel community I'm so pleased that you and your family enjoyed staying at our house and I'm happy you liked the Chrismas Eve "lite dinner" we have offered to our Guests.

I personally wish you, together with my Staff, a happy new 2009!

Gabriele Cecioni

P.s. Taxi ride to from the local airport is
approx. Euro 25,00 working hours check it up!

Reviewed 30 December 2008

On referral from friends, we spent a week at Hotel David in Florence. Before we arrived, we already had good feelings about the service. I needed information about a specific medical service. The hotel willingly and efficiently found an English-speaking doctor for my convenience. This took considerable time.

Hotel David is considered a three star hotel. When it comes to service, we consider it a ten star hotel. From the moment we walked in, everything was geared towards making guests feel at home. There was never a “no” to any of our requests.

Of course there was the included breakfast as there is in other hotels. Each night, however, included happy hour (plus) in which wine and hors d’oeuvres were served. Some hors d’oeuvres! Vegetable quiche, truffle pate, sausages, and my favorite, spaghetti carbonara. Every night was a different taste treat served in the living room and the patio garden. The couple of hours spent at this happening encouraged a lot of social interaction.

Other hotels charge for Internet service. At Hotel David, it was free. Hotel David provided bus tickets for sale so valuable tourist time was not spent searching for places to purchase these tickets. And the best treat of all was a free ten-minute evening call to any part of the world for every guest.

Each public area was filled with current magazines and newspapers, a library of tourist and art books and general reading material, games and gaming tables.

We were especially touched by the staff’s efforts to help when our children and grandchildren visited from Brussels Their late arrival made it difficult for us to dine at a restaurant. Hotel David gave us some dishes and candles to set on the patio and let us bring in take- out food to feed our tired and hungry family.

We spoke to Gabriele Cecioni, our host and owner about his plans for the future. He has many, many inspiring ideas, all around giving extra service for free to his guests. This is his edge and the guests are the happy recipients of Gabriele’s inventive and generous heart.

We heartedly recommend this family run hotel and hope to soon return ourselves.

• Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed 18 December 2008

Home-like atmosphere, and greeted everyone by their names. Went out of their way to be sure we wanted for nothing. Clean, friendly and warm atmosphere. The Lobby area was charming, much like the "living room" as it were before it was made into a hotel. FOUR stars!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank smitchell1015
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2008

Thank you for your post on this travellers community I'm so pleased to see so many people enjoying our home and so pleased you have good memories to carry with you!! I will wait for you ones again assuring our best effort to make your journey as memorable as possible....
I wish you a merry Christmas and a happy 2009!!

Reviewed 12 December 2008

We stayed in Hotel David on a 3 night break in Florence, it is a fantastic hotel. We chose Hotel David based on the Tripadvisor reviews and it was even better that expected. The staff and owner were so helpful, nothing was too much trouble and everything possible was done to make our stay memorable. The happy hour is also a great idea for meeting other guests; we sat every evening and discussed the day’s events over a glass of wine and aperitifs beside the beautiful Christmas tree. The weather was very cold and clear but the hotel was always warm and welcoming after a day sightseeing. The hotel is very clean and comfortable and a delicious breakfast is served with a smile every morning. We enjoyed the walk along the river to the town and up the hill behind the hotel to view the city.
A great experience and we would recommend Hotel David to all who do not want to stay in an unwelcoming box. Hotel David should be No. 1 on Tripadvisor.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Momelt
HDavidFirenze, Gabriele Cecioni owner at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2008

Dear Madam, Sir,

Thank you for posting your review on this travel community, I'm so preased that you enjoyed your stay at our house.
Regarding your wish to see Hotel David in first position I would say: I know my limits!! and H. Davanzati is doing a good job!

I wish you a merry Christmass and a happy new 2009!!