“Wonderful Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 422 Hotels in Florence
New Jersey
“Wonderful Hotel”
Reviewed 9 March 2009

I stayed here when we went for a class trip while I was in college. It was a really nice hotel, the staff was incredibly pleasant and the breakfast was the best I have had at a hotel in Italy. The rooms were pretty big for a room in Italy, and we even had a balcony. The hotel is not really close to any of the attractions, but is within walking distance, which was my favorite part because the hotel was in a nice quiet area, but we could still get to everything we wanted to see by walking. I plan to return this September.

• Stayed March 2007
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 10 March 2009
Dear Guest,

I thank you to write on this traveller community after so long time it means you have a good remember of our city and of our house.
I read that you are planning to come back to visit us in September, good choice it's worm bat not hot and you still have long lite hours.

See you soon than,

Gabriele Cecioni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 2 March 2009

Having said it's a bit far from the center, I like the hotel location since I enjoy walking and the walk at the riverside is amazing, even in a cold winter day. Bus stops is a few steps away from the main-entrance of the hotel. Room is spacious as well as the bathroom, bed is big and comfortable. Happy hour with free drinks & snacks is a bonus, also the free long-distance call once a day. I spent 5-nights and got a free lunch and the restaurants they recommended is cheap & good. Hotel staff is friendly and introduction to Florence is detailed, I'd highly recommend if you don't mind it's a bit far.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 2 March 2009
Dear Guest,

I'm glad you wrote that the Hotel is not "downtown" but 15 minutes walking distance from Ponte Vecchio. This Hotel is addressed to all the Travellers who want to be close to the action but not into the action so that is plesent to enjoy the garden or our terrace in summer time and the fireplace in winter time! Thank you.

Horgen, Switzerland
Reviewed 27 February 2009

This Hotel has it all.. central location, free parking, free minibar, free happy hour and a incredible staff. Very clean rooms and good breakfast.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
HDavid, Ower at Hotel David, responded to this review, 28 February 2009
Dear Guest,

I'm happy you had good time with us all the Staff is working hard to keep high standand of service. Thank you for your preference!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2009

This hotel is fabulous! My son and I traveled to Florence, and my husband joined us later. We were able to get to the hotel from the train station very easily! The location is just out of town, yet easy walking to get into the hub. The atmosphere is so welcoming when you take your first steps through the door. The room we had was very spacious, enough room for a teenage boy. The front desk knows where to go and how to get there and very helpful with maps! The rooms are clean and the breakfast started the day off perfectly. The hostess is bustling around making sure everything is fresh and that the guests are comfortable. I almost forgot, free internet, phone call anywhere and snacks at night!
My husband had a travel mishap and the owner was so helpful and accomodating to the situation. We have raved about the hotel to everybody we talk to when asked about our trip. Thank you so much for your gracious hospitatlity!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 24 February 2009
Dear Guest,

There is no way to explain how happy you make all the Staff of the David with your words of encouragement, we work hard to give our best efferts to make your stay as memorable as possible.

My best you and your Family,

Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed 16 February 2009

We stayed at this hotel on Feb 13-15 for S.Valentino in Florence.
Nice atmosphere and rooms full of charm, lovely lobby with
happy hour snacks and drinks for free, Free parking, internet and nice breakfast in lovely space. My best to a charming waitress with big smile and big sense for nice cappuccino.
Above all, stuff is very helpfull and decent.
Thank you once again. You were a big part of nice romantic weekend.

• Liked — friendly stuff
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 17 February 2009
Dear Guest,

I remember you spent your weekend for Saint Valentine, I'm so happy that you had good time in Florence and you enjoyed our hospitality, see you next year than!!!

Best regards,

Florida
Reviewed 12 February 2009

Florence is a city of exquisite architecture, breathtaking art and a fantastic little hotel named "David". We stayed at the David in October 2008, it was our second visit but certainly won't be our last. We arrived on a wet, chilly October morning and when we stepped through the door, we felt like we had come home. The welcoming staff and cozy ambiance warmed us up immediately. Our room was spacious, immaculate and comfortable. The staff are patient, kind and totally accommodating. The breakfast buffet , "happy hour" , internet access and free ten minute phone call to anywhere in the world are appreciated perks. It's about a 15 to 20 minute walk to the Ponte Vecchio and although there is bus service close by (tickets available at the front desk), the walk along the Arno is one of our favorite things. The Hotel David will always be our first choice for accommodations in Florence.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 13 February 2009
Dear Guest,

Once again thank you!! Even after a wile you have good memories about your trip in Firenze and the David.

Thank you! and anytime you decide to come to visit us again we will be there!

Goteborg
Reviewed 11 February 2009

We celebrated my mum's birthday in Florence and after reading all the good reviews at TripAdvisor we picked Hotel David. The hotel is very charming - more of a home than a hotel. The staff is just great - VERY service minded and helpful with everything; day trips, bus tickets, tickets to museums, where to eat... you name it! On my mum’s birthday they’d left some champagne – so sweet, we appreciated it soooo much!!!

The rooms are very charming and most important perfectly clean! The only negative about the rooms are that the beds were a bit hard. Breakfast buffet is pretty simple, but delicious. The afternoon snacks with wine were amazing! To just be able to sit down outside in the garden having a glass of wine, eating great Italian food/snacks was something we really enjoyed in the end of the day.

I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 12 February 2009
Dear Guest,

There is nothing better, for who works in hotel business, than a satisfied guest!
But there is no limit to increase our customer satisfaction: most of our Guests prefer firm mattress but not all of them! So we have softer ones available anytime, just advice the reception desk or mention this on your reservation.

My best to you and say hello from my party to your Mum!