All reviewsgreat locationstay there againbreakfast is servedbreakfast roomcentral locationloved this hotelwalking distancetop flooruffizi gallerystar hotelrecommend this hotelroom was clean and comfortablerooftop terracearound the cornerstayed here for nightsmodern hotelcroissants
Reviewed 25 January 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights when we got married in Florence. We absolutely loved it! Sure the rooms are very dated, but the location, breakfast, staff, and value are top-notch! It is the perfect mom and pop family owned/ran place. When we go back to Florence for subsequent anniversaries, this will be where we stay, no question about it!

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I recently returned from a repeat stay at the Hotel Della Signoria. Didn't even consider another hotel, because of the Signoria's location and staff. As others have commented, it is only steps from the Piazza Della Signoria, the Uffizi, and the Ponte Vecchio. All of the staff members have been there for several years, and have been most kind,helpful, friendly and welcoming. I enjoy being served breakfast, and not having to fight a buffet line! Also, the hotel has a wonderful same-day laundry service, if you need to send something out. My clothes don't look this good at home!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 December 2011

A really good location, ideal for friends, we wanted somewhere central but not extravagant. the fact it is right next to the leather market was a bonus!! close to the ponte vecchio we could jog along the water in the morning. just fab

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 November 2011

We decided to go to Florence at the last minute at peak season and considering that, we were very happy with the hotel. Our booking was definitely more expensive than it should have been, but again, last minute and peak season.

It's very central to all the major tourist sites (and unfortunately, all the tourists.) Tourists or not, it's still special to wander past the Duomo on your way home from dinner. The hotel is only a block or two from the Ponte Vecchio which these days is a sad tourist trap. BUT, cross the bridge and walk for a few blocks and you're in an entirely different world. Many more locals and restaurants that aren't catering solely to tourists.

The cappuccino and rolls in the morning were fine. Enough to get started on a day of sight-seeing. And the women serving breakfast were very sweet and welcoming to us. I gave up asking for hot water for tea the second day when I realized I as making someone grandmother run downstairs to get it. When in Florence, eat and drink as the Florentines do -- a sweet roll and a caffe latte or a cappuccino. Word to my fellow Americans -- ask for a caffe latte when you're in Italy, not simply a latte. Latte is the Italian word for milk and they'll assume you want a glass of it.

People have called the hotel unwelcoming. The front desk was friendly enough to us.

Anyway, the hotel is fine. I'd recommend it and consider staying there again, but I'd probably look around for a better deal first.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2011

From the moment we checked in to the hotel I felt uneasy and unwelcome. When we left I asked if I could get change for the taxi and he said he didn't have any. One in our party was not feeling well and stayed in the room. Even though the "Do Not Disturb" sign was on the door the maid came in and woke her up. Although I believe she did little more than fold our blankets any other time. My daughter lived 3 doors down which is why we chose the hotel and she was told she was not welcome when she came to visit or pick us up for site seeing. Florence is a beautiful, clean city with much to see and do and the people where very helpful and nice. The hotel although centrally located was the opposite.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family