All reviews great location stay there again breakfast is served breakfast room central location loved this hotel walking distance top floor uffizi gallery star hotel recommend this hotel room was clean and comfortable rooftop terrace around the corner stayed here for nights modern hotel croissants
Reviewed 7 December 2011

A really good location, ideal for friends, we wanted somewhere central but not extravagant. the fact it is right next to the leather market was a bonus!! close to the ponte vecchio we could jog along the water in the morning. just fab

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 November 2011

We decided to go to Florence at the last minute at peak season and considering that, we were very happy with the hotel. Our booking was definitely more expensive than it should have been, but again, last minute and peak season.

It's very central to all the major tourist sites (and unfortunately, all the tourists.) Tourists or not, it's still special to wander past the Duomo on your way home from dinner. The hotel is only a block or two from the Ponte Vecchio which these days is a sad tourist trap. BUT, cross the bridge and walk for a few blocks and you're in an entirely different world. Many more locals and restaurants that aren't catering solely to tourists.

The cappuccino and rolls in the morning were fine. Enough to get started on a day of sight-seeing. And the women serving breakfast were very sweet and welcoming to us. I gave up asking for hot water for tea the second day when I realized I as making someone grandmother run downstairs to get it. When in Florence, eat and drink as the Florentines do -- a sweet roll and a caffe latte or a cappuccino. Word to my fellow Americans -- ask for a caffe latte when you're in Italy, not simply a latte. Latte is the Italian word for milk and they'll assume you want a glass of it.

People have called the hotel unwelcoming. The front desk was friendly enough to us.

Anyway, the hotel is fine. I'd recommend it and consider staying there again, but I'd probably look around for a better deal first.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2011

From the moment we checked in to the hotel I felt uneasy and unwelcome. When we left I asked if I could get change for the taxi and he said he didn't have any. One in our party was not feeling well and stayed in the room. Even though the "Do Not Disturb" sign was on the door the maid came in and woke her up. Although I believe she did little more than fold our blankets any other time. My daughter lived 3 doors down which is why we chose the hotel and she was told she was not welcome when she came to visit or pick us up for site seeing. Florence is a beautiful, clean city with much to see and do and the people where very helpful and nice. The hotel although centrally located was the opposite.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Grace J
Reviewed 29 October 2011

We had our rental secured for 4 months and while in Venice...we learned it had been cancelled. HDS took our reservation and special requests, and delivered a relaxed & professional service... We arrived 4hs prior to check in time and they kept away from us all the hassle of wandering around with luggage. Also pointed us to non-touristy and in specific areas we wanted restaurants. Both also reviewed were very good to best-in-tour graded by our party of 4 demanding palates.
Rooms are a bit old fashioned yet still in the sober elegance of 1950's hotels. But they had the right number of plugs for the miriad of technology today's travelers require, very comfortable beds and a quiet ambiance. Breakfast was great and in a charming baranda al fresco or inside a great mid sized salon with wonderful flowers and a charming running-around-the-table senior aged lady that really knew about keeping fou fed and happy.
The location is unbeatable...quiet little street jus 1 block away from Ufizzi and Arno. They even guarded our luggage after check out for 2days while we rented a car for some Tuscan villas visits. They were not only our life-saving option after our cancellation, but actually a great option I would definitely recommend.
Restaurant Hostaria Il Desco, some 2 mins away was probably in our top 2 restaurants for the entire 5 cities, 20 days tour.

Smart location and great service, thank you!

Room Tip: I wold go for rooms on 3 rd floor or higher if you are a late sleeper because breakfast is served at 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank AndyMontevideo
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Went there because of late booking / no availabilities in other places.
This hotel is just a living nightmare : ugly furniture and from another century, awefull smell, so called breakfast, etc...and a price comparable to very nice 4 star hotel (appx. 100€/night)....
Not worth 30€...and 1 star.
You should beware any good rating that you can find on this hotel....

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business